Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts - page 409. (Read 821107 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry
Its not over yet,
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/8679/51-attack-pool-against-etc/p3

This is not an independant forum in that it is paid for by the ethereum foundation.
Both dlehenky and work are very compitant, more so than the dev team, we need to take this seriously as it is intent to attack another coin.  What are the legal ramifications?

Anyway it looks like i can post again. They were held for moderation and then put up on the board 12 hours after i posted.
I think the crypto press are gonna have a field day here.

I want to make it clear, I condemn crypto coins attacking each other, i belive.... let the markets decide.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
"Coinbase CEO Admits There Could Be Bugs in Ethereum Hard fork, Celebrates Combined Value of ETH and ETC"
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/coinbase-eth-etc/
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
ETHF((ucked))

Yes and now they want POS for stepping out of this shit. More low volume is on the way (after POS), buy time for developement
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
ETHF((ucked))
Activity: 224
I believe that ETC has already won. We waiting only for the right price.

What? Most exchanges will not accept it, if they learn about the risks. Most likely scenario: eventually the inconsistency will be resolved by voiding all ETC's.

Why will they won't accept ETC ? And besides ? What's the difference of ETH and ETC ? They're Identical right ? I was confused about the two coin. Hahaha Cheesy Anyways, Im not fan of ETH or ETC coin so I do not have enough knowledge to these coins. Just sneaking around :p Lol.
Activity: 81

What? Most exchanges will not accept it, if they learn about the risks. Most likely scenario: eventually the inconsistency will be resolved by voiding all ETC's.
Activity: 150
Why should ETC tokens have value at all? The tokens depend on non-consensus of ETH and them moving over. Otherwise the snapshotted state has no meaning. The occurring fungibility problems are a huge red flag. Listing ETC is bad for the exchanges who have to deal with this. This really shows the issues with hard-forks.

ETC is ethereum pre-hardFork, so why not keep it and change ticker/name to the other ethereum hardfork to something like ETHF or ETF ?

ETH miners have been upgrading software given them from ETH team from the beginning - why should this upgrade by different? The issue is you can't get rid of the dev team like this. If you have a new team, you have a new coin (team roughly corresponds to commit rights).

Little doubt in my mind ETC holders will loose out from this valuation. Most holding ETC, previous ETH holders, don't use /accept them. ETC has no development team. As an exchange listing ETC means taking on huge risks, as we have seen.

It seems hard-forks are not well understood, in particular in relation to source code publishing. I guess we will see what happens? As a merchant and exchange I think there are a lot of risks associated with ETC (and ETH I guess).

on long run ETH lost the credit liability, goodwill because the hate. The ETH investors don't like this. This is total damage  for the ethereum foundation.

for ETH is better to setup a holding company ETC / ETH
Why should ETC tokens have value at all? The tokens depend on non-consensus of ETH and them moving over. Otherwise the snapshotted state has no meaning. The occurring fungibility problems are a huge red flag. Listing ETC is bad for the exchanges who have to deal with this. This really shows the issues with hard-forks.

ETC is ethereum pre-hardFork, so why not keep it and change ticker/name to the other ethereum hardfork to something like ETHF or ETF ?

ETH miners have been upgrading software given them from ETH team from the beginning - why should this upgrade by different? The issue is you can't get rid of the dev team like this. If you have a new team, you have a new coin (team roughly corresponds to commit rights).

Little doubt in my mind ETC holders will loose out from this valuation. Most holding ETC, previous ETH holders, don't use /accept them. ETC has no development team. As an exchange listing ETC means taking on huge risks, as we have seen.

It seems hard-forks are not well understood, in particular in relation to source code publishing. I guess we will see what happens? As a merchant and exchange I think there are a lot of risks associated with ETC (and ETH I guess).
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Blah blah blah..sell all your shit, here's an article from some guy in his mom's basement. 
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105
IM OUT FROM THIS SHITTTTT Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
"Has anyone put together a pool like this yet? we wouldn't have to run it for long. Once we did it, it would ruin the credibility of their coin"

"Just one day of 51% attack blocking their transactions and the coin would lose all credibility and people would sell as soon as they could. making the coin disappear for good."

Talking about ruining others integrity while broadcasting the fact that they have none. My god, Einstein is on his way out of the history books, the real geniuses have arrived
Activity: 84
Nice project, good luck
copper member
I'm really surprised nobody has made a satire/tribute coin dedicated to all the foundation's out there protecting all of crypto in the name of forking out all bad trades or other issues that occur where the foundation loses any amount of money gained by selling their premine to their discipes of the all new tamper "resistant" world supercomputer and the pumpertits parrot foundation

copper member
What I find scary about this is how many exchanges that either don't understand forks or blockchain in general, or that these exchanges don't perform internal code review of forks.

If there is a hardfork of ANY coin it is the exchanges duty to ensure for the sake of their customers that the funds will remain safe post fork.

Now, a 5min review of the ETH developers attempted hardfork would have shown the replay issue as the failed to sever the network correctly.

Now we know what exchanges don't do code reviews, and its the ones that lost customer funds due to ETH developers not forking their excel-spreadsheet correctly

One other issue is people calling this a hardfork, its not a hardforh, if we can replay transactions its a failed hardfork, it can now be confirmed this is just a straight network fork, plain and simple

Oh dude, come on let's put all of our money on these incompetent thieving exchanges lol! Goddamn they must have the same pr team as the world supercomputers foundation. That's it selling all of my etc and putting my bitcoin only on exchanges that couldn't seem to get their customers their etc, right after I panic sell everything I own...some parrottips dude claims the sky is falling so just throw away your morals, let's hand it all over to the foundation everybody, the foundation obviously knows what's best. These stellar superdelegates...shiiit...they make Satoshi Nakamoto look like droopy dog
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Is there a dev team behind Ethereum Classic? If yes who are they?
I've heard C. Hoskinson is part of it, is that true?

https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/4u4o61/call_for_action_what_can_i_do_to_help_ethereum/
copper member
god damn, no direction in the COT DAMN thread.  WHO IS CALLING THE SHOTS HERE?!!?!?!?!?!?  You dummies need to speak up if you want ETC to shine.  

Yeah guys, who's in charge here? hahahaha!!! Where is your blockchain superdelegate? Now goddamnit I'm calling the blockchain police,  a cryptocurrency can't operate without a foundation ya heard?
Activity: 732
Merit: 500
Is there a dev team behind Ethereum Classic? If yes who are they?
I've heard C. Hoskinson is part of it, is that true?

There is nothing official I think!
copper member
I managed to PM the instigator seanz123

message reads

"The world is watching
https://news.bitcoin.com/ethereum-attack-classic/"

I tried to put it on his/her wall but mods stoped the post.

I must say, our new logo makes theirs look a bit tacky.

Hey now goddamnit they didn't premine enough for a good logo lol!
Jump to: