Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 105. (Read 961460 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Learning is the beginning of wealth.
CHECK wallet download links on your website and here on the forum, they doesn't work. I cant download Windows wallet other too.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
EXPANSE community is great!~very helpful team of developers! Polo servers getting racked the past couple days EXP price under 60000 Shocked wow hella low!!!
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
EXPANSE NEWSLETTER Vo. 2, No.9 – 5/1/2017 Expanse Live, EBS Update and China (CNY) News

"Smart contracts cost 1/50th as much to run as Ethereum, making Expanse practical to use as a dApp platform. The design is highly efficient with less than .05% uncles per 1000 blocks compared to over 8% with Ethereum."

Since you are comparing Expanse to Ethereum, does this mean that your goal is to compete with Ethereum in the smart contract field or is this an "apples to oranges" analogy?

One concern many traders and investors have in cryptocurrency is the concept of infinite tokens issued over time, while this is not real unless a crypto lasts for infinity, this is still a very real way that people think about total supply of tokens and coins. Christopher Franko and James Clayton, the original founders, propose that we limit the total supply of Expanse and put a cap on it in 80 years. This will not change inflation or impact utility in the slightest bit, this is not about halving block rewards, simply capping them 80 years from now. The only thing this would change is the monetary policy and create more scarcity for Expanse.

About 350m EXP total Expanse to exist at block 42,000,000.

As Ethereum plans to cap itself around the 100M range and is being used much more, is it possible to bring that number way down? From an investing standpoint, scarecity IS important as mentioned and since Expanse will not be used on the scale of Ethereum, the number should be much lower to provide incentive for holders to keep the value of Expanse high. Assuming the marketcap does reach $100M (Over 10x as of today), with 100M EXP in circulation, the value would be the same as it is today... $1.

The value of EXP will not affect EXP users as payment gateways would instantly convert fiat to EXP.
You just said: $100M (Over 10x as of today), with 100M EXP in circulation, the value would be the same as it is today... $1.

ohhh.... This dont make sense at all. Supply is very low now and not getting bigger. I would say the value would be about 5$ or even more, wich is more realistic if Marketcap will be 10x today's...
Just weit, EXP marketing just started and will be on very large scale when investors start pouring in. This WILL be same if not better than ETH.
You will remember my words, beleave me Smiley
Oh.. and in 2 months value of EXP has grown 5x and marketcap 5x aswell Smiley

Try reading and thinking about what I posted before you try to correct me. I know how offended "investors" on Bitcointalk get when anything besides moon gets said in whatever coin they are investing.
My post wasn't an attempt to bring the value of Expanse down if that is what you are worried about since you apparently have to say useless garbage like "You will remember my words, beleave me Smiley"
No, I won't believe you with your horrible English spelling and literally saying nothing of value.

Now... to the technicals...

You just said: ohhh.... This dont make sense at all. Supply is very low now and not getting bigger. I would say the value would be about 5$ or even more, wich is more realistic if Marketcap will be 10x today's...

As I quoted above from the official blog post, "About 350m EXP total Expanse to exist at block 42,000,000".
I believe this is a large inflation rate for Expanse and should be lowered in the interest of investors to below 100M total EXP. Due to the reputation and outreach of Ethereum, realistically speaking, Expanse has a very small chance of trying to be "better" than them as they can adapt at a faster rate.

What I want to ask is, what is the purpose of Expanse? What is Expanse trying to solve or do?
As asked before, is Expanse trying to overtake Ethereum or is Expanse going a different route by trying to solve something different?

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
Keep holding your Expanse coins, guys.
Coz Expanse is going to the moon. Smiley
Yes you are right. We must keep
holding our expanse coin!
Activity: 378
EXP looks like a really interesting project. Is the mac wallet with the EBS bonds feature out already?
Activity: 462
Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.
EXPANSE NEWSLETTER Vo. 2, No.9 – 5/1/2017 Expanse Live, EBS Update and China (CNY) News

"Smart contracts cost 1/50th as much to run as Ethereum, making Expanse practical to use as a dApp platform. The design is highly efficient with less than .05% uncles per 1000 blocks compared to over 8% with Ethereum."

Since you are comparing Expanse to Ethereum, does this mean that your goal is to compete with Ethereum in the smart contract field or is this an "apples to oranges" analogy?

One concern many traders and investors have in cryptocurrency is the concept of infinite tokens issued over time, while this is not real unless a crypto lasts for infinity, this is still a very real way that people think about total supply of tokens and coins. Christopher Franko and James Clayton, the original founders, propose that we limit the total supply of Expanse and put a cap on it in 80 years. This will not change inflation or impact utility in the slightest bit, this is not about halving block rewards, simply capping them 80 years from now. The only thing this would change is the monetary policy and create more scarcity for Expanse.

As Ethereum plans to cap itself around the 100M range and is being used much more, is it possible to bring that number way down? From an investing standpoint, scarecity IS important as mentioned and since Expanse will not be used on the scale of Ethereum, the number should be much lower to provide incentive for holders to keep the value of Expanse high. Assuming the marketcap does reach $100M (Over 10x as of today), with 100M EXP in circulation, the value would be the same as it is today... $1.

The value of EXP will not affect EXP users as payment gateways would instantly convert fiat to EXP.
You just said: $100M (Over 10x as of today), with 100M EXP in circulation, the value would be the same as it is today... $1.

ohhh.... This dont make sense at all. Supply is very low now and not getting bigger. I would say the value would be about 5$ or even more, wich is more realistic if Marketcap will be 10x today's...
Just weit, EXP marketing just started and will be on very large scale when investors start pouring in. This WILL be same if not better than ETH.
You will remember my words, beleave me Smiley
Oh.. and in 2 months value of EXP has grown 5x and marketcap 5x aswell Smiley
Interesting article about how Expanse Bonds could potentially have an edge over MN's or Staking here is an article:

http://www.cryptocollectorsclub.com/the--ebs--expanse-bonds-advantage.html
Activity: 39

Activity: 240
Is there a way to earn passive with EXP?
I heard something about Bonds?
Yes, with EBS we can earn up to 12% per year. I think Expanse team should to promote this information to the bitcoin community (for instance like ad on coinmarketcap). It's a great opportunity for passive income if you aren't a day trader. There are no hostings to maintain masternodes and you shouldn't take your wallet always running for staking. Invest in EXP at least for 1 year and you will get more than you can imagine today.
I agree. The EBS is a very unique feature. If more people knew about it, I think EXP could get a similar price boost as the masternode coins did
Activity: 854
Merit: 305
Over a $1 per coin very nice
I think, that over 5$ per coins - very nice price. 1$ -  this is an intermediate result.The more developers work on their project - the more price will grow, as i see now devs 24/7 all time busy and work, so with little delay their work will be rewarded.
Activity: 13
Yes, with EBS we can earn up to 12% per year. I think Expanse team should to promote this information to the bitcoin community (for instance like ad on coinmarketcap). It's a great opportunity for passive income if you aren't a day trader. There are no hostings to maintain masternodes and you shouldn't take your wallet always running for staking. Invest in EXP at least for 1 year and you will get more than you can imagine today.
Activity: 9
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with install Expanse wallet. My wallet is charging me a week already. The next blocks that come out are faster than the previous one, so it comes out that I never get loaded. Do you know what might be the problem?

below is a link to a photo with downloading wallet
https://naforum.zapodaj.net/thumbs/f7c330cbaf46.jpg
Activity: 150
Shift Coin, Phantom/IPFS the new Web 3.0
Over a $1 per coin very nice
Activity: 350
Keep holding your Expanse coins, guys.
Coz Expanse is going to the moon. Smiley
Activity: 284
So expanse is just like ethereum or what? The presentation of itself is kind of vague and the problems it intends on solving.

^EXP is not going above 100K today ~ or maybe it could :-D EXP is upgraded ETH!

~expanse is the American ETH just upgraded for better functionality! Wink

Sure is! just look at the EXP and eth comparison, EXP is the upgraded version of eth. Smiley
Activity: 378
Activity: 854
Merit: 305
I don't know why I can't see the great things about exp, even though am holding nice bag of it which is currently pretty negative.
anybody care to share roadmaps, upcoming news / newsletter etc?
Be patient my friend. After last conf devs make special edition newsletter and shared with us. Now conf was more biggest and more cool, so after they come back from it, then we will see great things about exp)
Activity: 669
Merit: 520
I don't know why I can't see the great things about exp, even though am holding nice bag of it which is currently pretty negative.
anybody care to share roadmaps, upcoming news / newsletter etc?
Activity: 381

http://blog.expanse.tech/post/160191001133/expanse-newsletter-vo-2-no9-512017-expanse

TONS of News for Expanse, check it out and make sure to read everything! Thanks!
Wow, amazing news!

Getting a spot at the Collision tech conference is a huge opportunity. Expanse will get a lot of great exposure from being there!

Expanse being marketing in China and being traded for the Yuan is very promising also!

I'm extremely excited for the future of Expanse  Smiley

This is very great news indeed! A lot of high class marketing going on for Expanse atm and this is just beginning... . This was biggest competitor to ethereum since it started.
Future is very bright for Exp and its very clear, im so excited for this also Smiley

Yes no doubt expanse has a very great future.
We can see from the very start that expanse
has achieved a lot of success. I am really excited to see the bright future awaiting for expanse.

http://blog.expanse.tech/post/160191001133/expanse-newsletter-vo-2-no9-512017-expanse

TONS of News for Expanse, check it out and make sure to read everything! Thanks!
Wow, amazing news!

Getting a spot at the Collision tech conference is a huge opportunity. Expanse will get a lot of great exposure from being there!

Expanse being marketing in China and being traded for the Yuan is very promising also!

I'm extremely excited for the future of Expanse  Smiley

This is very great news indeed! A lot of high class marketing going on for Expanse atm and this is just beginning... . This was biggest competitor to ethereum since it started.
Future is very bright for Exp and its very clear, im so excited for this also Smiley
Jump to: