Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 11. (Read 259347 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 1
January 21, 2018, 06:22:55 PM
Any bounty or airdrop in the near future?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 21, 2018, 11:17:16 AM

you have to wait until it syncs
sometimes stopping and starting again can help it speed up but it will surely take a while .
don't worry though.
you can check your wallet by pasting your address in the bar at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ecc/
you are able to check that the transaction has gone onto the blockchain there.

Thanks for your reply

Mmm I have tried that and it takes even longer to load up and is going down a lot.  I'm up to 5020 blocks and going by the number of hours it's taken and the number of blocks to sync from I have calculated it will take around 56 days to sync.  Definitely something not quite right with it. 

I don't know if it's a setting on the virtual desktop with Amazon, but all my other wallets work fine.
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
[insert trending meme] 人
January 21, 2018, 08:48:19 AM
I have downloaded the Lynx wallet and stupidly sent over coins to the new wallet before it was synced.  On the wallet itself I keep getting 'ESOCKETTIMEDOUT' is there anything I can do about this as I won't see the coins in the new wallet until it is synced.

Been open for a few hours and it is on block 2887 of 766596 with 1 active connection, total headers synced 414000

I have the wallet on windows virtual desktop from Amazon.

Is there anything I can do or just have to wait until it syncs?
you have to wait until it syncs
sometimes stopping and starting again can help it speed up but it will surely take a while .
don't worry though.
you can check your wallet by pasting your address in the bar at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ecc/
you are able to check that the transaction has gone onto the blockchain there.

Activity: 5
January 21, 2018, 08:13:28 AM
I have downloaded the Lynx wallet and stupidly sent over coins to the new wallet before it was synced.  On the wallet itself I keep getting 'ESOCKETTIMEDOUT' is there anything I can do about this as I won't see the coins in the new wallet until it is synced.

Been open for a few hours and it is on block 2887 of 766596 with 1 active connection, total headers synced 414000

I have the wallet on windows virtual desktop from Amazon.

Is there anything I can do or just have to wait until it syncs?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
January 20, 2018, 08:18:24 PM
Hi everyone,

Since more and more people are joining asking how they can contribute to development or have questions about what the devs are working on right now. A project has been created inside the github repository that holds the wallet code. I have started to move the devs todo list into the cards within the repo. This will help devs to keep track of who is doing what task and also help the community to track what the developers are currently working on.

The devleopment project can be found at https://github.com/project-ecc/eccoin/projects/1

If you are a developer and want to pick up a card, you can PM me and tell me you want to take one of the tasks. I will mark that it has been assigned to you and move it to the "in progress" column. If you pick up a card and get stuck, you can always ask for help since I know a lot of devs know how to code but dont know a lot about the blockchain project structure in general.

-Griffith
Activity: 1
January 20, 2018, 06:57:54 PM
ECC is going to the top. Hope to see some big upgrades on Jan 26th Smiley

Where is the best(safest) place to buy ECC?!
Activity: 31
January 20, 2018, 06:26:50 PM
hello, tried to download win64 wallet with automatic updates, but my "start daemon" button doesn't work and i have 0 active connection with the network, i'm missing something?
Activity: 56
January 19, 2018, 04:36:22 AM
Hello guys, quick question.

I got the Lynx Wallet. I've sended coins over there but it says 4 transactions are still PENDING. Those transactions are more than 4 days ago by now. Any thoughts?

Cor

Hello,

What is your block for now? Join us on slack, you will find a good help Smiley
January 18, 2018, 01:26:13 PM
Hello guys, quick question.

I got the Lynx Wallet. I've sended coins over there but it says 4 transactions are still PENDING. Those transactions are more than 4 days ago by now. Any thoughts?

Cor
Activity: 322
January 18, 2018, 11:12:13 AM
hello , why not sync , getconnectioncount: 1 , Why?  can you help me , thanks.

eccoin.conf

dns = 1
forceupgradewallet = 1
maxconnections=100
rpcuser=yourusername
rpcpassword=yourpassword
addnode=www.cryptounited.io
rpcport=19119
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
addnode=74.208.133.18
addnode=82.176.15.155
addnode=66.66.243.140
addnode=223.134.231.97
addnode=46.4.64.68
Activity: 49
January 17, 2018, 11:31:10 PM
Has there been a roadmap published?
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
January 17, 2018, 01:55:32 PM
Hi,
there has been a slight change in project structure.

For all developers:
the githubs have been migrated from my personal github to a github project. they can now be found at https://github.com/project-ecc/eccoin and https://github.com/project-ecc/Lynx

For everyone else:
if you find a link to either the Lynx or eccoin github link that is no longer working because of the migration, please report it so it can be fixed.

To answer the question of "what are the devs working on" and ease any concerns, here is our current checklist we were trying to complete for the next release (this is just a copy and paste so its in dev speak and has some developer notes in it).

GUI
-downlaods menu is no longer a tab, start button now replaces itself
-daemon now replaced with wallet
-configuration under settings where it should be
-fix balance bug, should now show all balances correctly
-fix wallet version, should read from package file
-fix the transaction table
-fix new version available message
-fix internal server error
- fix backup wallet button
- add button to menu to change staking state without restarting the wallet using setgenerate
- make time to unlock wallet option. should have some arbitrary high default value if no specific number input
- progress bar for daemon download, helps on slower connections even though its only 30MB

DAEMON
-add ability to toggle where change is sent in tx, now defaults to address where coins were being sent from instead of creating a new address. This should help users check their addresses on BE with better accuracy
-add service tx's for ANS and other services. no port available, no one has done this
-implement full network manager for all network services. no port available, no one has done this
-implement chain manager. no port available, no one has done this
- add ANS tx checks to processtx
-fix the transaction table, combine coinstake inputs and outputs
-import autogen/configure scripts
-fix travisCI configs
- add rpc call to reload settings from config file, will need to pause wallet to do this safely. some settings cannot be reloaded with this command, see safety list
- rpc to add contact to address book
- rpc to delete contact from address book
- rpc to modify contact in address book
- rpc to check password validity/encryption precense
- add load percentage to block index
- improve network sync time. port from 14.2
- improve load block index time.
- port in rescan ability without full wallet restart from 14.2

For everyone having issues, we are working on it. You can always seek help for any problems you might have in support channel in slack

Thank you,
-Griffith

Happy to see this one on the todo list - improve load block index time.
Thanks for all the effort you are putting into ECC, keep up the good work!

Activity: 367
January 15, 2018, 03:00:05 PM
hi
i just wanna ask... is there a swap to another new coin after they launch the new website... or it is same??? just hold in the wallet Huh?

No coin swap or burn or anything similar to it. There are inactive wallets(I believe around %20 if not more) but, these coins bought/mined/staked by people, and swap means destroying these peoples' "share" in the ecosystem, it's against the fundementals of decentralized ecosystem.

Interesting. That's quite a big portion, imo. Is there a way to see inactive wallets for other coins?

I remember mining /staking the original ECC years ago and was trying to dump it when the original dev took off and abandoned the project. My wallet would show a balance of zero and wouldn't sync with the network so I shrugged it off and left it on my PC to collect dust. Very happy I didn't get rid of it. The new dev/team is great.
Activity: 12
January 15, 2018, 08:45:06 AM
hi
i just wanna ask... is there a swap to another new coin after they launch the new website... or it is same??? just hold in the wallet Huh?

No coin swap or burn or anything similar to it. There are inactive wallets(I believe around %20 if not more) but, these coins bought/mined/staked by people, and swap means destroying these peoples' "share" in the ecosystem, it's against the fundementals of decentralized ecosystem.
Activity: 8
January 14, 2018, 10:10:37 PM
hi
Activity: 257
[insert trending meme] 人
January 14, 2018, 06:54:21 AM
Anyone have a link to the ECC white paper??
Activity: 367
January 14, 2018, 02:01:53 AM
Hi all,

Interested in investing a large sum in the coin. Which exchanges sell this coin and where can I find more about the project scope?

The first page.
Activity: 3
January 13, 2018, 06:54:17 PM
Hi all,

Interested in investing a large sum in the coin. Which exchanges sell this coin and where can I find more about the project scope?
Activity: 322
January 12, 2018, 10:28:37 PM
hello , why not sync , getconnectioncount: 1 , Why?  can you help me , thanks.

eccoin.conf

dns = 1
forceupgradewallet = 1
maxconnections=100
rpcuser=yourusername
rpcpassword=yourpassword
addnode=www.cryptounited.io
rpcport=19119
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
addnode=74.208.133.18
addnode=82.176.15.155
addnode=66.66.243.140