Author

Topic: ⚡[ANN]⚡ ▐░Espers [ESP]░▌▐░PoW/PoS░▌▐░HMQ1725 Algo░▌ ▐░New Features░▌ - page 434. (Read 923924 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
  How is the current staking (POS) set up.. Rewards seem pretty good? Is it a set percent or variable? Thanks
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Hi there! I don't want to make confusion between the old wallet and the new one, have they different names in roaming section?? thanks!

yes, new one have a ESP folder (old one is Espers)

perfect, I can proceed, thank you! I don't want to make naive errors!
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Hi there! I don't want to make confusion between the old wallet and the new one, have they different names in roaming section?? thanks!

yes, new one have a ESP folder (old one is Espers)
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
sent my coins from cryptopia, and still 0 confirmations after few hours now

Okay just a quick question..which wallet are you receiving the coins? The old or new esp wallet?

cryptopia is still using esp 1.
yes the esp1, i want to swap my coins on nova, but still 0 confirmations

I personally sent my ESP1 coins  from Cryptopia to Novaexchange and got confirmations within a minute. What does it says on your withdrawal history about the transactions on Cryptopia?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Okay just a quick question..which wallet are you receiving the coins? The old or new esp wallet?

yes the esp1, i want to swap my coins on nova, but still 0 confirmations
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
I have converted my Old Espers to the shiny new ESP2, and I have to say it went like a charm.

Good job for the new wallet, devs; it looks good and stakes like a charm; I am happy ESP has become a staking coin.
this staking feature really a good addition with this project it will allow us to have staking rewards while we are waiting for the real value of this coin.
Activity: 687
Merit: 501
AVANTAGE - Blockchain Loyalty System
I have converted my Old Espers to the shiny new ESP2, and I have to say it went like a charm.

Good job for the new wallet, devs; it looks good and stakes like a charm; I am happy ESP has become a staking coin.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
cryptopia have ESP2 ?
Activity: 546
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Has been in a state of suspended animation ESP1 wallet open, for computer wallet is also re run the suspended animation, unable to send ESP to novaexchange exchange ESP2.
New repair ESP1 Wallet
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Happy to report new Linux wallet built, installed and synced in record breaking time. Thanks to Novaexchange for making the swap flawless and painless. Withdrawal of Esp2 to new wallet  super fast. No nonsense at all. And Thanks to BBoBB for Linux "how to" reminders and a sane build. Now, to wait 24hrs to begin staking. And still mining oldchain Espers to swap at Novaexchange. That's right, I have two fully functioning Espers wallets running on the same box. Old school and new school, both healthy. Life is good.

THANKS ALL!

new chain deposit/verify       EbRZqUN14hm8zTHqzrW99jLD5HVcAQ2d2C
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
I meant, how fast is the typical POW miner using CPU or GPU, and how much are they mining in absolute Espers.

Compare that to how much the POS miners make just sitting with their wallets. At what point does the POS overtake POW in terms of mining? For example, if I mine 5000 ESP2 per block solo now, but my staking wallet mines 5000 ESP2 every few hours, I might be better off shutting down the POW miner.

POS would end up being more efficient. But of course, you need to have a whole bunch of ESP first.
Vin
legendary
Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015
Great guide. Will test it tormorrow with some Ubuntu machines.

Thank you.
Activity: 346
Merit: 251
Do it right or don't do it at all.
hi devs are already a linux wallet?

You can easily compile it yourself from git.

hi, as I unfortunately do not have much linux experience, there is an understandable guidance on this? will not figure the doc?

#======================
# Ubuntu:
#======================
apt-get update
apt-get -y install git

cd /opt # or any other folder you pick as the base for your source

rm -rf Espers
git clone https://github.com/CryptoCoderz/Espers.git

# 1-A) Headless Daemon:
#======================
apt-get -y install build-essential autoconf automake libtool libboost-all-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libevent-dev libdb-dev libdb++-dev

cd Espers/src
chmod +x leveldb/build_detect_platform
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
strip Espersd
cp Espersd /usr/local/bin
make -f makefile.unix clean
cd

# run it with
Espersd

# 1-B) Qt Wallet:
#================
apt-get install qt5-default qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev-tools qttools5-dev-tools build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev
qmake
make

# run it with
Espers-qt

#=====================
# 2) Future upgrades:
#=====================
cd /opt/Espers # or the other folder you picked as the base for your source
git pull

# 2-A) Headless Daemon:
#======================
cd Espers/src
chmod +x leveldb/build_detect_platform
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
strip Espersd
cp Espersd /usr/local/bin
make -f makefile.unix clean
cd

# 2-B) Qt Wallet:
#================
qmake
make
Activity: 1036
Merit: 506
Coderz of the Crypto variety
What am I doing wrong? Sad

PoS always orphans some blocks. This was explained a few pages back.

How much are people mining this with POW? The POS seems to be about less than 1% every few hours. I don't know the exact numbers.

There are currently more PoW than PoS blocks from what we can tell according to how the block explorer is displaying.
PoS is 25% of total. So the less you have the less you'll stake.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
How much are people mining this with POW? The POS seems to be about less than 1% every few hours. I don't know the exact numbers.
Activity: 504
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
hi, as I unfortunately do not have much linux experience, there is an understandable guidance on this? will not figure the doc?

It's really simple. Clone the git repo, read the file Espers/doc/readme-qt.rst. It contains the commands that you have to execute inside the Espers/ folder.

If you don't know how to use a command line, or how to use git, I suggest that you learn that, first. It is required for anything that is related to programming or compiling programs. Except when you are programming in Java lol.  Grin
Jump to: