Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts - page 328. (Read 821107 times)

copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
still getting more supports after the big dumped i thought it will be the last of my investment but seeing it moving by now i'm still holding my coin to reach back 500k still have a big reason to hold and community still showing interest day by day. good luck dev hope that reaching .01 will still achievable for this project. keep it up

There are way more people backing etc with way more money and experience than the eth morons even realize my friend, this is about the principle of the blockchain not price. Veterans of crypto take this very seriously. Eth is done, it's gonna take a minute but just watch the bitch slap they get for acting like they determine what's ok and what's not related to the blockchain.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
still getting more supports after the big dumped i thought it will be the last of my investment but seeing it moving by now i'm still holding my coin to reach back 500k still have a big reason to hold and community still showing interest day by day. good luck dev hope that reaching .01 will still achievable for this project. keep it up
copper member
OK here is a clear story of the white hackers and how they were caught red handed and now some of the funds they held are frozen in an exchange. http://themerkle.com/white-hat-hackers-caught-red-handed-during-attempted-etc-sell-off/

They intended to sell all the ETC for ETH to use for development of the forked chain. It is allegedly a move orchestrated by the Ethereum foundation. Can someone who has an idea of the whole story tell us how the white hat hackers have a connection to the Ethereum foundation?

There is a post here but it is very confusing. Please make it clear for everyone to read well.

The hackers are member of the ethereum foundation dev team.  The issue has been dissected in detail here as far back as page 147

Then WOW! They are nothing but profit seeking scam artists. This is making me think what if Ethereum was one big scam of dreams and fantasies in the first place? I am now having my doubts about both ETH and ETC. If the members of the foundation are really scam artists then the platform is nothing but one big money maker for them and they do not care if it works as promised or not.

Bingo. We have a winner
copper member
If etc is to have a remaining % of PoW (which is the current consensus), miners need to be represented or they will not run the new code and you will have a LiteClassic as well as a Classic Ethereum.  Remember, the only reason you have a classic is because they didn't get all the miners on side.  Wink

This shouldn't even be a debate at this point, when they go pos we want the miners, at least for awhile. No downside and huge upside.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry
If etc is to have a remaining % of PoW (which is the current consensus), miners need to be represented or they will not run the new code and you will have a LiteClassic as well as a Classic Ethereum.  Remember, the only reason you have a classic is because they didn't get all the miners on side.  Wink
copper member
So all DAO token holders get their share in ETC back from the white hats?

I think that's right...but this is still such a confused, chaotic mess I'm not absolutely sure...

Yes I think they realized they would steal from eth folks not etc

If they return etc the eth white hat/devs/foundation get to keep the eth. They rolled it back promising to return funds from DAO. Then realized, because etc was born, they could return etc instead and keep the eth for themselves  (worth more atm) eth people are dumb, never even entered their blind ass thought process. If I were dumb enough to be in the dao I would demand payment in eth, but their too busy defending these scamming fucks lol!  This is all the same old crypto scam, eventually enough evidence presented to the eth supporters will get them to see what's really going on. Once eth loses all support they're fucked, and at this rate it's not too far off. So just make your point and walk away, I call it dropping the grenade and rolling out.its all right out there in the open, you just have to point it out pay attention and refuse the Buterin haircut at all costs.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Just open my computer and I read this

ETC/DAO stolen coins frozen by exchanges was sent by Ethereum Foundation Developers.

http://cointimes.tech/2016/08/12/etcdao-stolen-coins-frozen-by-exchanges-was-sent-by-ethereum-foundation-developers/
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Sure but they are stakeholders.

I don't think you are following this or at least not understanding things above.

@greenuser - you said:
"@usukan  are you happy about giving the hackers and eth dev team a large say in the vote then?"

@greenuser - you must realise that you are doing an ETH on me now

This is not how ETC works

So - you say they are stakeholders? Are you somehow suggesting that certain stakeholders be excluded or blocked by a voting system in ETC - get out of here.....

You are quite clearly confused about ETC values IMO
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
OK here is a clear story of the white hackers and how they were caught red handed and now some of the funds they held are frozen in an exchange. http://themerkle.com/white-hat-hackers-caught-red-handed-during-attempted-etc-sell-off/

They intended to sell all the ETC for ETH to use for development of the forked chain. It is allegedly a move orchestrated by the Ethereum foundation. Can someone who has an idea of the whole story tell us how the white hat hackers have a connection to the Ethereum foundation?

There is a post here but it is very confusing. Please make it clear for everyone to read well.

The hackers are member of the ethereum foundation dev team.  The issue has been dissected in detail here as far back as page 147

Then WOW! They are nothing but profit seeking scam artists. This is making me think what if Ethereum was one big scam of dreams and fantasies in the first place? I am now having my doubts about both ETH and ETC. If the members of the foundation are really scam artists then the platform is nothing but one big money maker for them and they do not care if it works as promised or not.
copper member
@usukan  are you happy about giving the hackers and eth dev team a large say in the vote then?

I am beginning to think that the white hat hacking group is also a part of the black hat hacking group.

Maybe they're all the same people...

The same group or not all of them want to make money out of Ethereum.

I fear for the eth crowd, they have a dev team that care more about money than the tech.  I emailed [email protected] from my personal email address and told him he had been implicated in theft. Still no answer.  Scum!

Hackers or not, crooks the lot of them.  They want to sue me,  bring it on!   It would be nice to get out more.

Why was the ethereum foundation liquidated?  Did we find out?

They were spending the premine like crazy without any transparency. Now, it's spent mostly and they liquidate the company responsible for these expenses. No business, no questions. It was all about their personal profits anyway. That's why they saved their own asses in such a bad way after the DAO hack.

Sound familiar? Block tech maybe? XC and many more. Same rules apply people, premine coins nope, foundation's, boards, whatever you want to call it nope. Rollback the chain? Well..that's just funny at this point.
copper member
I am beginning to think that the white hat hacking group is also a part of the black hat hacking group.

Maybe, Christ they admitted it then tried to minimize their involvement. To think they aren't directly involved is very naive.  These aren't crypto folks, they're politicians. Think accordingly.
Activity: 591
Merit: 501
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow
@usukan  are you happy about giving the hackers and eth dev team a large say in the vote then?

I fear for the eth crowd, they have a dev team that care more about money than the tech.  I emailed [email protected] from my personal email address and told him he had been implicated in theft. Still no answer.  Scum!

Hackers or not, crooks the lot of them.  They want to sue me,  bring it on!   It would be nice to get out more.

They were spending the premine like crazy without any transparency. Now, it's spent mostly and they liquidate the company responsible for these expenses. No business, no questions. It was all about their personal profits anyway. That's why they saved their own asses in such a bad way after the DAO hack.
Sure but they are stakeholders.
legendary
"@usukan  are you happy about giving the hackers and eth dev team a large say in the vote then?"

@greenuser - you must realise that you are doing an ETH on me now

This is not how ETC works

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460

legendary
Hi, I am Maciej, I am new user of WYKOP PL and I have a question about security of ETC wallet copy:

1. Is it enough to secure a copy of the UTC file from the "keystore" directory and private key?

2. How in ETC wallet can you import the private key If I have one, and at the same time don't have the UTC file? If it is possible then I would like to ask for instructions how to import such a key, preferably offline.

3. If a hacker steals my UTC file, would it be easy to descrypt such file and steal my ETC? And my final question, Do you think the ETC rate has a chance to beat the current ETH rate?

Hello Burgon, nice to have you on side.  I do not know the answer to your question.  Whenever i have moved a wallet to a different machine i have moved the whole Keystore file.  When i backup, i copy the whole keystore file.  Someone wil be along that may be able to answer.  Keep an eye out here and don't be afraid to repost your issue.

@usukan we have many things to vote on.  Fork to a new algo.. PoS/PoW , agreement on the social contract, that sort of thing.  Remember, if we vote on stake, we will be giving hackers and eth devs a large vote..

voting clearly needs to be weighted by holding - the main holders of ETC will not go with any crap that each one wallet (and thousands of 1 ETC wallets on GETH) holding miniscule ETC should have equal say in anything ETC related compared to someone holding 1,000's of ETC in ONE WALLET.  Its not representative of the community what you seem to be suggesting? The owners of ETC need to be represented by the investment and risk they are taking in this venture and the long term future of ETC.

I'm a miner but not sure what you do to take this interest into account?  Like me - most miners go where the money is. Few miners can afford to consider the long term and as such I don't feel that miners votes would be truly representative of long term interests and support for ETC. The miner votes would generally support continued mining - but it takes investors in the end to maintain price and if they vacate the scene because they are not represented - price falls and miners leave.

As for using GETH - its a 3 legged dog. MIST and Etherwallet are based on GETH and too cumbersome IMO. Parity --geth mode and MyEtherWallet.com are the better options by far (MEW especially) - so I will NEVER use GETH even for an important vote.

You need to understand that there are VERY major holders in ETC (pity no rich list - it would blow you away).

carbonvote - developed by the Chinese ETH community was actually a very fair voting system.  Its open source.  Suggest you have a look.
https://github.com/consenlabs/carbonvote

Thats all that I will accept unless someone comes up with a better method of weighting to account for "skin in the game".

For the record again - I favour POS for ETC before the diff bomb cuts in.

As @iCEBREAKER seems to - and he makes sense:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15836594)

So if there is any voting I will be holding out for it to be weighted for holding (and most ETC owners of any substance will demand this - you can expect that something like 5% of holders own 70% of ETC) and I will be voting for POS (this may be more contentious) but I believe its best for the long term for ETC.
Jump to: