Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts - page 410. (Read 821107 times)

copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
We need to sort the diff bomb asap

Anyhow....

Have you read this.  ETH plan to 51% attack ETC

https://news.bitcoin.com/ethereum-attack-classic/

I went to.... https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/8679/51-attack-pool-against-etc/p1

where the attack is being planned, as i am a member but my posting is being held back by moderators.

Yeah that's a great idea, tamper with the blockchain then follow up with attacking other people so they lose money. Just shows how oblivious and arrogant the foundation that controls the world supercomputer are. I really could care less what they do, ive made plenty on eth and etc. Most of the eth people are clueless as to how a blockchain works, why you don't fuck with it, or what a replay attack is so their opinion means zero. They want to protect their investment lol! Nevermind the huge premine controlled by their masters,  most of them don't know what a premine is. Etc has already done it's job, now we kick back and watch the foundation try and bully their way back to integrity lol!
Activity: 675
Merit: 254
So far so good
Is there a dev team behind Ethereum Classic? If yes who are they?
I've heard C. Hoskinson is part of it, is that true?
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Pump coming guys!

keep ur eyes on!

=D
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
etc block explorer link?....cmon guys $100mill+coin...wheres the link?

Man , if you don't like the coin, get out of here. You're so toxic. Ty

Go make money with u eth.
dude its a simple ? that every single coin has...so why not etc? if you cant get a block explorer how do you guys expect to move forwards?
im asking because i got etc.

They are in the OP:

http://gastracker.io/
https://minergate.com/blockchain/etc/blocks

cheers m8
Activity: 355
Merit: 250

dude its a simple ? that every single coin has...so why not etc? if you cant get a block explorer how do you guys expect to move forwards?

They are in the OP:

https://minergate.com/blockchain/etc/blocks
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

It's in the OP. But since I know you have reading comprehension issues I'll be kind to you:

Activity: 355
What I find scary about this is how many exchanges that either don't understand forks or blockchain in general, or that these exchanges don't perform internal code review of forks.

If there is a hardfork of ANY coin it is the exchanges duty to ensure for the sake of their customers that the funds will remain safe post fork.

Now, a 5min review of the ETH developers attempted hardfork would have shown the replay issue as the failed to sever the network correctly.

Now we know what exchanges don't do code reviews, and its the ones that lost customer funds due to ETH developers not forking their excel-spreadsheet correctly

One other issue is people calling this a hardfork, its not a hardforh, if we can replay transactions its a failed hardfork, it can now be confirmed this is just a straight network fork, plain and simple
Activity: 386
Ξpool - Updates

The following changes have been implemented to resolve disconnect issues for our Europe stratum miners.

The addition of a secondary stratum uk2.epool.io
    Additional cores and memory added to stratum instances to handle better load
    Code updates to increased stratum connection limits
    New 8 core 16GB primary geth node for better response and faster farm rechecks along with less orphans due to stalled geth instance.
    Addition of Tri-node backend failover for Europe

We are sorry any disconnects you may have experienced due to high load on our uk1 stratum.

Thanks,

http://www.epool.io
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
if it takes a fork to get you guys to buy ethereum in any form...im happy for y'all Tongue

Forking Vitalik and his centralized entourage off ETH is *exactly* what I needed to see in order to invest in the project.

Thank you so much for creating the BETH bug-zapper branch, which will now contain all the hubris, moral hazard, and mutability in a toxic waste dump that keeps ETC safe from such nauseating subjectivity.

And here's BTC big wig Wlad van der Laan to back me up:

https://twitter.com/orionwl/status/756767464919330816

The moral hazard here is that the hardfork 'undid' a user error, not fixed a script/system-level issue

https://twitter.com/orionwl/status/756772789835722752

2008-ish moral hazard, too big too fail, so bending the higher-level rules instead

https://twitter.com/orionwl/status/756773583507034112

from now on Vitalik and al have the responsibility to decide on rule exceptions,case by case

That good-looking fellow you see on the water skis, approaching the ramp, with a shark lurking in the water beyond?

His name is Emin Gün Sirer.  He was a respected name in crypto until he went all-in on the DAO bailout, forcing WVDL and fluffy to cut him a new asshole.  Oh well.  Peter Principle FTW.   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
i like this, finally something where peopel can really trade not get forks on bad investments
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
livecoin

ETHEREUM CLASSIC NEWS
Created 30.07.2016 00:38
Dear clients, when the Ethereum Classic (hereinafter ETC) appeared on the market, we announced that we were going to add it with ETC deposit to our customers’ accounts. But when we started working on integration, we encountered an unpleasant surprise. Because of the ETC architecture particularities and its direct relation with the genuine Ethereum (ETH), the transactions between these two coins are connected in one way or another. This relation is neither expected nor common practice in cryptocurrency.

When we adjusted the ETC in test mode, we found that we had no funds in ETC, since the transactions in ETH and ETC are associated and funds had been withdrawn by our clients in the process of normal deposit-withdrawn of ETH, we assume that it was sent to Poloniex, because at that time, trading on ETC occured only there.

Going forward we examined the situation in detail and came to the conclusion that either the ETC developers or Poloniex had to take over at least a minimum function of notifying all the other exchanges trading ETH to protect their ETC funds from loss. The quantity of such exchanges is not so high, no more than 15. We believe that to send 15 warning letters was quite capable. We have not received any notification concerning protection of funds in the ETC from anyone. We do not believe it is a fair way of doing business from the side of the ETC developers, and from the exchange, which was first to put in the ETC trades.

At the moment we may add trading pairs with ETC, but we do not see any sense in this as all the ETC funds are already withdrawn by our clients who have been aware of this network features. In addition, according to our opinion, due to the relation of blockchains with ETC and ETH there is a risk of fraudulent manipulations, and we are not willing to risk our clients’ accounts.

The ETH civil war certainly has clarified which exchanges are run by professionals who understand crypto, and which are run by clueless amateurs.

Why is Polo the only competent exchange?

Why are the incompetent exchanges claiming ETC (the original, bailout-free ETH chain) is not worth trading?  Are they blind to the massive volume on Polo?

If ETC are worthless, why did somone bother to take advantage of supremely incompetent exchanges like Coinbase and Livecoin in order to acquire them?

The replay attack was thoroughly discussed in the Bitcoin Grand Schism threads; we called it the GavinCoin Short back then.  How could a freaking exchange OP, of all people, not be be aware of that primary concern for any contentious hard fork?

Holdout exchanges must promptly deliver ETC to their customers

http://bitcoinagile.com/787810/holdout-exchanges-must-promptly-deliver-etc-to-their-customers_stream

Abstract: The Ethereum hard fork has created two Ethereum blockchains and two forms of Ether tokens.  The exchanges that have not yet distributed to their customers Ether tokens for the Ethereum Classic blockchain are already risking substantial legal consequences.

Any exchange operator who believed Vitalik "Just The Tip" Butarin deserves the exquisitely deep screwing they are now enduring.   Tongue
legendary
if it takes a fork to get you guys to buy ethereum in any form...im happy for y'all Tongue
legendary

ETC is in the enviable position of being able to choose ANYTHING ETHF adds and there is no amount of your feet stomping and crying that can effect that. It is also in the Position of not HF'ing as that is a core principle so if ETHF wants to be safe from Replay IT HAS TO HF AGAIN!!! LOL you just so screwed.

Anything ETHF can Do ETC can do cheaper and with higher confidence as it's core is not to change an agreement whether good or bad and that builds confidence. Not Hoping the Devs will change a contract you signed because you didn't like the outcome.

Etc will have everything eth does + immutablity

QFT

Suck on this ETHF

lol, nice, just keep workin hard, buyin btc and changing to etc...my 3rd biggest collected alt.
Please do remember the ETH guys control the price of etc...no one else
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
I start minning at epool.io with 500mh/s.

Souds good guys?

Let us know how it works out per day.

in this time, what is the pool most profitable to mine etc?

sorry don't know.

Do we have a dedicated Mining thread?

Are the pools still being DdoSed? Nanopool was yesterday while i was on it but the frontend only went down and some stats were lost and the pool credited everyone for that time.

I feel good about this community! Smiley

I think all the scammers stayed on the ETHF side. Smiley

The real  Cypherpunks are right here.

^^^ this would look good in the OP with a ETC tag.
Activity: 591
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

Splitting was the next step when ETH and ETC were out of these scammy exchanges. There are many ways to do this safely if you have the coins in your local wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
ETM now???

come on ppl this is becoming a JOKE!
Activity: 591
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow
livecoin

ETHEREUM CLASSIC NEWS
Created 30.07.2016 00:38
Dear clients, when the Ethereum Classic (hereinafter ETC) appeared on the market, we announced that we were going to add it with ETC deposit to our customers’ accounts. But when we started working on integration, we encountered an unpleasant surprise. Because of the ETC architecture particularities and its direct relation with the genuine Ethereum (ETH), the transactions between these two coins are connected in one way or another. This relation is neither expected nor common practice in cryptocurrency.

When we adjusted the ETC in test mode, we found that we had no funds in ETC, since the transactions in ETH and ETC are associated and funds had been withdrawn by our clients in the process of normal deposit-withdrawn of ETH, we assume that it was sent to Poloniex, because at that time, trading on ETC occured only there.

Going forward we examined the situation in detail and came to the conclusion that either the ETC developers or Poloniex had to take over at least a minimum function of notifying all the other exchanges trading ETH to protect their ETC funds from loss. The quantity of such exchanges is not so high, no more than 15. We believe that to send 15 warning letters was quite capable. We have not received any notification concerning protection of funds in the ETC from anyone. We do not believe it is a fair way of doing business from the side of the ETC developers, and from the exchange, which was first to put in the ETC trades.

At the moment we may add trading pairs with ETC, but we do not see any sense in this as all the ETC funds are already withdrawn by our clients who have been aware of this network features. In addition, according to our opinion, due to the relation of blockchains with ETC and ETH there is a risk of fraudulent manipulations, and we are not willing to risk our clients’ accounts.

If Livecoin admins were surprised by the fact that the same keys and tx's were validated by both networks, it sucks to be them. They should have separated their ETH and ETC balances immediately after the fork like Polo did. When a user transferred ETH from their exchange, this tx was broadcast to both networks and the user received both ETH and ETC.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Funny exchanges that lost/stole people's etc are deflecting

Open unmoderated topic at first bitpop.  Grin All shit in this topic its bla bla shit.

You stole people's etc
Jump to: