Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts - page 394. (Read 821107 times)

copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
Anyone else see the humor in the 51% attack lol!? How appropriate is it that eth wants to 51% attack so they can alter transactions? They may as well have VB and company kick some puppies and catapult some babies at pumpertits hahaa
Activity: 183
Merit: 108
Cease and Desist

To Bitpop and all other creators/retainers of Ethereum Classic.

You may not be aware of this, but "Ethereum" is a registered trademark, your reckless use of the Ethereum brand has caused substantial losses to our shareholders (in the millions of dollars), in which you can be held responsible.

This is a 0-day notice to immediately change, or remove, in every place possible, your description of Ethereum Classic that does not have any name or mark confusingly similar.

We are choosing not to reveal our identity and give you an opportunity to comply. You are hereby notified that if you do not comply with this request, we will immediately file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the Attorney General's office in your state. Civil and criminal claims will be pursued.

LMFAO
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Cease and Desist

You may not be aware of this, but "Ethereum" is a registered trademark, your reckless use of the Ethereum brand has caused substantial losses to our shareholders (in the millions of dollars), in which you can be held responsible.

This is a 0-day notice to immediately change, or remove, in every place possible, your description of Ethereum Classic that does not have any name or mark confusingly similar.

We are choosing not to reveal our identity and give you an opportunity to comply. You are hereby notified that if you do not comply with this request, we will immediately file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the Attorney General's office in your state. Civil and criminal claims will be pursued.

Square up.

Yes very nice that ethereum (ETC) have trade marks. ETH is only 1 week old HuhHuh
All the trade marks copyright is for ETC. Ethereum foundation
Activity: 517
Merit: 257
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Cease and Desist

Square up.
Ha..ha..ha  Nice try...Hampton and Tanya (Bible Pimp and girlfriend) or ShareholdersUnited or what ever you are called.   

I think ETH should change their logo as I am running the true original chain on my node right here represented by that there logo.
I will point my hashpower where i please. And at the tender age of 50 years, i will not be dictated to by some spotty kid who is not even old enough to shave yet.  VB made the code open source and I  still use that code today.

If i have a party and i serve Coca Cola free to my friends, i do not have to cover or remove the logo?
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
Cease and Desist

Forking comedy gold Grin
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
Cease and Desist

Really folks, I was so bored because there is not one good show I don't already know (should say that I'm german) in the TV the last time. But since the DAO it's about drained out Mothers and their children and about the fight between black- and whitehats, about splitting vitaliks baby into twins and one will die and the other will suffer just longer.

And the newest episode is called "cease and desist". Really love it!

Several episodes per day and a whole season in two days - how it should be!

I would pay for it if needed!  Cheesy

P.S.: The last Crypto-show I really enjoyed was "Craig Wright is Satoshi!".

But it was too short. Tthat's why I like the Game of clones more.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Cheese And Desist ?

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
I am not used to the formatting here and English is not my first language, it has been corrected. You guys respond very fast. I hope you understand the message just as quickly.

And I hope you understand how to fuck off.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Cease and Desist

Oh shit that sounds serious!! EXCUSE ME SIR...I'M GOING TO HAVE TO ASK YOU TO ROLL THAT BACK!

Oh damn, I wonder if they trademarked roll that back too? I'm out of here, sell sell sell!!
Activity: 2
I am not used to the formatting here and English is not my first language, it has been corrected. You guys respond very fast. I hope you understand the message just as quickly.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504

Dear Anonymous Cease and Decist Litigator,

Cease and Decist is actually spelled Cease and Desist.

Yours sincerely,

Alfred J Hunkerschnickel.
CEO United Spelling Associates Inc.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Cease and Decist

You may not be aware of this, but "Ethereum" is a registered trademark, your reckless use of the Ethereum brand has caused substantial losses to our shareholders (in the millions of dollars), in which you can be held respnsible.

I'm sure bitpop is shaking in his boots. He hasn't seen a poorly spelled C&D since... maybe Garza? Also good job posting it publicly from a noob account.

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1000
Cease and Decist

Nice FUD  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
Cease and Decist

You may not be aware of this, but "Ethereum" is a registered trademark, your reckless use of the Ethereum brand has caused substantial losses to our shareholders (in the millions of dollars), in which you can be held respnsible.

hahaha u made my day! brand new Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy i need some popcorn....brb
Activity: 2
Cease and Desist

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
I still feel some ETC regret. I was watching the price a week ago when it was ~$0.50. I figured I enjoy mining more than trading so I would just rent some hashpower instead of buying 3-5 BTC worth outright. Woke up in the morning and it was over $2. Mistakes were made...

Roll it back?

I think that is called "hard fork" humor... Mistakes made... LOL

Btw, a heads up.

A lot of these lines has been turning up lately on the ETC node.

I0801 17:50:19.701852 eth/handler.go:295] Peer 41576ae2e63257dc [eth/63]: timed
out DAO fork-check, dropping
I0801 17:50:20.202881 eth/handler.go:295] Peer c975b0158f56a4ac [eth/63]: timed
I0801 17:50:25.720196 eth/handler.go:295] Peer e3c4b86ae13fa6b6 [eth/63]: timed
I0801 17:50:33.096618 eth/handler.go:295] Peer fd3af7c243f1b0e7 [eth/63]: timed
I0801 17:50:46.264371 eth/handler.go:295] Peer b61123cc535d6bac [eth/63]: timed

and what does it mean ?

Seems to me like there is nodes on the wrong network.
Hard to say if its accidental or someone trying something.

The nodes are dropping them, for now.

Don't worry, the new geth does that.  It's checking that you have the right fork.
When you first run geth it will say somthing like "this geth is set to appose fork" depending on how you set up your .bat file

Just check the 7 digit number after the # is correct with the Non-fork Block Number here  http://fork.ethstats.net/

somthing like this #1990473

Mine checks for the new fork then drops it every 100 seconds or so because i choose not to fork
Jump to: