Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Edge: The World's First Dedicated Edge Network - page 31. (Read 43845 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
They will send out an email

I've received the email to confirm I'm KYC verified.
The presale will start really soon (22 January)...and I've not received the email to partecipate yet!
So I think I'm definitively out the presale whitelist, right?
Activity: 3
They will send out an email
Activity: 86
Besides the email notification, how to check if I can participate in presale or crowdsale ?
In the dashboard I only see that I'm KYC verified.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Congratulations to anyone who managed to get a place in the pre-sale lottery.  I wasn't so lucky.  Guess I can still contribute to the crowdsale.  Thinking this should be a good one!
Activity: 348
Merit: 101
Nice job guys) and what about exchanges?)
Activity: 299
Merit: 10
Founder & Core Team @ Edge Network
@Anatoly339102 - sorted for you.

I have a problem with verification. One of the document is An official tax return/tax assessment (less than 1 year old). Ma date is 27 september 2017 in this document so it less than  1 year. Why you wrote in my profile expired document? You wrote LESS than 1 YEAR. I don't have another proof and any bills because i live with parents. So help me, my dadi account email is [email protected]
Soon pre ico and ico. Where is infotmation about exchanges? You promised to say about that. We don't need delta or hitbtc we need something more))
Activity: 53
After my own research I definitely have my doubts on participating in the ICO of this project. Aside from the white paper copy to SONM,  XRB has denied any joint collaboration and they don't appear to have a functional product at hand. Too many strikes for me. I won't go as far to say that this coin is a scam, however i don't think they have been truly transparent with their investors. Best of luck to those that remain and do your own research

Hi Strike3urOut. Thanks for your post. I just wanted to add that we do have functional products, and you can find them on our GitHub: https://github.com/dadi. We have a full suite of web service products which are production ready and being used in production right now.

As is to be expected, though, the DADI Cloud network is still in development, which I think is fair to say is entirely normal for projects in this space. We're working hard on the network (read more about the testnet here: https://medium.com/@daditech/introducing-the-dadi-testnet-7ae381ba8653) but this requires resources as we've said, hence the crowdsale.

I understand your position but I really hope that we can change your mind later on down the line. Fingers crossed!

Thanks again for the post.

– AKD
1. The white paper wasn't copied.
2. XRB rumour was a rumour – no one here has ever suggested a collaboration
3. Check our Github! Four years+ of commits: https://github.com/dadi

Cheesy
Activity: 54
After my own research I definitely have my doubts on participating in the ICO of this project. Aside from the white paper copy to SONM,  XRB has denied any joint collaboration and they don't appear to have a functional product at hand. Too many strikes for me. I won't go as far to say that this coin is a scam, however i don't think they have been truly transparent with their investors. Best of luck to those that remain and do your own research
The $ peg will remain that same. The exchange rate to Eth will be updated immediately ahead of the sale no the 22nd.
Yes, the price of the token will be set against current rates immediately ahead of the sale.
On 22 jan? The price will change in eths ofcourse.  But in $ it will be the same 0.4$ during preico and 0.5 at ico or you can change the rate in $ too?
Yes, the price of the token will be set against current rates immediately ahead of the sale.
Hello devs. There is big correction of rate diifferent coin on market. Will you plan to change the price of your tokens or not?
We consider our competitors to be traditional cloud businesses - we're not directly competing with anyone in the blockchain space that we're aware of. We're competing for individuals and businesses to build and deploy some or all of their digital products on our tech, which ultimately means the we are competing on a number of fronts (specific to individual web services in the stack), as well as with any legacy/embedded systems that are in use. We see the spread of services as a benefit from this point of view: this is not an all or nothing proposition; as a business you can pick and choose services to suit your requirements.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
who are the competitors of Dadi?
Hello, dev. While I was searching for usefull information about the DADI project, I have found the keen article writed by man who wants you to ask for some questions. https://cryptovest.com/reviews/dadi-ico-needs-to-answer-7-questions-before-they-get-my-money/
By the way I got registered here in order to get your opinion.
What do you say about it?

Thanks for your message buzzcry. Please see our response below.

> 1. Do they really have the tech chops to challenge the likes of Amazon & Microsoft?

Do we have the resources to replicate like for like what Amazon, Microsoft, Google, are offering today? No, of course we don’t. They have invested many millions of dollars and many years into their centralized infrastructure and I think very few - if any - organizations would have the resources to challenge this in a traditional setting.

Do we have the resources, skills and vision to disrupt the traditional market with a revolutionary new architecture – one that scales with existing hardware and doesn’t require incredible capital expenditure? We definitely believe so.

What we’re building is not intended to be a “meaty platform”, quite the opposite. We’re focusing on functional simplicity that scales. It’s a common myth that the better a system is, the more complex it must be. The more complex a system, the more problems you will have. The more complex a system is, the harder it will be to use and to maintain and to extend.

We have 12 engineers on our team (and we’re hiring more!). Between us we’ve worked for many big companies, across a diverse range of projects. Our combined experience and skillset bridges the majority of the required disciplines a project like this demands.

It’s also worth noting that we’re not pitching to VCs and we’re not planning an exit. We’re engaging with our community and embarking on this project together with them. Some of the team have worked together before, it’s true, and in fact all three of the founders have worked together before (and successfully exited their previous businesses). This is something we’re proud of: we have a great team and this is nothing to be shy about.

> 2. How come the numbers don’t add up?

In our business overview we set out that our directly addressable market – PaaS and SaaS – should exceed $100bn by 2020, and we provided a couple of scenarios to illustrate the potential for Miners through participation in the network. These are not financial projections or targets.

On the question of growth, it’s worth noting that for the past four years we have been focused on research & development, not on growing the business.

> 3. Why have they underestimated scaling?

This isn’t really right. If you assume that the only devices that will connect to and power the network are mobile, then yes, higher data rates are critical, but this is not the case. The network will be comprised of a diverse range of devices with a diverse range of connections. The concept of edge computing is to reduce the geographical as well as the topological distance between devices. The concept of Internet of Things (IoT) is a network of physical devices and embedded tech that connect and exchange data. These are two different concepts, though of course having better mobile networks will be a huge positive for everyone.

> 4. Why aren’t they showing us their crown jewels?

Simply because pricing for the network has not been locked in yet. We have examples from real-world use of the web services, which have been supplied. Pricing with existing businesses is Enterprise and custom per engagement. Pricing for the network will be released as we get nearer to launch.

> 5. Where’s the true crypto devotion?

We don’t really see how a wallet be beneficial to us at this stage. Our plans on this front focus on the provision of a bundled interface for purchasing web services. A wallet on its own contributes nothing to the ecosystem. Rather we’ve spent our time focused on the network itself, which is currently live as a testnet, and in production testing with a key customer.

> 6. Why ask for $29 million when $1 million will apparently do?

1m is enough for us to get the network live _at some point_. As covered elsewhere, to meet the breadth of ambition, depth of service, and pace of delivery in our roadmap (https://dadi.cloud/en/roadmap), we need to raise significantly more than that. The network is a big idea, and it needs the resources to match.

We’re engaging with our community and embarking on this project together with them. We believe in a decentralized and democratic internet owned & controlled by everyone, not just a select few. This is why we’re running the Crowdsale rather than pursuing traditional VC funding.

> 7. 300 years of combined networking and they can only find ONE advisor?

We obviously have the experience on the team to deliver a working testnet and the core set of web services for the platform (as both of these have been delivered Smiley ). Looking to the future, of course we don't have all of the answers in house – we will be hiring to increase capacity and to fill the gaps. We also have some good advisors around us (more on that soon), and are working with the industry to roll out a backbone to ensure network stability from the get go.

(As a side note, the advisor we have announced is not one of our suppliers, and he doesn’t have a master node.)
Activity: 1
Hello, dev. While I was searching for usefull information about the DADI project, I have found the keen article writed by man who wants you to ask for some questions. https://cryptovest.com/reviews/dadi-ico-needs-to-answer-7-questions-before-they-get-my-money/
By the way I got registered here in order to get your opinion.
What do you say about it?
Why is long pending of my verification ? I wait from 13 jan Saturday

KYC can take up to 5 days. I wouldn't worry. If you have any issues, hop on our Telegram or Discord and a member of the team will be able to assist you.

Telegram: https://t.me/dadichat
Discord: https://discord.gg/3sEvuYJ
Pages:
Jump to: