Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 81. (Read 259347 times)

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
October 14, 2016, 04:38:53 AM
ok, i added all the changes to the next version that i had planned to with one or two extras. i will post the change log and adjust some version stuff and then put up wallet releases before the weekend

new version will be 2.4.7.2

you must update before November 11th 2016. that is when the min tx fee change goes into affect, this will be the LAST mandatory update for a while. everything past this should be voluntary (this one was supposed to be voluntary until i decided to adjust min_tx_fee)

considering putting in a PoS raise at the same time the min_tx_fee change goes into affect. thoughts?

will also probably be removing some junk files that no longer apply to the coins future dev path.

will announce when the last change before 2.4.7.2 is officially made

made array of updates, decided to make it 2.4.7.3 instead to avoid confusion. please update your source, i will be posting new wallets shortly

Thanks.. looking forward to new wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
October 13, 2016, 10:33:00 PM
ok, i added all the changes to the next version that i had planned to with one or two extras. i will post the change log and adjust some version stuff and then put up wallet releases before the weekend

you must update before November 11th 2016. that is when the min tx fee change goes into affect, this will be the LAST mandatory update for a while. everything past this should be voluntary (this one was supposed to be voluntary until i decided to adjust min_tx_fee)

considering putting in a PoS raise at the same time the min_tx_fee change goes into affect. thoughts?

will also probably be removing some junk files that no longer apply to the coins future dev path.

made array of updates, decided to make it 2.4.7.3 instead to avoid confusion. please update your source, i will be posting new wallets shortly
legendary
October 12, 2016, 02:39:28 AM

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
October 07, 2016, 10:43:04 AM
a while back someone mentioned to me that having MIN_TX_FEE as an int64_t would be 0 since it is set to 0.1 right now and ints cant have decimal places.

i decided to go back and look at this and noticed that the fee is never actually 0. there are some lines of code within the create transaction itself that make the fee more than 0, however i will fix this min fee before the next update as well.

i dont want to redo a large section of the code, so i will probably be changing it to 1

Sounds fair, no point in wasting time on it if you don't have to.
legendary
October 06, 2016, 01:15:27 PM
a while back someone mentioned to me that having MIN_TX_FEE as an int64_t would be 0 since it is set to 0.1 right now and ints cant have decimal places.

i decided to go back and look at this and noticed that the fee is never actually 0. there are some lines of code within the create transaction itself that make the fee more than 0, however i will fix this min fee before the next update as well.

i dont want to redo a large section of the code, so i will probably be changing it to 1
legendary
October 05, 2016, 05:00:31 AM
adjusted to defined sleep function
removed message debug prints to log file. you can enable them with messagedebug=1
legendary
September 27, 2016, 12:55:53 PM
Hi Griffith,
   nice that you are still working here on eccoin.

there was a small edit on the newest commits that resulted on an error compiling the eccoin source on ubuntu.

Code:
src/qt/qtipcserver.cpp: In function ‘void ipcThread2(void*)’:
src/qt/qtipcserver.cpp:107:23: error: ‘Sleep’ was not declared in this scope
             Sleep(1000);
                       ^
make: *** [build/qtipcserver.o] Error 1

"sleep" in lower-case and everything was fine.

windows uses Sleep
ubuntu uses sleep

kinda a pain XD

ill define a sleep function so it doesnt do that in the future
Activity: 330
Merit: 252
September 27, 2016, 12:15:53 PM
Hi Griffith,
   nice that you are still working here on eccoin.

there was a small edit on the newest commits that resulted on an error compiling the eccoin source on ubuntu.

Code:
src/qt/qtipcserver.cpp: In function ‘void ipcThread2(void*)’:
src/qt/qtipcserver.cpp:107:23: error: ‘Sleep’ was not declared in this scope
             Sleep(1000);
                       ^
make: *** [build/qtipcserver.o] Error 1

"sleep" in lower-case and everything was fine.
legendary
September 23, 2016, 11:10:41 PM
Does anyone have a good list of nodes for ECC please? Unable to sync since yesterday morning, only show 1 active connection. I have tried shutting down the wallet, deleting peers.dat and eccoin.conf, and restarting the wallet but to no avail.

This should give you 18 - 20 connections if not open port 19118 on your router:

Snip

Thanks, that got me a few connections. Wallet is stuck on block 1006201 and won't get any further despite several restarts. Tried repairwallet and it passed. Anything funky about that block?

Not that I know of....Looking at the debug log and the last block in the blockchain then I think that the last update to wallet version 2.4.7.1 is giving more problems at the moment.

i think i fixed the massive resource usage, while at the same time making it stop requesting blocks after a certain number. im still tweaking it

EDIT: i have a few more tweaks i will test with the new messaging system before i just rewrite a bunch of it from scratch based on how the TCP handshake works.

EDIT EDIT: I think the last set of commits fixed it
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
September 23, 2016, 01:50:30 PM
Does anyone have a good list of nodes for ECC please? Unable to sync since yesterday morning, only show 1 active connection. I have tried shutting down the wallet, deleting peers.dat and eccoin.conf, and restarting the wallet but to no avail.

Snip

Thanks, that got me a few connections. Wallet is stuck on block 1006201 and won't get any further despite several restarts. Tried repairwallet and it passed. Anything funky about that block?

Not that I know of....Looking at the debug log and the last block in the blockchain then I think that the last update to wallet version 2.4.7.1 is giving more problems at the moment.

Edit: looks like the problems are solved....thanks Griffith  Wink  Cheesy
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
September 23, 2016, 12:42:23 PM

Snip

legendary
September 23, 2016, 11:15:45 AM

addnode=129.21.131.147
addnode=88.0.105.170
addnode=188.97.242.120
addnode=129.21.131.213
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
September 23, 2016, 10:39:20 AM
legendary
September 23, 2016, 06:13:55 AM
throwing up some new commits. feel free to test along with me if you want to compile your own wallet. when the new code is said to fix the problems i will compile actual wallets for downloads

it does look like 2.4.7.1 fixed a lot of the cpu and memory hoarding issues though. it will be an optional update

Thanks, that update resolved the problem for me. Now I can send the coins without a problem.
legendary
September 23, 2016, 01:41:26 AM
throwing up some new commits. feel free to test along with me if you want to compile your own wallet. when the new code is said to fix the problems i will compile actual wallets for downloads

it does look like 2.4.7.1 fixed a lot of the cpu and memory hoarding issues though. it will be an optional update
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
September 21, 2016, 01:26:13 PM
Hey thanks!  This seems to have worked.  Is there any easy way to verify that I'm synced up to the correct chain?

Compare your current block # with https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc
If they Match you are good.  Smiley

Cool

Hey thanks for your help and everyone else's help.  It looks like everything worked and I'm all synced up properly.  Keep up the good work!
legendary
September 21, 2016, 12:47:51 PM
Griffith, I think that there is a problem with message system from the new ECC wallet and I have been trying to send coins to another wallet and it's not going how it supposed to be. The transactions don't seems to enter the blockchain ( they don't get confirmations but get a transaction ID ) but are marked as spend. There is also an Exception:St9bad_alloc std::bad_alloc

I hope this gives you enough info so that you know where to look for the error

yeah, there is a bug in the message system. i should have a fix out this weekend. as for the transactions lemme do some tests to see if i can find your error

I noticed that the max input for sending coins is 8 numbers.

this has always been a hardcoded number in the gui only. should i extend it to 12 or something?

EDIT: I am able to send transactions just fine.

https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc/height/1006085

sent one there

i never touched anything with Tx code in the last update, so im pretty sure they shouldnt have changed at all

another one here as well

https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc/height/1006087

Yeah it's in the Gui. Max coins to send is 99999999

I am still having problems sending. Maybe it's only me but if you get more posts about it then you know where to look

Status: conflicted, has not been successfully broadcast yet
Date: 9/21/2016 20:32
To: ETLpmkyKGF4zTNUWjfy3qqj2Xb3EzXSfBi
Debit: -57634610.00 ECC
Net amount: -57634610.00 ECC
Transaction ID: 911811cd7b0e203bc76cb5dda1c167354b3a325636caea48169ad27ff03177dc
legendary
September 21, 2016, 11:37:22 AM
Griffith, I think that there is a problem with message system from the new ECC wallet and I have been trying to send coins to another wallet and it's not going how it supposed to be. The transactions don't seems to enter the blockchain ( they don't get confirmations but get a transaction ID ) but are marked as spend. There is also an Exception:St9bad_alloc std::bad_alloc

yeah, there is a bug in the message system. i should have a fix out this weekend. as for the transactions lemme do some tests to see if i can find your error

I noticed that the max input for sending coins is 8 numbers.

this has always been a hardcoded number in the gui only. should i extend it to 12 or something?

EDIT: I am able to send transactions just fine.

https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc/height/1006085

sent one there

i never touched anything with Tx code in the last update, so im pretty sure they shouldnt have changed at all

another one here as well

https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc/height/1006087
legendary
September 21, 2016, 08:16:03 AM
Griffith, I think that there is a problem with message system from the new ECC wallet and I noticed that the max input for sending coins is 8 numbers. I have been trying to send coins to another wallet and it's not going how it supposed to be. The transactions don't seems to enter the blockchain ( they don't get confirmations but get a transaction ID ) but are marked as spend. There is also an Exception:St9bad_alloc std::bad_alloc

Activity: 316
Merit: 10
September 20, 2016, 02:40:06 PM
Hi guys,
so i finally got the wallet running with more connections!
The opened ports of the firewall did the trick, so thanks for the help there!! =D

But now i got another problem..
I'm running the newest wallet version, but after a couple of minutes, the wallet crashes and an error shows up saying, that there was a problem with the visual c++ and i should contact the support.
This happened with older versions of the wallet, too. So it is not a problem of the new wallet.
But do i have to install a specific microsoft visual c++ version for the ECC wallet?

Hm...i still get that error msg with the c++.. =/

What OS are you running?
If it is windows 10 , you may have to run the wallet in Win 7 compatible mode.
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-change-windows-10-a.html

Cool

I run it on a Win 7 system. But thanks for the answer! (=
Pages:
Jump to: