Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 82. (Read 259347 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
September 20, 2016, 02:07:37 PM
Hi guys,
so i finally got the wallet running with more connections!
The opened ports of the firewall did the trick, so thanks for the help there!! =D

But now i got another problem..
I'm running the newest wallet version, but after a couple of minutes, the wallet crashes and an error shows up saying, that there was a problem with the visual c++ and i should contact the support.
This happened with older versions of the wallet, too. So it is not a problem of the new wallet.
But do i have to install a specific microsoft visual c++ version for the ECC wallet?

Hm...i still get that error msg with the c++.. =/

What OS are you running?
If it is windows 10 , you may have to run the wallet in Win 7 compatible mode.
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-change-windows-10-a.html

Cool
Activity: 316
Merit: 10
September 20, 2016, 06:41:45 AM
Hi guys,
The opened ports of the firewall did the trick, so thanks for the help there!! =D

I'm running the newest wallet version, but after a couple of minutes, the wallet crashes and an error shows up saying, that there was a problem with the visual c++ and i should contact the support.
This happened with older versions of the wallet, too. So it is not a problem of the new wallet.
But do i have to install a specific microsoft visual c++ version for the ECC wallet?

Hm...i still get that error msg with the c++.. =/
legendary
September 19, 2016, 08:08:00 PM
Hey thanks!  This seems to have worked.  Is there any easy way to verify that I'm synced up to the correct chain?

Compare your current block # with https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc
If they Match you are good.  Smiley

Cool
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
September 19, 2016, 01:44:09 PM
E-CurrencyCoin BLOCKCHAIN SNAPSHOT
                 (The Fastest Way to Sync)

Wallet Version 2.4.7.0 used with this SnapShot.
_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________
You will need a program that can uncompress rar files, example:  http://rarlabs.com/download.htm

Filename:      E-CurrencyCoinBlockChainSnapShot-(Date Created).rar
Download :    https://mega.nz/#F!DBxjDbgC!3Um0nxoE4QZlJ8Co_-EDsg
Block Height:  1005426

NEW Wallet: Install Instructions
Make a ECCoin folder under C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\
Then Extract and copy the files from E-CurrencyCoinBlockchainSnapShot.rar into
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\ECCoin
Then open E-CurrencyCoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last snapshot.    

ACTIVE Wallet:Install Instructions ,
(Be sure to have a backup of your Wallet.dat 1st)
Make sure E-CurrencyCoin is closed
Go under c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\ECCoin (for Windows) or in the E-CurrencyCoin data folder for other OSes
Then Delete 4  files :  .lock & blk0001.dat & db.log & debug.log
Then Delete 2 folders named : database & txleveldb
Then Extract and copy the files from E-CurrencyCoinBlockchainSnapshot into
Then open E-CurrencyCoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last snapshot.

Once your E-CurrencyCoin Wallet is completely Synced.
Check your Balance, if the Balance is incorrect.
Click on Help, click Debug Window, click Console,
type in repairwallet and hit enter, then check your Balance
If Balance is still not correct.
Then From a Command Prompt run ECCoin-qt.exe -rescan  
will take a little while but should correct your balance info.

Cool

FYI:
Kiklo's Premium Blockchain Snapshot Service

Hey thanks!  This seems to have worked.  Is there any easy way to verify that I'm synced up to the correct chain?
legendary
September 18, 2016, 05:38:23 AM
E-CurrencyCoin BLOCKCHAIN SNAPSHOT
                 (The Fastest Way to Sync)

Wallet Version 2.4.7.0 used with this SnapShot.
_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________
You will need a program that can uncompress rar files, example:  http://rarlabs.com/download.htm

Filename:      E-CurrencyCoinBlockChainSnapShot-(Date Created).rar
Download :    https://mega.nz/#F!DBxjDbgC!3Um0nxoE4QZlJ8Co_-EDsg
Block Height:  1005426

NEW Wallet: Install Instructions
Make a ECCoin folder under C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\
Then Extract and copy the files from E-CurrencyCoinBlockchainSnapShot.rar into

ACTIVE Wallet:Install Instructions ,
(Be sure to have a backup of your Wallet.dat 1st)
Make sure E-CurrencyCoin is closed
Go under c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\ECCoin (for Windows) or in the E-CurrencyCoin data folder for other OSes
Then Delete 4  files :  .lock & blk0001.dat & db.log & debug.log
Then Delete 2 folders named : database & txleveldb
Then Extract and copy the files from E-CurrencyCoinBlockchainSnapshot into

Once your E-CurrencyCoin Wallet is completely Synced.
Check your Balance, if the Balance is incorrect.
Click on Help, click Debug Window, click Console,
type in repairwallet and hit enter, then check your Balance
If Balance is still not correct.
Then From a Command Prompt run ECCoin-qt.exe -rescan  
will take a little while but should correct your balance info.

Cool

FYI:
Kiklo's Premium Blockchain Snapshot Service
legendary
Activity: 1400
September 17, 2016, 10:24:37 PM
I'm sorry I really appreciate your help but I need you to break this down like i'm a 5 year old.  I'm an investor and appreciate the your vision with this coin which is why I invested, but unfortunately I am somewhat clueless on the tech end.

Give me a few hours and I will sync up the ECC snapshot ,
then you can just download the snapshot over your current blockchain.  Smiley

Cool

FYI:
@ Griffith, just a suggestion ,
but the splash screen is still saying easy clear coin, recommend changing to E-CurrencyCoin , for the sake of continuity.

huh, oh yeah. never noticed that. will fix. i use daemons almost exclusively
legendary
September 17, 2016, 07:06:42 PM
I'm sorry I really appreciate your help but I need you to break this down like i'm a 5 year old.  I'm an investor and appreciate the your vision with this coin which is why I invested, but unfortunately I am somewhat clueless on the tech end.

Give me a few hours and I will sync up the ECC snapshot ,
then you can just download the snapshot over your current blockchain.  Smiley

Cool

FYI:
@ Griffith, just a suggestion ,
but the splash screen is still saying easy clear coin, recommend changing to E-CurrencyCoin , for the sake of continuity.
September 17, 2016, 06:29:11 PM
I'm sorry, I've been away and am about a week late on the upgrade.  Now that I upgraded the new wallet is out of sync.  I assume that's because I upgraded after the recommended block, although honestly I'm not extremely knowledgeable with how these wallets work.   Does anyone mind explaining to me how get the new wallet synced up properly?  

you will need to resync completely

when trying to sync from scratch, you will get tooo many blocks to sync at once. so you will need to increase your allowed buffer sizes in your conf file upon startup.

maxreceivebuffer=100000
maxsendbuffer=10000000

I'm sorry I really appreciate your help but I need you to break this down like i'm a 5 year old.  I'm an investor and appreciate the your vision with this coin which is why I invested, but unfortunately I am somewhat clueless on the tech end.
legendary
September 17, 2016, 05:38:52 PM
I'm sorry, I've been away and am about a week late on the upgrade.  Now that I upgraded the new wallet is out of sync.  I assume that's because I upgraded after the recommended block, although honestly I'm not extremely knowledgeable with how these wallets work.   Does anyone mind explaining to me how get the new wallet synced up properly?  

you will need to resync completely

when trying to sync from scratch, you will get tooo many blocks to sync at once. so you will need to increase your allowed buffer sizes in your conf file upon startup.

maxreceivebuffer=100000
maxsendbuffer=10000000
September 17, 2016, 09:07:11 AM
I'm sorry, I've been away and am about a week late on the upgrade.  Now that I upgraded the new wallet is out of sync.  I assume that's because I upgraded after the recommended block, although honestly I'm not extremely knowledgeable with how these wallets work.   Does anyone mind explaining to me how get the new wallet synced up properly? 
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
September 16, 2016, 03:13:40 PM
Is supercoin still in development? I thought the project was abandoned in 2014 with no dev support. I know there have been several copycats or similar coins that have popped up but I'm asking about the coin with the ticker SUPER that was  supposed to have advanced anonymity features. This is posted as the "new thread" on supercoins old forum but am I correct in saying the coin I'm thinking of is dead?

Not dead at all.... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1351548.1000
Activity: 87
Judge a man by his questions, not his answers
September 16, 2016, 02:54:29 PM
Is supercoin still in development? I thought the project was abandoned in 2014 with no dev support. I know there have been several copycats or similar coins that have popped up but I'm asking about the coin with the ticker SUPER that was  supposed to have advanced anonymity features. This is posted as the "new thread" on supercoins old forum but am I correct in saying the coin I'm thinking of is dead?
Activity: 316
September 16, 2016, 01:47:02 PM
Hi guys,

legendary
September 16, 2016, 11:03:12 AM
figured out what is taking up the need for so much memory. i made it request the whole chain at once. so you need that much space to get the whole chain then it just processes the whole thing instead of asking for parts at a time. this will be fixed in the next update. the next update will NOT be mandatory
legendary
September 16, 2016, 01:42:22 AM
There is a small bug with the new ECC client. this only affects users starting syncing from scratch as far as i can see

maxreceivebuffer=100000
maxsendbuffer=10000000

if you add those two lines it should fix it. now. this will also make it use 1 gig of ram, for maybe 5 minutes before it goes back to normal 200 MB. im tyring to find the root cause of this problem. once i do i will fix the actual issue. again, if you are already synced. this wont happen and those lines are necessary.  so the next client update that fixes this issue will be an optional update. (i also have made it cleanup the debug log file more frequently in the next update). next version will be 2.4.7.1

Activity: 340
Merit: 122
September 16, 2016, 12:22:08 AM
Does SUPER still have a future? I don't see much chatter on it lately. I am asking this because I am still staking it. But if its not worth it, I just accept my losses and not worry about staking my wallet. Thank you.

please read OP. there is a different thread for super now

Oops! I missed that one. I'll check it out. Thank you.
legendary
September 16, 2016, 12:07:34 AM
Does SUPER still have a future? I don't see much chatter on it lately. I am asking this because I am still staking it. But if its not worth it, I just accept my losses and not worry about staking my wallet. Thank you.

please read OP. there is a different thread for super now
Activity: 340
Merit: 122
September 15, 2016, 11:29:38 PM
legendary
September 15, 2016, 03:17:46 AM

please update your ECC wallets before block 1005000.  thank you.

Everybody should be using wallet version 2.4.7.0 now. Any other wallet version will make your staking invalid because the protocol version is updated to 60021.

This is an essential update!!!
legendary
September 12, 2016, 03:42:47 PM
can anyone comfirm/deny that sync speeds are better? i see better results on my end, but im also on multiple gigabit ethernet.

I don't know...my wallet is synced and staking. I have found 1 difference with the notification system on a Mac. It now shows outside the wallet a message if a transaction is coming in ( the growl notification system )
Pages:
Jump to: