Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethercoin | Redeemable 1:1 for ethers | Official Thread - page 3. (Read 60916 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
ethers are token for a network not a currency the Price was to high
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
can any1 explain to me why is the price is steadily going lower n lower, where will the new floor be?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
We would like to remind everyone that this thread is intended for high signal to noise ratio discussion and so it is moderated.

We are redeeming ETC manually for security reasons (signing offline), and are doing so in priority order from largest to smallest.  We will do our best to redeem small requests, but will not guarantee that they are processed within 24 hours, and could take a few days.

If you would like to troll about this because you requested the 0.8ETC transaction, please create another un-moderated thread for trolling.

Thank you.
Activity: 508
Merit: 500
Jahaha
So, in summary people are speculating a 10x price increase for ethereum ?

There is a demand for Ethereum, for those who slept in 2014, and the supply is limited due to the fact that most pre-sale buyers can't use terminal commands to send their coins to exchanges.  So the price is very high at the moment.  The instant a more user-friendly solution will be available for the windows users, the price will go down to about $0.30 per ether (the pre-sale value of Ether in 2014).  There are now about 30 000 ethers mined every day (5 ethers per 15 seconds), plus the 60 millions pre-sold in 2014... do the math...

In 2014, 75% of the Ether were sold to high rollers and believers. Leaving 25% of the 60 millions to small speculative "investors" who don't give shit about Ethereum.  Ether is fuel, nothing else.  It is not designed to be a currency. It only fuels contracts on the Ethereum network.  Once people get this, they will buy them only to fuel their contracts, nothing else.

If Ether is fuel, its price should not be high and volatile. Right ?

Our transactions are signed offline, then moved from an airgapped machine to be transmitted.  We will try to process redemptions under 10 ETC when we have time but make no guarantees.  

If you are trying to redeem less than 10ETC, don't expect it to be redeemed quickly.  Everything is manually processed. You are wasting your time and ours.

Double BS!

Here's some math for you:  We had 1 million ether for sale.  If everyone requested 10 ETC redemptions, we'd have to do 100,000 offline signings, which would take months.

We are not prioritizing < 10 ETH redemptions when there are other requests for hundreds and thousands of ETC pending.

Now that we've made this clear, our time and yours won't be wasted.

I am sorry - but you only have 50 redemptions to do on your website, not millions - get on with it! 

Yes, they are being handled.  We currently are closing Escrow deals that are for very large amounts; unfortunately we have to prioritize things. Soon we will be able to make things happen much faster once all the escrow transactions are out of the way.

Our transactions are signed offline, then moved from an airgapped machine to be transmitted.  We will try to process redemptions under 10 ETC when we have time but make no guarantees.  

If you are trying to redeem less than 10ETC, don't expect it to be redeemed quickly.  Everything is manually processed. You are wasting your time and ours.

Double BS!

Here's some math for you:  We had 1 million ether for sale.  If everyone requested 10 ETC redemptions, we'd have to do 100,000 offline signings, which would take months.

We are not prioritizing < 10 ETH redemptions when there are other requests for hundreds and thousands of ETC pending.

Now that we've made this clear, our time and yours won't be wasted.
Redemptions have begun.

Largest to smallest.  Takes up to 24 hours. (We process manually, and have to eat, sleep, etc)

Any redemptions under 10ETC are low priority and will be redeemed at the end of the month.

This is simply BS!  

It takes 15 seconds, at most, to send a transaction on the Ethereum network - double checking that the send and receive address are correct, taking your time to double and triple verify ...   You have 50 requests on your website at the moment - 50 x 15 seconds = at most 20 minutes to clear the backlog...

Within the terminal geth console, set the followings:
Code:
>var sender = eth.accounts[0];
>var receiver = 'ETCETHRedemptionxxxxx;
>var amount = web3.toWei("the amount to redeem", "ether")

Then,

>eth.sendTransaction({from:sender, to:receiver, value: amount})

Repeat as necessary... not that complicated...

Activity: 508
Jahaha
So, in summary people are speculating a 10x price increase for ethereum ?
Redemptions have begun.

Largest to smallest.  Takes up to 24 hours. (We process manually, and have to eat, sleep, etc)

Any redemptions under 10ETC are low priority and will be redeemed at the end of the month.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1045
Just wait for ethereum to hit the exchanges (if it ever does) and wait for it to dump, buying ethercoin at these prices is ludicrous.

Not any more ludicrous than BTC or LTC prices. I love the ETH roadmap, the plan, and the ease of use of the platform.
(e.g. trying to do a smart contract in Bitcoin is a freaking pain in da butt)

Love this visual tool by the way (check out the examples): http://etherscripter.com/

Say what you will but ETH is a game changer. The only issue I have with it is the gas cost and scalability. But reading the blog articles it sounds like they'll solve all of that much quicker than Bitcoin can decide, should they increase the block size or not.

It's ludicrous because there is no way in hell ethereum is going to trade at a stable 10x+ ipo price when it hits exchanges. This shit is going to be fudded hard, and it will dump hard. 10x ipo price is something far down the line, not now for Christ sake.

What was IPO price?

IPO price was around 1300-2000 for 1 BTC (BTC: $500) so $0,3 or 0,001 BTC now its 0,01. 10x pricefolding (!)

However, buy now sell later is the best for now. Enough N00bs outthere :-)
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
Just wait for ethereum to hit the exchanges (if it ever does) and wait for it to dump, buying ethercoin at these prices is ludicrous.

Not any more ludicrous than BTC or LTC prices. I love the ETH roadmap, the plan, and the ease of use of the platform.

Love this visual tool by the way (check out the examples): http://etherscripter.com/

Say what you will but ETH is a game changer. The only issue I have with it is the gas cost and scalability. But reading the blog articles it sounds like they'll solve all of that much quicker than Bitcoin can decide, should they increase the block size or not.

It's ludicrous because there is no way in hell ethereum is going to trade at a stable 10x+ ipo price when it hits exchanges. This shit is going to be fudded hard, and it will dump hard. 10x ipo price is something far down the line, not now for Christ sake.

What was IPO price?
Activity: 672
I would never go 50% in ETC ....LOL.

GMC actually has a use case right now.

BCN is also a good buy.

ETC lmao....we will see where this price settles then maybe ill get some of this stuff. BTS is looking much better for my $.
Activity: 513

U MAD U DIDN'T BUY BRO? Smiley Right... Well it will be very erratic, I agree. But when it settles it will be way above the original price.

The problem with your statement is that Ethereum is a game changer and smart money will absorb any drops. If I was a BTC whale right now, I'd go 50% in ETH, no question about it.

Most of these DApps here will get funded with ETH, which will be locked in a smart contract, which will generate even more demand:

http://dapps.ethercasts.com/
So any ETC bought at Bittrex will be redeemable 1:1 to Ethercoin or Ethereum or whatever its called?

ETC= Ethercoin

And yes all ETC is redeemable for Ethereum.  Just go on the website and make a redemption request.  It will be filled when the Ethereum gas limit is raised.
Hey sorry to bother you again but I'm looking on thee Ethereum webpage and I can't see anywhere where I would make a redemption request? Where exactly on the website would I look to make this request? Cheers

Go to ethercoin.cc

Scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a form where you put in your Ethereum address.
legendary
Activity: 1414

Activity: 658
Hey sorry to bother you again but I'm looking on thee Ethereum webpage and I can't see anywhere where I would make a redemption request? Where exactly on the website would I look to make this request? Cheers

remember, Ethercoin is NOT the same as Ethereum.  so you're looking in the wrong place.
Activity: 513

legendary
Activity: 1414
So any ETC bought at Bittrex will be redeemable 1:1 to Ethercoin or Ethereum or whatever its called?

ETC= Ethercoin

And yes all ETC is redeemable for Ethereum.  Just go on the website and make a redemption request.  It will be filled when the Ethereum gas limit is raised.

Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

ETC= Ethercoin

Pages:
Jump to: