Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 104. (Read 961460 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Expanse is pumping so hard!  Smiley
Activity: 306
Merit: 106
I think something people consistently miss with all these altcoins is that adoption will hands down make or break all of these currencies.

I don't care about the bells and whistles, sure some projects look better than others, but at the end of the day, it comes down to who gets their coins into the hands of the masses. You have to remember WE are not the target group. Everybody on this forum knows to much already. Even if you are a newb, like myself, who really knows very little about coinage, you already know to much. The target market for all these, and the ones that will win, are the ones that will have our parents saying "can I pay you in XYZ?"
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Aliens are real!
why is EXP pumping so hard.   Huh
Activity: 287

Whats up with miningpoolhub?

Time Since Last Block   3 hours 5 minutes 10 seconds
Est. Shares this Round   675558 (done: 8182.38%)

They have shitloads of power.

I'm seeing the same thing on the official Expanse pool.  There isn't a lot of miners but by now I should have accumulated much more than I have.  Weird.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
expanse looking gud  Smiley Target $5 minimum
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
Activity: 173
Expanse is going to da moon! Shocked
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

Whats up with miningpoolhub?

Time Since Last Block   3 hours 5 minutes 10 seconds
Est. Shares this Round   675558 (done: 8182.38%)

They have shitloads of power.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
Good time to buy in expanse right now, take a look at the nice steady bull trend!
its a time to take a sudden turn but with speculative mind.
copper member
Activity: 114
EXPANSE NEWSLETTER Vo. 2, No.9 – 5/1/2017 Expanse Live, EBS Update and China (CNY) News

"Smart contracts cost 1/50th as much to run as Ethereum, making Expanse practical to use as a dApp platform. The design is highly efficient with less than .05% uncles per 1000 blocks compared to over 8% with Ethereum."

Since you are comparing Expanse to Ethereum, does this mean that your goal is to compete with Ethereum in the smart contract field or is this an "apples to oranges" analogy?

One concern many traders and investors have in cryptocurrency is the concept of infinite tokens issued over time, while this is not real unless a crypto lasts for infinity, this is still a very real way that people think about total supply of tokens and coins. Christopher Franko and James Clayton, the original founders, propose that we limit the total supply of Expanse and put a cap on it in 80 years. This will not change inflation or impact utility in the slightest bit, this is not about halving block rewards, simply capping them 80 years from now. The only thing this would change is the monetary policy and create more scarcity for Expanse.

About 350m EXP total Expanse to exist at block 42,000,000.

As Ethereum plans to cap itself around the 100M range and is being used much more, is it possible to bring that number way down? From an investing standpoint, scarecity IS important as mentioned and since Expanse will not be used on the scale of Ethereum, the number should be much lower to provide incentive for holders to keep the value of Expanse high. Assuming the marketcap does reach $100M (Over 10x as of today), with 100M EXP in circulation, the value would be the same as it is today... $1.

The value of EXP will not affect EXP users as payment gateways would instantly convert fiat to EXP.
You just said: $100M (Over 10x as of today), with 100M EXP in circulation, the value would be the same as it is today... $1.

ohhh.... This dont make sense at all. Supply is very low now and not getting bigger. I would say the value would be about 5$ or even more, wich is more realistic if Marketcap will be 10x today's...
Just weit, EXP marketing just started and will be on very large scale when investors start pouring in. This WILL be same if not better than ETH.
You will remember my words, beleave me Smiley
Oh.. and in 2 months value of EXP has grown 5x and marketcap 5x aswell Smiley

Try reading and thinking about what I posted before you try to correct me. I know how offended "investors" on Bitcointalk get when anything besides moon gets said in whatever coin they are investing.
My post wasn't an attempt to bring the value of Expanse down if that is what you are worried about since you apparently have to say useless garbage like "You will remember my words, beleave me Smiley"
No, I won't believe you with your horrible English spelling and literally saying nothing of value.

Now... to the technicals...

You just said: ohhh.... This dont make sense at all. Supply is very low now and not getting bigger. I would say the value would be about 5$ or even more, wich is more realistic if Marketcap will be 10x today's...

As I quoted above from the official blog post, "About 350m EXP total Expanse to exist at block 42,000,000".
I believe this is a large inflation rate for Expanse and should be lowered in the interest of investors to below 100M total EXP. Due to the reputation and outreach of Ethereum, realistically speaking, Expanse has a very small chance of trying to be "better" than them as they can adapt at a faster rate.

What I want to ask is, what is the purpose of Expanse? What is Expanse trying to solve or do?
As asked before, is Expanse trying to overtake Ethereum or is Expanse going a different route by trying to solve something different?

Thanks in advance.

Interested to have this answered as well. And I love how you trashed that guy, great stuff.
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
I'm trying to sync up expanse with parity --chain=expanse --warp but at block #600,002 it got stuck, http://imgur.com/a/u4etV , after a few restarts, it went up to #604,163 but that's it, and it keeps giving this stage 1 block verification fail. 0/1/25 peers. Will delete and start without --warp. Are there no parity nodes is that the problem?

EDIT:
Now without --warp it's stuck on #154397, 0/5/25 peers. It's weird, does anyone here use parity for exp or only geth works ?

I let it sync overnight and it's stuck at #604,165. Can someone help me with this parity sync ?

EDIT: mist syncs fast, I guess parity is not ready yet for this coin.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
Something like SHIFT? Hopefully I did not miss the launch

Now I am even further away from this project. Nice looking new thread, can not wait to see it in action ...

EXP is an improved ETHEREUM ~ no ipo + legit devs Wink  buy/hodl //EXPANSE//^
Activity: 28
Something like SHIFT? Hopefully I did not miss the launch

Now I am even further away from this project. Nice looking new thread, can not wait to see it in action ...
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
CHECK wallet download links on your website and here on the forum, they doesn't work. I cant download Windows wallet other too.

I juuust told our website maintainers to update them.

^EXP so low poloniex holding us down? unreal we should be flyinggggg :\
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
I'm trying to sync up expanse with parity --chain=expanse --warp but at block #600,002 it got stuck, http://imgur.com/a/u4etV , after a few restarts, it went up to #604,163 but that's it, and it keeps giving this stage 1 block verification fail. 0/1/25 peers. Will delete and start without --warp. Are there no parity nodes is that the problem?

EDIT:
Now without --warp it's stuck on #154397, 0/5/25 peers. It's weird, does anyone here use parity for exp or only geth works ?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
I downloaded MIST expanse wallet for Windows but It doesn't connect. Shows 0 peers.

I have one on ubuntu and it was synced but now I opened it and it also has no peers connected. It is 20 days since last block. How to fix this?

This has been resolved, make sure you have the latest version and it should synch right up now Smiley
Activity: 165
Learning is the beginning of wealth.
I downloaded MIST expanse wallet for Windows but It doesn't connect. Shows 0 peers.

I have one on ubuntu and it was synced but now I opened it and it also has no peers connected. It is 20 days since last block. How to fix this?
Activity: 13
I read about the opportunity to earn with EBS without locking coins for 90 days. Did anyone hear when it will be possible to do so? I think this will help move EXP much faster up.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
CHECK wallet download links on your website and here on the forum, they doesn't work. I cant download Windows wallet other too.

I juuust told our website maintainers to update them.
Jump to: