Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 231. (Read 961462 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Shift for example just lacks dev activity but the community works on getting one on board.

That's because he is mentally unstable m8. He spends all his free time being ass hurt and trying to troll this thread. Its why the community did a takeover.

He ran out of funds, that is the only interesting part of the story.

Now the movement is community driven. Imagine Expanse before implementing DAO. Actually Shift is an interesting example of where such a DAO would serve a great need as there is no active lead developer.

No, the story actually is interesting.

Shiftdev is Icall7, that is his sock puppet he used to FUD EXP, instead of working on marketing SHT during the early days. He is also connected to NXT Horizon, and he slipped up by mentioning two other founders of NXT Horizon in this very thread. Nobody knows them or ever mentions their names. They are not active on Social Media or Bitcointalk hardly at all. That slip up let me know he is the scam dev known as Silver. Silver in his own mind is not a scammer, and he feels he deserved everyone's money since he created NXT Horizon and controlled the coins. On top of that, check the SHT thread, Shiftdev wanted to use Horizon node distribution system. Closed source except for a couple people, again, that tells me a lot.

Anyway, he had abandoned NXT Horizon much like he did Shift in the past, but a couple other people were still active on the team. I foolishly agreed to help with a community takeover a few years back, bad idea, and then Silver came out of Hibernation! (Sound Familiar?) Long story, but in the end he had something called a "God Account" that he moved to polo and crushed everyone. That was a learning lesson for me, and I learned to never trust an anon dev in an alt coin, or even a project with a remote connection to one. Oh yes, NXT horizon was doing very well with the community takeover team until he pulled his stunt and destroyed all momentum. At that point I knew if I ever worked on a project again it would have to be starting fresh.

The reality is community takeovers are garbage. The problem is they are taking over something that is always a scamcoin on one level or another. They have no motivation but cashing out and profit, and while in the past I believed maybe something good can come from them, in my experience this is not the case. You are better off just finding a good project with a solid non anonymous team than trying to revive some failed coin with a terrible dev that is out of control. He even comes here personally attacking us for no reason, using various accounts, and any anon dev you find for SHT will just be Silver anyway. Lastly, if skilled devs are looking for work, I am sure we can provide them great bounties helping Expanse. As we are growing the team and bringing in more talent over time.

If you don't believe me about Shiftdev, ask him for his real Bitcointalk account. You won't get it.
Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
Shift for example just lacks dev activity but the community works on getting one on board.

That's because he is mentally unstable m8. He spends all his free time being ass hurt and trying to troll this thread. Its why the community did a takeover.

He ran out of funds, that is the only interesting part of the story.

Now the movement is community driven. Imagine Expanse before implementing DAO. Actually Shift is an interesting example of where such a DAO would serve a great need as there is no active lead developer.
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
I see expanse kind of being like litecoin to bitcoin in a way.  

Expanse looks like it is in a better position than litecoin since it doesn't have any other ETH clones to contend with yet.

-tb-

There are two other ETH clones:

1.Soil
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/soilcoin/
http://soilcoin.xyz/

2. Shift (The first Ethereum fork)
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/shift/
http://shiftcoin.weebly.com/ (Shows info about the current state when scrolling down)

I think all of them can build something great considering the strength of the Ethereum framework. Shift for example just lacks dev activity but the community works on getting one on board.

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really

Expanse looks like it is in a better position than litecoin since it doesn't have any other ETH clones to contend with yet.

-tb-

I agree with that also. I hold quite a bit of of EXP , so I legit would like to see this coin make great progress.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain

-tb-
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really
Activity: 404
Am I right in considering Expanse as the decentralized version of Ethereum? Huh In any case I am in  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
SO could this coin get just as big as Ethereum ? or going to be like its sister like LTC is or was for BTC would like to see it but seen so many coins from OP that have faild in the past maybe this will be the jem we been looking for to be a competitor of Ethereum or and BTC

I think Expanse with be Ethereum's sister coin. Anyone interested in the ETH tech would want to expand their portfolio and see what else is out there. Ethereum is on track to do something really special. I became interested in Expanse, because it was based on Ethereum, but with a more community based approach.

Yes, and we can do many different things in Expanse and have a lot more freedom, but of course we are "based on Ethereum." This gives us some of the best tech out there, but also the freedom to do whatever the community wants over time. I think it will be a lot of fun for those getting involved, and of course, early EXP buyers I imagine are quite pleased so far. Smiley

Well I have my fair stock of this coin already and holding it for the long run as seeing prices going up nice too.  If it gets anywhere to where Ethereum is then am sure will be a nice profit but mining getting harder less rewards but still am splitting my mining across this and ETH so getting what I can left of it then full mining on here Smiley Is their any ETA on when this coin goes POS if is one?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024
Coin is getting HOT and it has rose like 25 times in 3 months

As usual i was in the boat initially but puled out

Hope i can get back in when the price gets even more stabilized

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Something is wrong with suprnova??
Last 2h zero coins!!!

Stuck cronjob, thanks for the info, fixed
Activity: 543
Something is wrong with suprnova??
Last 2h zero coins!!!
legendary
Activity: 1354
Hey, defaced. I would like to see some own development on the core features, where is it? Smiley Right now you are just merging code from ethereum commits...

Do you code in golang?
I support by ShiftTeam, where your own development?
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
============================================================

Hello all,

I can do English to French translation of wallets, threads, text, etc... for a fee.

Please PM me if you are interested.
- Judge

============================================================

We have someone from France helping us already, but thank you.
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
is this means that exp will soon become pos coin with homestead just like eth Huh

We are discussing it. We could go POS only just like ETH, although I also like the option of going hybrid with POW, as this would allow people to mine far into the future. We will keep inflation low and EXP rare regardless.

There are also some other interesting options from some other people I know that could be possible, but I can't discuss it yet as I am just talking about technical options in private currently. We can basically do whatever we want, and we can make it happen.
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
Someone have some working nodes, please?

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Hey people! Smiley

I was thinking of adding some cool competitions to our subreddit and try get some activity going in there! Hope some of you might be interested to pop by!

Another idea I have in mind is to start a dApp in the network (will be needing help with this by someone able to create them) for charity and with the community choosing it's own charity or suggesting and voting and the best part about this technology is that it takes away all the unnecessary percentages that go to middlemen and other expanses. This is where expanse benefits everything else that is out there at the moment.

This site: http://charity.lovetoknow.com/What_Percentage_of_Donations_Go_to_Charity  shows us how much the current top-charity foundations give out and how much they have to spend on expanses. It's insane, this technology eradicates all extra fee's and sends the value to where it is needed with almost to no fees and delay.
I imagine a lot of the income of these so called nonprofitable charities have to spend money on marketing and getting the word out there, but we live in a time that is being dominated by internet users and everyone is using it weather it is for social stuff or news/happenings.
Look at what Kony2012 did and how it got widespread so fast: http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/apr/20/kony-2012-facts-numbers
At the same time with adoption of cryptocurrencies in general with the public, this could get more awareness at the same time, and it would help so many people around the world, there just literally aren't any downsides to it that I can think of. How many people would even need to be involved to successfully store and bring an amount of EXP to people in need who maybe don't have a way to receive it on their end through transactions. It baffles me bitcoin hasn't had any breakthroughs in the charity area. If something like Kony could get widespread so much just cause of a fake idea and a good edited video and ended up doing nothing with the money they received, then something that is fail-proof and is able to give 99% of the donated charity volume to the ones in need shouldn't have a hard time to get more widespread, this technology works for any sort of charity.
This is the time to show the world 99% provably non-profit charities.

Would be awesome if more people felt the same way and would want to help get this started!

For more info about the subreddit, check it out and stay tuned: https://www.reddit.com/r/ExpanseOfficial/
Jump to: