Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethercoin | Redeemable 1:1 for ethers | Official Thread - page 4. (Read 60916 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
So any ETC bought at Bittrex will be redeemable 1:1 to Ethercoin or Ethereum or whatever its called?

ETC= Ethercoin

And yes all ETC is redeemable for Ethereum.  Just go on the website and make a redemption request.  It will be filled when the Ethereum gas limit is raised.
Update:

The redemption request form has been posted.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
So any ETC bought at Bittrex will be redeemable 1:1 to Ethercoin or Ethereum or whatever its called?
Just a quick update:

Due to the low gas limit, it won't be possible to make any transfers on the Ethereum network for the next few days.  '

We were considering delaying launch of the redemption page until then, but have decided to put it up ahead of time and allow people to put in their redemption requests early, so you can expect to see it live on our website within the next few hours.

Please note that it is your responsibility to generate your own Ethereum address.  Please check the Ethereum website for instructions
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
ethercoin has a much higher Price then ethers does ethers have any value
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
This is some joke, right? who would be both stupid enough to trust the ethercoin dev to actually make this swap and pay 10x+ ipo price? are there really people here that stupid or is this just a bunch of fake volume?
Activity: 84
An announcement regarding the redemption process will be made shortly.

Did you mean today? The info from the ethercoin website seems to have have disappeared.

i think same of you
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
So I'm guessing Ethercoin.cc sold out of coin to sale?  Huh

Actually lots of ethercoin is still for sale at bittrex.  Bittrex is the only exchange that i know of that is pre-selling their ether. They're using  tokens, i.e., ethercoins, that they are saying will be redeemable one-one for ether. Link to proof of reserves is posted near the beginning of this thread.

Activity: 60
So I'm guessing Ethercoin.cc sold out of coin to sale?  Huh

Also when ethereum goes live will ether be available on the exchanges?

Did you mean today? The info from the ethercoin website seems to have have disappeared.

Yes. The redemption page will be posted within 24 hours.  You will be able to input a request to redeem your ETC for ETher.
Activity: 353
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I am using the Ethercoin wallet - Qt for windows

Still unable to unstake some coins

Under menu: Options/Main  I have set Reserve to 99999999 which should unstake all my coins
but this had not had the desired effect.

Any other advice?

Try looking for ethercoin.conf in your appdata directory. In there, set this: staking=0 then save it. Hope this helps.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I am using the Ethercoin wallet - Qt for windows

Still unable to unstake some coins

Under menu: Options/Main  I have set Reserve to 99999999 which should unstake all my coins
but this had not had the desired effect.

Any other advice?

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Open command prompt, then cd (or change directory) to your wallet's app location (.exe).

Example: If ethercoin-qt.exe is on Desktop, you would write cd C:\Users\Your Username Here\Desktop

After that, write this command in your cmd or command prompt:

ethercoin-qt -reservebalance=9999999

Try it and see if it works  Grin
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I have some ETC in a wallet and have staked some of it to earn fees.
The part which is staked is unspendable whilst it is staked.

Can someone advise me how to unstake the ETC so that I can redeem it for Ether?

I am sure there is an option menu somewhere but I cannot find it

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1848
I missed out on the sale so this is handy, might see and pick up a couple but then once ETH is released I would imagine there would be a lot of dumping going on so maybe the price of ETC right now is a bit high but then that depends on the price of ETH hmmm what to do.
Activity: 513
warning

Ethereum will be huge dumped after launch. many investors are looking for return on investment and that is why they will be dumped it.  Cool

keep your Bitcoin carefully

Honestly? Let them. That way smart folks can get more.

ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.

Obligatory disclaimer: I'm not a financial advisor, this is just my opinion. Consult a real one before making a decision.
legendary
Activity: 994
warning

Ethereum will be huge dumped after launch. many investors are looking for return on investment and that is why they will be dumped it.  Cool

keep your Bitcoin carefully
Activity: 812
I really don't get it how I can redeem .. it's so little information about this project. It makes no sense .... anyway hopefully I will see more extra info.
Pages:
Jump to: