Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 28. (Read 259347 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
September 12, 2017, 06:29:48 AM
Recommending anyone interested in the project to join the slack linked on frontpage. Devs are talking with the growing community on an hourly basis, and you'll get the news there first  Wink
Activity: 16
September 11, 2017, 12:10:59 PM
Hello Griffith,

Thanks for the hard work you've done.

I have one question regarding the coin now that the wallet is up and running:

When will ECC be proposed for new, more popular/bigger exchanges?
Do you have a plan regarding that matter?

we will be working on getting added on more exchanges in the next few weeks yes.

That is truly a great piece of news, now that the wallet is on!
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
September 11, 2017, 10:26:30 AM
Hello Griffith,

we will be working on getting added on more exchanges in the next few weeks yes.
Activity: 16
September 11, 2017, 04:38:27 AM
Announcement

ECC v0.2.5.2 wallet daemon has been completed and code released on the github. https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/releases/tag/v0.2.5.2

BEFORE YOU UPDATE PLEASE BACK UP YOUR WALLET.DAT FILE TO SOMEWHERE SAFE

Website
---------------
The new website specifically for ecc will be going live today as part of an initiative to clear up the confusion about the difference between CryptoUnited and ECC.
http://Https://ecc.network will be live within 24 hours and contain all of the download links for all of the wallets by the end of Monday 9/11/17 (docker for OSX + docker instructions might take longer)
There is no more bootstrap for the new wallet. it will take longer to download a bootstrap than it would be to sync the block headers.

ChangeLog:  https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/blob/master/release-notes/0.2.5.2.md
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Higher restructions prevent PoW blocks from being mined after block 1504000 after someone figured out how to mine PoW blocks again in July of 2017.
- Core upgrade from bitcoin 0.7.6 to bitcoin 0.12.1
- PoS system checking for a valid stake kernel hash completely reworked
- Syncing is now done by headers rather than blocks
- Other various small bugfixes and improvements

Known Bugs
-----------------------
- There might be an issue for some users with the wallet.dat files requiring a newer version of E-Currency Coin daemon. This can be fixed by starting the wallet with forceupgradewallet=1 set in the config file. There might also be a bug where a users balance does not show all of the coins in their wallet, this can be fixed by adding zapwallettxes=1 to the config file before starting the wallet. Neither of the previous config changes should be left in for more than 1 wallet restart.
- There is an issue with the wallet.dat thinking it is corrupted due to a bad file in the database folder. It has been reported that this can be fixed by deleting the database folder and restarting the wallet.

As always feel free to ask for support in the #support channel in slack if you need it.
Slack Join Link: https://join.slack.com/t/cryptounited-public/shared_invite/MjM3MjM5NjY1MTA2LTE1MDQ3MzA0NDYtNWE1NmE0OWNmYw

-Griffith

For those using OSX
The wallet will be available through docker

I know if you have ever heard me talk about apple/OSX, You know i hate it. However, some of the community does use it and we (the devs/sys-admins working on ECC, myself included) are going to do our best to provide an easy way to run the wallet on OSX without forcing people to run a virutal machine or change operating systems.

We will accomplish this through the use of docker. Bless that magical whale and a special thank you to altj for making the container.

With the dockerfile we will also put out instructions in a text document and an install script for OSX users. This should allow OSX users to be able to run the wallet on their computers with the same gui as everyone else without having to change anything about their systems (except installing the docker dmg). Support will be provided to those who get stuck doing the OSX specific setup so dont worry if you dont really understand what docker is. Everything will be fully documented.

We will be moving towards an OSX build again in the future that doesnt rely on docker, but for now this is an easier way for us to get those people using OSX up and running upon release without possible week long delays.

As always feel free to ask for support in the #support channel in slack if you need it.
Slack Join Link: https://join.slack.com/t/cryptounited-public/shared_invite/MjM3MjM5NjY1MTA2LTE1MDQ3MzA0NDYtNWE1NmE0OWNmYw

Hello Griffith,

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
September 11, 2017, 03:54:02 AM
How to compile this on windows???

No need to compile anything, wallets will be provided as soon as the new website will go up on https://www.ecc.network. Website is expected to go up on Monday 11/09/2017 (today) at the end of the day as you can read 3 posts above...
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
September 10, 2017, 11:03:52 PM
How to compile this on windows???
legendary
September 10, 2017, 04:36:46 PM
Announcement

ECC v0.2.5.2 wallet daemon has been completed and code released on the github. https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/releases/tag/v0.2.5.2

BEFORE YOU UPDATE PLEASE BACK UP YOUR WALLET.DAT FILE TO SOMEWHERE SAFE

Website
---------------
The new website specifically for ecc will be going live today as part of an initiative to clear up the confusion about the difference between CryptoUnited and ECC.
http://Https://ecc.network will be live within 24 hours and contain all of the download links for all of the wallets by the end of Monday 9/11/17 (docker for OSX + docker instructions might take longer)
There is no more bootstrap for the new wallet. it will take longer to download a bootstrap than it would be to sync the block headers.

ChangeLog:  https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/blob/master/release-notes/0.2.5.2.md
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Higher restructions prevent PoW blocks from being mined after block 1504000 after someone figured out how to mine PoW blocks again in July of 2017.
- Core upgrade from bitcoin 0.7.6 to bitcoin 0.12.1
- PoS system checking for a valid stake kernel hash completely reworked
- Syncing is now done by headers rather than blocks
- Other various small bugfixes and improvements

Known Bugs
-----------------------
- There might be an issue for some users with the wallet.dat files requiring a newer version of E-Currency Coin daemon. This can be fixed by starting the wallet with forceupgradewallet=1 set in the config file. There might also be a bug where a users balance does not show all of the coins in their wallet, this can be fixed by adding zapwallettxes=1 to the config file before starting the wallet. Neither of the previous config changes should be left in for more than 1 wallet restart.
- There is an issue with the wallet.dat thinking it is corrupted due to a bad file in the database folder. It has been reported that this can be fixed by deleting the database folder and restarting the wallet.

-Griffith

For those using OSX
The wallet will be available through docker

I know if you have ever heard me talk about apple/OSX, You know i hate it. However, some of the community does use it and we (the devs/sys-admins working on ECC, myself included) are going to do our best to provide an easy way to run the wallet on OSX without forcing people to run a virutal machine or change operating systems.

We will accomplish this through the use of docker. Bless that magical whale and a special thank you to altj for making the container.

With the dockerfile we will also put out instructions in a text document and an install script for OSX users. This should allow OSX users to be able to run the wallet on their computers with the same gui as everyone else without having to change anything about their systems (except installing the docker dmg). Support will be provided to those who get stuck doing the OSX specific setup so dont worry if you dont really understand what docker is. Everything will be fully documented.

We will be moving towards an OSX build again in the future that doesnt rely on docker, but for now this is an easier way for us to get those people using OSX up and running upon release without possible week long delays.

legendary
September 09, 2017, 04:47:11 PM
that's all well and fine and for many new and old comers to ecc its very frustrating...
can we have a wallet that works, like its always been, that is "like" the old wallet, just a simple alternative that receives sends and stakes...

As you know we have moved away from the traditional ECC wallet. We are doing this because we need a platform that can be used for more then just sending/receiving/storing coins. The new wallet can be build up in layers and has the new core and security aspects incluided that bitcoin also has.

Big changes are happening and we need to prepare for that. ECC wil be the first coin that has successfully finished his PoW/PoS period and will be an " ULTRA LOW INFLATION COIN ". The only inflation will be the transaction costs.

Hmm,

While you will be ultra low inflation , after you fix your wallet, and end or lower interest staking.

ZEIT was the 1st Standard Proof of Stake coin to go ultra low inflation on August 11, 2017.
Only .0005% per year

No offense to Griffith, but all of our exchanges & block explorers & wallets are working.
ECC has been offline for over a month.

And while I wish you good luck in your endeavors, ZEIT was there 1st.
The Proof is in our forum.
★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION]
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/zeit-community-knights-ultra-low-inflation-micro-payments-487814

Cool

FYI:
Technically if you stop all of your interest completely , you won't be ultra low inflation,
you will be Zero Inflation, as Transaction fees would not add to your overall # of coins only move ownership. Sadly , NXT beat you to the title of 1st for Zero inflation of a proof of stake.

You are correct....we will be going from a 3 year 25% a year inflation to a 0% inflation. Thank you for pointing that out....still the first SCRYPT coin to go 0% inflation after successfully ending the full PoW/PoS period
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
September 09, 2017, 06:22:50 AM
that's all well and fine and for many new and old comers to ecc its very frustrating...
can we have a wallet that works, like its always been, that is "like" the old wallet, just a simple alternative that receives sends and stakes...

As you know we have moved away from the traditional ECC wallet. We are doing this because we need a platform that can be used for more then just sending/receiving/storing coins. The new wallet can be build up in layers and has the new core and security aspects incluided that bitcoin also has.

Big changes are happening and we need to prepare for that. ECC wil be the first coin that has successfully finished his PoW/PoS period and will be an " ULTRA LOW INFLATION COIN ". The only inflation will be the transaction costs.

Hmm,

While you will be ultra low inflation , after you fix your wallet, and end or lower interest staking.

ZEIT was the 1st Standard Proof of Stake coin to go ultra low inflation on August 11, 2017.
Only .0005% per year

No offense to Griffith, but all of our exchanges & block explorers & wallets are working.
ECC has been offline for over a month.

And while I wish you good luck in your endeavors, ZEIT was there 1st.
The Proof is in our forum.
★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION]
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/zeit-community-knights-ultra-low-inflation-micro-payments-487814

Cool

FYI:
Technically if you stop all of your interest completely , you won't be ultra low inflation,
you will be Zero Inflation, as Transaction fees would not add to your overall # of coins only move ownership. Sadly , NXT beat you to the title of 1st for Zero inflation of a proof of stake.
legendary
September 09, 2017, 03:50:25 AM

Activity: 123
Merit: 10
NYC NYC NYC
September 08, 2017, 11:08:28 PM
legendary
September 08, 2017, 11:17:10 AM
The old wallet was sweet, it worked, its was fun. Even when this new fangdangled wallet comes out, im still going to wish for the old wallet. You know, the one that liked to hang but once you knew its quirks(like how ya had to re-sync from scratch every so often)but it was cool, i believed in it, it staked, it sent, it received. Its the reason im even here. Can we please just have the old wallet or one that is easy and clear please.
I feel so sorry for newcomers who put alot of money into ecc recently. Please can the old wallet be in action, while ongoing roadmap style works come along at the pace that they come along. slow and steady.

No, old wallet is not compatible with the new wallet so update will be essential. This means that old wallets can't sync, can't send, can't stake and can't receive.

The new wallet is not a fix, it is a new wallet with totally different technology in the code...never used before for any other SCRYPT coin.
Activity: 123
NYC NYC NYC
September 08, 2017, 11:11:43 AM
The old wallet was sweet, it worked, its was fun. Even when this new fangdangled wallet comes out, im still going to wish for the old wallet. You know, the one that liked to hang but once you knew its quirks(like how ya had to re-sync from scratch every so often)but it was cool, i believed in it, it staked, it sent, it received. Its the reason im even here. Can we please just have the old wallet or one that is easy and clear please.
I feel so sorry for newcomers who put alot of money into ecc recently. Please can the old wallet be in action, while ongoing roadmap style works come along at the pace that they come along. slow and steady.
Activity: 19
September 07, 2017, 03:57:34 PM
slack invite link was just updated on the OP
what practical use of a coin is there now or is it planned? What are the advantages of this coin compared to others? What does the project want to achieve ??
legendary
September 06, 2017, 04:42:54 PM
slack invite link was just updated on the OP
Activity: 69
September 06, 2017, 03:02:20 PM
Thanks, I'll try
legendary
September 06, 2017, 02:27:40 PM

Hi ECC Community,

How to running Master node with ECC Coin......?
How many Coin Needs to running Master node.....?

Thanks

ECC does not have masternodes.

Tried to build from source on Ubuntu 16.04 though didn't get it to work.
Anyone has a working autocorrelation.sh?

to build to test on ubuntu just requires you to run make -f makefile.unix once you have installed all of the dependencies.
unsure what that .sh file you are asking for is. that is not in the repo at all
Activity: 69
September 06, 2017, 04:22:16 AM
Tried to build from source on Ubuntu 16.04 though didn't get it to work.
Anyone has a working autocorrelation.sh?
Activity: 92
Professional Crypto Trader & Promoter of Bounty
September 06, 2017, 04:03:17 AM
Hello guys,

I'm a ECC fan Wink I have near 1 million.
Anyone can invite me to the slack channel ?

Thanks.

Hi ECC Community,

How to running Master node with ECC Coin......?
How many Coin Needs to running Master node.....?

Thanks
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
September 05, 2017, 03:23:17 PM
Warning: This currency is currently in maintenance mode. It is advised not to send deposits until the wallet is active.  .............................. Sad Sad Sad

be patient with new wallet will emerge in 2100 Grin Grin Grin Grin

ecc pump pump a large group all kids grif troll

Huh? What? Could you try that again but in English this time?

Man, you're still here posting? lol, you are just a kid who is invested in the coin. Stop acting like you are apart of the ECC team. I love when pathetic fools get emotionally attached to coins. This is a shit coin, deal with it. The developer said he would have a wallet ready over a month ago... I know you're afraid of people selling off because you're invested but no need to play forum superhero going after anyone who talks about your precious ECC.

Pathetic, clueless idiot. Have a nice life, hope you make enough money in crypto to buy yourself a personality...

PS: I see your invested as well judging by this quote: "Is there something wrong with the wallet? I transferred my ECC from CoinExchange almost 24 hours ago and haven't received anything."

Interesting.

Just don't bother mate.  Grin
Non-positive people are just average. Positivism is priceless. They do not know how to contribute or win more money, so they just try everything.

People on the internet... beware that in most crypto forums, users try to impersonate people and drive efforts to move opinions of the mass to bring values of coins to their needs. Don't follow these influences and base your knowledge on practical proofs you understand. If you can't understand, ask! The community will respond eventually. If you don't ask, you will never know, and you might be seduced to something you might not be certain about.

The last recommendation is... compare your results and answers. Dought people and reason with them until you are 100% sure. Not anyone that looks reasonable is reasonable. Starting by myself... Take my words if have enough proof... but don't believe everyone on the internet.

Ya, it's all a game anyway...  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: