Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 57. (Read 259347 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 15
June 14, 2017, 01:47:59 PM
Let me share a story with all of you to show how ECC is a scam and Griffith is a Bad Dev:

Yesterday i was worried with safety, as if you unlock your wallet for stacking, it would be open for sending payments also, and if someone took over your computer (by presence or remotely) could just send coins for himself and you would be done...

Because of that risk, i decided to keep wallet offline, and that would not help the network, or i would get ant minted coins.

Talk about that with Greg Griffith.

Few minutes later he tells me that he is compiling new wallet and adding function where you could unlock wallet for staking purposes, but to send coins, would ask for password, adding more security.
In less than half an hour tells me to download new wallet, and help me to solve few hiccups that were happening.

Well...

How scammy is that? Does Dev cares for community? I will let you decide on that Cheesy

What, exactly, is wrong with you? The Dev helped you and you think that is scammy? I suggest you get out of crypto right now before someone else tries to "help" you!

R-J-F , i think i already made clear that i was being sarcastic toward those who call ECC a scam, no?

Sorry if my post made some misunderstood - We are in the same side. I'm a holder and a believer too.

If you see my posts here and in slack, you will see clearly what is my position relating to ECC project and CryptoUnited team
June 14, 2017, 01:42:36 PM

Yes, found it too! Let the coins do its work Cheesy

Can someone explain how the PoS stake works?  Some questions...

1)  How much time do you need to contribute to receive stakes?  How often are stakes paid out? 

2)  What is the typical stake size?  Does having a larger wallet increase the size of the stake you receive?

3)  What happens if you close your wallet overnight, then re-open?  Is your network time contribution saved or does it reset each time you open/close/re-open the wallet? 

Did not fully understood POS yet, but i can share a bit of my personal experience in ECC

1) It first took around 3-4 days to get first stakes since first coins arrive wallet. After that it staked more frequently
2) I'm not sure if will also depend on how many wallets are currently staking, but i've seen around 0.0009 per ECC Per day. It means that is 0.09 per 1000 or 900 per million. Not a precise number. Some days more, some less. If you make calculations wont be far from the announced 25% per year.
3)Not totally sure on that one (as also on previous ones), but i guess your coins get older, and they will "weight" more on your side relating to get and solve blocks. I'm sure many people here can explain it way better than me
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
June 14, 2017, 01:27:47 PM

Can someone explain how the PoS stake works?  Some questions...

1)  How much time do you need to contribute to receive stakes?  How often are stakes paid out? 

2)  What is the typical stake size?  Does having a larger wallet increase the size of the stake you receive?

3)  What happens if you close your wallet overnight, then re-open?  Is your network time contribution saved or does it reset each time you open/close/re-open the wallet? 
MvR
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 14, 2017, 01:23:57 PM
Managed to get it working and syncing but I still cannot see any box for unlocking wallet for staking.
Am I looking at the wrong spot? Please guide me...

Hey Guys,

While yesterday I had the wallet working but couldn't unlock for staking, today I'm having trouble making it work.
Installed the latest version, working good, but as it will take forever to catch up, I downloaded the snapshot, and after following the instructions, when loading the wallet it is just stuck on ' loading block index'

Any advice on how to make it work?

how long takes a pos block? i will send some coins

With the latest wallet, click 'Settings' and then click 'Unlock'.  Check the box for 'Only Unlock for Staking' and then enter your password.  Do that everytime you close and re-open the wallet.

I am using the latest version. And no 'unlock' option under 'settings'

OK. Found it.

First you need to Encrypt your wallet, then you get the option to unlock it. makes sense....

June 14, 2017, 01:05:37 PM

OK. Found it.

First you need to Encrypt your wallet, then you get the option to unlock it. makes sense....
Great Smiley

Anyway, i let here link for latest wallets:

You can head on over to http://www.cryptounited.io and download the ecc wallets from the coins section

Edit: Had to remove links as they appeared as suspicious. Better go to the source Wink
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
June 14, 2017, 12:52:28 PM
Managed to get it working and syncing but I still cannot see any box for unlocking wallet for staking.

Hey Guys,

While yesterday I had the wallet working but couldn't unlock for staking, today I'm having trouble making it work.
Installed the latest version, working good, but as it will take forever to catch up, I downloaded the snapshot, and after following the instructions, when loading the wallet it is just stuck on ' loading block index'

With the latest wallet, click 'Settings' and then click 'Unlock'.  Check the box for 'Only Unlock for Staking' and then enter your password.  Do that everytime you close and re-open the wallet.

OK. Found it.

June 14, 2017, 12:45:26 PM

I also don't see the unlock for staking option. checked the version and it is 0.2.4.9 so that's the newest I believe... Please solve or can you explain how to make it work? Thanks!
What is your OS?
June 14, 2017, 12:44:15 PM

Hey Guys,

June 14, 2017, 12:44:03 PM

Hey Guys,

I also don't see the unlock for staking option. checked the version and it is 0.2.4.9 so that's the newest I believe... Please solve or can you explain how to make it work? Thanks!

ith the latest wallet, click 'Settings' and then click 'Unlock'.  Check the box for 'Only Unlock for Staking' and then enter your password.  Do that everytime you close and re-open the wallet.
MvR
Activity: 4
June 14, 2017, 12:41:34 PM

Hey Guys,

June 14, 2017, 12:37:46 PM

Hey Guys,

June 14, 2017, 12:34:03 PM

Hey Guys,

June 14, 2017, 12:31:18 PM
How does the PoS stake work?  Some questions...

June 14, 2017, 12:20:32 PM
So he helped you out, what is scammy about that?
It was fast? Well some changes don't require a lot of coding. Also, he might have been reported or familiar with these issues beforehand, and already working on them.
unless you are being sarcastic. I dont get sarcasm

Yes, JacquesLeGrande. Jut to be clear, I was being sarcastic and i was sharing this to show how committed Griffith is with ECC development
June 14, 2017, 12:17:25 PM
Let me share a story with all of you to show how ECC is a scam and Griffith is a Bad Dev:

Yesterday i was worried with safety, as if you unlock your wallet for stacking, it would be open for sending payments also, and if someone took over your computer (by presence or remotely) could just send coins for himself and you would be done...

Because of that risk, i decided to keep wallet offline, and that would not help the network, or i would get ant minted coins.

Talk about that with Greg Griffith.

Few minutes later he tells me that he is compiling new wallet and adding function where you could unlock wallet for staking purposes, but to send coins, would ask for password, adding more security.
In less than half an hour tells me to download new wallet, and help me to solve few hiccups that were happening.

Well...

How scammy is that? Does Dev cares for community? I will let you decide on that Cheesy

Dammn, people! What's wrong with you?  Huh

I see a lot in trollbox, and so (not that it counts for anything - they are just trolling and fudding) that ECC is scam and i used a well pronounced sarcasm, sharing true story to show that ECC is NOT SCAM and Griffith is a DEDICATED DEV, and you don't get it??? WTF?

Maybe now is explicit enough?
Even if i wanna buy cheaper coins, i do not use FUD to make it happen.

Activity: 9
June 14, 2017, 12:10:14 PM
can everyone please stop selling now. You are bringing the price down, and it can keep going up a lot more. just be patient. with the rates this was going, if it hadnt been for the huge sell out today, we would've been at 60-80 satoshis by now. so keep calm and hold for a few days.

Yessssssssss please HOLD!!!
June 14, 2017, 12:06:26 PM
can everyone please stop selling now. You are bringing the price down, and it can keep going up a lot more. just be patient. with the rates this was going, if it hadnt been for the huge sell out today, we would've been at 60-80 satoshis by now. so keep calm and hold for a few days.

Just some standard shaking out of the weak hands and selling by those short-termers who got in early.  The price is already back above 30 sat after lingering at 20 sat for a little while.  Was an amazing buying opportunity --- I picked up more at 21 sat.

Rule #1 about investing in a small but rising altcoin ---- DON'T CHECK THE PRICE MINUTE-BY-MINUTE!!!!  You will be driven mad and almost certainly shaken out due to nerves and will miss the huge spikes up when they occur.  Just use the pullbacks & dips as buying opportunities, if resources permit.
Activity: 53
Merit: 10
June 14, 2017, 12:03:45 PM
Activity: 13
June 14, 2017, 11:26:06 AM
Need Help Here.

I have old wallet of ECC and was not aware, there was new direction in development in other way. What am I suppose to do now?

Should I download new wallet and restore old wallet into new? Where is the new wallet?

Please help me suggest here..

download new wallet. run a rescan. sync with the chain. and your coins should all still be there.

Installed the wallet, sent 100 ECC. The amount still not showing up 40 minutes later. Wallet sync via boostrap. Only 1 peer connection available and I already restarted the wallet. Any ideas?

hmm... add some addnodes to your config. maybe restarting the wallet will help if you have a low connection count

Hope you improve this because how am I supposed to find nodes? I used the ones provided on the first page of this thread and that didnt help at all. You are the developer and with all due respect, kindly help out, the wallet should at least have some kind of primitive stability that allows non-devs to use it without having to post messages like mine. My opinion of course
Activity: 136
Merit: 10
June 14, 2017, 11:25:12 AM
 Shocked Shocked Shocked :oWTF Huh Huh Huh Huh   https://www.coinexchange.io/market/ECC/BTC

The same logo of old ECC on that exchange.
Im wondering where can I sold 5m ecc coins that I have in my wallet........As I knew, this is the same dev for this two coins. What is hapening? Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Pages:
Jump to: