Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETCV] Ethereum Classic Vision | Fork 3:1 of Ethereum - page 7. (Read 32220 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 1
An interesting project, but the truth I do not really understand why they give 1: 3? Can you explain to me what is the reason?
Activity: 350
If ETCV is not a scam just wait for ETCV to get into exchange and buy there without any issue.

Crypto market is going down so the price pf ETCV will be under 1USD

Perhaps in something you are right. But then everyone decides for himself. Many users want to get free coins and they are willing to take risks.
UGC
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
If ETCV is not a scam just wait for ETCV to get into exchange and buy there without any issue.

Crypto market is going down so the price pf ETCV will be under 1USD

Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

Common you can do nothing
If coins will be in your wallet than it is possible to wait until etcv will be accepted by popular wallets if that ever happen
Pab
legendary
what is that mean claim
There is on site you will be able to check balance on site
i am curious what will be with bounty coin
where bounty will be send
I am going to do nothing at least today
Will watch that drama
It remains only to go and buy popcorn, I personally think that everything will be fine, but I will not give guarantees

Don't like popcorn but will manage something else
I have visited MEW today network is overload
Activity: 183
what is that mean claim
Will watch that drama
It remains only to go and buy popcorn, I personally think that everything will be fine, but I will not give guarantees
good joke. I'm still a little scared to take part in this. I think a small amount I will be ready to allocate for him. Say 1 ETH
Activity: 238
what is that mean claim
Will watch that drama
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
I've heard a lot people screaming scam because they ask for private keys. Well sure, anytime you expose your keys you are at risk. That's a given.  But what about this: Your ETH is in a normal wallet where you have the private keys. The fork occurs. You move ETH to different wallet. Then use the original keys in the now empty wallet to claim forked coin.

I mean if your wallet is empty, they can't steal anything.

Am I missing something here? Please enlighten me.
If your wallet is empty then you will not be able to get new coins. This is absolutely logical. That's why everyone decides for himself.

It won't be empty when the snapshot occurs.  You'd move them after the snapshot. It doesn't matter where your coins are ...post snap.
Pab
legendary
what is that mean claim
Will watch that drama
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
I've heard a lot people screaming scam because they ask for private keys. Well sure, anytime you expose your keys you are at risk. That's a given.  But what about this: Your ETH is in a normal wallet where you have the private keys. The fork occurs. You move ETH to different wallet. Then use the original keys in the now empty wallet to claim forked coin.

If your wallet is empty then you will not be able to get new coins. This is absolutely logical. That's why everyone decides for himself.

the best way is not to enter your private key if they asked you to. they should never ask that in the first place. so if anyone is just so gullible here, please don't blame anyone after this fork commotion and you lost your eth. got it?  Wink
Activity: 159

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Activity: 271
The project site looks pretty good, and the idea too. I think that it is worth taking part in this, although this is my personal opinion. Wink
Activity: 182
How can I check my ECTV balance after the fork?

After the fork, you will be able to view your current ECTV coin balance in the wallet here on the official website of Ethereum Classic Vision.
Official website doesn´t exist anymore!
Website, team, social sites are offline.
Congratulations to another big scam!

Official website exist there are even hardware wallets available
I don't know about any social sites owned by team
Normal people are not digital creatures 
official website, anyone can create a website! i doubt ledger or trezor will support etcv, it's outright scam. forks are scam, they're never going to be better than original.
I’m not going to argue here, there are a lot of projects and half of them are scamming or they simply don’t live to market, but who knows how it will be, I won’t even argue, but we hope for the best
Activity: 182
What happened with both the fork and the ETH hours ago?
ETH fell deeply in several minutes to 0.0337 BTC per ETH hours ago.
Has the drop related to ETCV fork?

It's not related to this fork all markets again into bear mode but if you will put your private key into wallet than you have big chance to lose your coins. There are so many concern about this project so better always find a responsible way to react.
Now there is a lot of panic around the project, but you should always be careful in such situations, you just need to keep your keys to the wallet with you, although there are such craftsmen that even without this they can break the wallet
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
However, it is clear that something is not right. I say this because I saw phishing signals on metamask that only warn when there is evidence.
  Please see:

ATTENTION
MetaMask believes this domain has malicious intent and has prevented you from interacting with it.

This is because the site tested positive on the Ethereum Phishing Detector.

You can turn MetaMask off to interact with this site, but it's advised not to.

If you think this domain is incorrectly flagged, please file an issue. Good luck.

I will tag everyone promote this coin now.

It seems that some people still expect big from this project. a little funny because I didn't accept the reality that would emerge from this project. But it's time to see the good side of this.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
What happened with both the fork and the ETH hours ago?
ETH fell deeply in several minutes to 0.0337 BTC per ETH hours ago.
Has the drop related to ETCV fork?

It's not related to this fork all markets again into bear mode but if you will put your private key into wallet than you have big chance to lose your coins. There are so many concern about this project so better always find a responsible way to react.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Never send your private keys to anyone before emptying your wallet first.

After the blockchain snapshot is taken (11 January 20 GMT), you must backup your wallet (send your ETH to a new address), and after this upload your private keys to claim yours ETCV.
Activity: 251

After the fork, you will be able to view your current ECTV coin balance in the wallet here on the official website of Ethereum Classic Vision.

official website, anyone can create a website! i doubt ledger or trezor will support etcv, it's outright scam. forks are scam, they're never going to be better than original.
This will have big impact on the price, investors will  realize that so many scams are in cryptocurrency market and they will just leave this industry.
Here you are right. But at the same time, it is a free industry and people themselves decide to take part in such a product or not.
Activity: 708
Merit: 103
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

This will have big impact on the price, investors will  realize that so many scams are in cryptocurrency market and they will just leave this industry.
Pages:
Jump to: