Author

Topic: ⚡[ANN]⚡ ▐░Espers [ESP]░▌▐░PoW/PoS░▌▐░HMQ1725 Algo░▌ ▐░New Features░▌ - page 437. (Read 923924 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Hi there! I'm back and ready for the swap, a little question just to do everything fine, should I send old Espers in the ESP1 wallet on Nova? It's an obvious question I'm sorry! Thanks!

I did so and it worked so i would say yes.
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Hi there! I'm back and ready for the swap, a little question just to do everything fine, should I send old Espers in the ESP1 wallet on Nova? It's an obvious question I'm sorry! Thanks!
Activity: 51

As mining ESPER2 in CPU ?
where is the download page?
Thank you!

open all links and not found ..... I'm too blind  Grin

There are no pools yet.  If you are trying to cpu mine, you need to use ocminer's cpuminer.  Cryptocoderz has provided a link in the post above this that I will quote below.  cpuminer-opt does not have getwork support so it will not work for solomining.  

Thank you

I expect creation getwork support of the CPU for windows
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
Thank you!

The 1st post of this ANN has links Smiley
open all links and not found ..... I'm too blind  Grin
also struggling to figure out how to cpu mine on esp2

There are no pools yet.  If you are trying to cpu mine, you need to use ocminer's cpuminer.  Cryptocoderz has provided a link in the post above this that I will quote below.  cpuminer-opt does not have getwork support so it will not work for solomining.  If you have linux or mac and want to mine you have to compile the miner manually.  The source code can be found here: https://github.com/ocminer/cpuminer-hmq1725

To solomine with it (steps 2 & 3 only have to be done once:
1. you need to create and then edit your Espers.conf file to allow rpc mining:
    - On Windows it should be put in the ESP folder within APP DATA....to get to it open a file explorer and type %APPDATA%\ESP in the file explorer's url box
    - For Mac it will be in the ESP folder within the Application Support Folder.  This folder is located at /Users/username/Library/Application Support/ where username is your username
    - On linux the .ESP folder is located in the home folder.  Type cd ~/.ESP to get to that folder from within the teminal

2. Add RPC support and protection by adding the following lines into the newly created Espers.conf file:
Code:
rpcuser=whateverusernameyoudesire
rpcpassword=astrongpasswordthatyouwillremember
listen=1
server=1
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

3. Close and Reopen Espers Client (the wallet)

4. Run the cpuminer:
   -open a terminal on mac or linux and for windows open a command prompt (press ctrl+r and type cmd)
   -start the miner:
Code:
cpuminer -a quark -o http://127.0.0.1:22442 -O yourrpcusername:yourrpcpassword
(note that only this miner uses quark as the algo choice.  it is a hacked up job by ocminer to get people mining quicker when he first set up his pool for ESPv1.  All other miners use the correct hmq1725 for the algo)

4. Wait and see those sweet, sweet Espers piling up in your wallet 5,000 at at time  Smiley

Link to Windows cpuminer:

Sorry here is a direct link: >>hmq1725 CPU Multi-Miner<<
thanks for this guide mate, so after swapping my coin time now to mine  to hold some more
i believe that the value will speak to its self after all the project has been implemented good
luck.
Activity: 298
Thank you!

There are no pools yet.  If you are trying to cpu mine, you need to use ocminer's cpuminer.  Cryptocoderz has provided a link in the post above this that I will quote below.  cpuminer-opt does not have getwork support so it will not work for solomining.  If you have linux or mac and want to mine you have to compile the miner manually.  The source code can be found here: https://github.com/ocminer/cpuminer-hmq1725

To solomine with it (steps 2 & 3 only have to be done once:
1. you need to create and then edit your Espers.conf file to allow rpc mining:
    - On Windows it should be put in the ESP folder within APP DATA....to get to it open a file explorer and type %APPDATA%\ESP in the file explorer's url box
    - For Mac it will be in the ESP folder within the Application Support Folder.  This folder is located at /Users/username/Library/Application Support/ where username is your username
    - On linux the .ESP folder is located in the home folder.  Type cd ~/.ESP to get to that folder from within the teminal

2. Add RPC support and protection by adding the following lines into the newly created Espers.conf file:
Code:
rpcuser=whateverusernameyoudesire
rpcpassword=astrongpasswordthatyouwillremember
listen=1
server=1
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

3. Close and Reopen Espers Client (the wallet)

4. Run the cpuminer:
   -open a terminal on mac or linux and for windows open a command prompt (press ctrl+r and type cmd)
   -start the miner:
Code:
cpuminer -a quark -o http://127.0.0.1:22442 -O yourrpcusername:yourrpcpassword
(note that only this miner uses quark as the algo choice.  it is a hacked up job by ocminer to get people mining quicker when he first set up his pool for ESPv1.  All other miners use the correct hmq1725 for the algo)

4. Wait and see those sweet, sweet Espers piling up in your wallet 5,000 at at time  Smiley

Link to Windows cpuminer:

Activity: 1036
Merit: 506
Coderz of the Crypto variety
Activity: 4
Thank you!

No idea why people are still mining the crud out of the old one as the main nodes will have the plug pulled on Nov 11.
Eh, not apposed to them mining it though.

Simple really.ESP1 still has a pool, ESP2 doesn't yet.
So mining esp1 and swapping is the easy thing to do.

I think it will affect supply because all the esp1 pow is converted to esp2 while on the esp2 chain, there are fewer pow blocks thus more pos blocks than there should be

Perhaps a pool for esp2 should be a priority right now. Maxminers should have no problem switching if asked

Not to argue however we've noticed on the explorer that most of the blocks are seeming to be PoW blocks.

It shouldn't affect the chain though as the new one was created wtih ESP1 being mined in mind.

Edit: Emailed maxminer, thanks Wink
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
ESP1 (old chain) on Novaexchange is offline. I just sent a few million there for the coin swap.

I just checked novaexchange and the status of ESP1 there says all ok! If it says offline on the transaction, just wait a bit more and your transaction will push through, same  thing happened to me before Smiley

Ok. Working now. Got my ESP2. Just need to withdraw to new ESP2 wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

No idea why people are still mining the crud out of the old one as the main nodes will have the plug pulled on Nov 11.

Simple really.ESP1 still has a pool, ESP2 doesn't yet.
So mining esp1 and swapping is the easy thing to do.

I think it will affect supply because all the esp1 pow is converted to esp2 while on the esp2 chain, there are fewer pow blocks thus more pos blocks than there should be

Perhaps a pool for esp2 should be a priority right now. Maxminers should have no problem switching if asked
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
ESP1 (old chain) on Novaexchange is offline. I just sent a few million there for the coin swap.

I just checked novaexchange and the status of ESP1 there says all ok! If it says offline on the transaction, just wait a bit more and your transaction will push through, same  thing happened to me before Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
so why am I the only one with the wallet issue who can't send more than 80k of espers?

Don't think you are. The old chain is limited to 150 inputs. Check the coin control feature and see how much you can send in 150 input.
It's not optimal and it's one of the reasons the switch is happening.

so why am I the only one with the wallet issue who can't send more than 80k of espers?

Activity: 248
Thank you!

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Sooooo... Why haven't the big wallets been migrated to ESP2 yet? Just worries me because the ESP1 "Classic" hash and difficulty are rising and I made the switch already! lol
In all seriousness I like where things are going we have hit the first peg on the timeline.

Thanks for your hard work Development team!!!

Thank you for making the switch and for being a part of this project. Your support is very appreciated. Smiley
We have a long way to go yet but we are taking it one step at a time.

Now that I think about it, it's kinda like we have our own arbitrage set up for the next 2 months. I will probably float back and forth in mining between esp1 and esp2 whichever has the best diff. But right now ESP2 is the best with lower diff and POS on top of it!

For the moment I even stopped mining ethereum which is saying a lot because it is just money in the bank. I believe in the potential of this coin and honestly, probably a little of FOMO as well. lol
Can't wait for the future development!
Thanks again for your hard work!
Thank you!

Thank you!
@Everyone

>>>Mac wallet released!<<< (Thank you ctgiant as always Smiley )
The OP on the ANN has been updated

Full client still being wrapped up.

Block Explorer for V2 is now up at: http://espv2.miningalts.com/

Thank you very much! The OP ANN has been updated.

Getting some small amount through the coinswap, if that goes well I do all my coins.
Any Windows installable ESP2 wallet yet?
Im excited for the new wallet! I want to get my coins off Novaexchange as fast as possible..

If you use windows

New client finally available: New Espers Client!

PLEASE BE AWARE: This is not the full install client. We have a few small things to wrap up for the installer client, but in an effort to provide users with an alternative to having everything on one exchange you may use this client (compiled directly from source that is on github) to store your coins in the meantime (until tomorrow when we have enough time to finish everything).

OP ANN Updated. (for Windows, Mac and Linux coming tomorrow)

EDIT: Please understand the full installer will be released tomorrow, this is a temp client for folks to be able to pull their coins offline into their wallet.

The OP on this ANN has also been updated (the windows client is now linked to the new one)

Sooooo... Why haven't the big wallets been migrated to ESP2 yet? Just worries me because the ESP1 "Classic" hash and difficulty are rising and I made the switch already! lol
In all seriousness I like where things are going we have hit the first peg on the timeline.

Thanks for your hard work Development team!!!

Thank you for making the switch and for being a part of this project. Your support is very appreciated. Smiley
We have a long way to go yet but we are taking it one step at a time.

Staking nicely with the new ESPv2 wallet Smiley

Great job CryptoCoderz

(and reply to my PM lol)

Get into slack moar! Tongue  Okay checking PMs

Moved 122 Million to the new chain. Then into new client (Windows). No Issues..

Still mining on old chain until windows mining is released.

Windows miner from ESP will work for ESP(2). Smiley
Jump to: