Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 322. (Read 961462 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com

My miner has shit itself 3 times already today. Something is wrong with this coin. It never happened with ETH or SHF.

Try using the pool if you are having trouble solo mining. I spent about 15 seconds on it deleting "eth3" and replacing it with "exp" in the .bat for Suprnova., mining fine with 4 GPUs. Solo mining will be improved and made easier, and that is a main priority.

https://exp.suprnova.cc
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Can I mine this with a single antminer s3? Sorry for the noobish question, I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy my first miner (an S3, just to mess around with)

Thanks in advance

This is gpu and cpu only, asic are not currently made for dagger hashimoto algo. Best to mine with gpus currently, AMD GCN gpus and Nvidia 700 and 900 series gpus.
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Can I mine this with a single antminer s3? Sorry for the noobish question, I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy my first miner (an S3, just to mess around with)

Thanks in advance

No you cannot mine with an Antminer s3, it uses SHA-256 like Bitcoin and others. If you are looking at an Antminer for mining Bitcoin, you might want to consider an s4, s5, or waiting for the newer models.
Activity: 714

Thanks in advance
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

My miner has shit itself 3 times already today. Something is wrong with this coin. It never happened with ETH or SHF.

Activity: 347
Merit: 100
Something wrong  Huh Huh Huh Huh

my balance gone with the wind

I was checked last night, there is some exp balance on my wallet but now it was reset or something

wrong chain then.

this coin is not working

The coin works fine

I dont think so
I was try my setting than pointing to suprnova and works, i still have a few balance on pool

than try go to solo, all is fine but just missing some balance on my wallet
this ever happen just like eth/shf when they upgrade wallet
Activity: 163

I was checked last night, there is some exp balance on my wallet but now it was reset or something

wrong chain then.

this coin is not working

The coin works fine
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
this coin is not working
Activity: 347

Activity: 163
ethminer.exe -G -t 2 -F http://exp.suprnova.cc:3000/proctologic.2

OpenCL device Barts has insufficient GPU memory.1073741824 bytes of memory found  < 1423739904 bytes of memory required

OpenCL device Juniper has insufficient GPU memory.536870912 bytes of memory found < 1423739904 bytes of memory required

No GPU device with sufficient memory was found. Can't GPU mine. Remove the -G argument

Any help how to mine with 6870 and 5870?

You cant mine with GPU's that only have 1GB of Mem, They need 2GB +
Activity: 241
Merit: 250
ethminer.exe -G -t 2 -F http://exp.suprnova.cc:3000/proctologic.2

OpenCL device Barts has insufficient GPU memory.1073741824 bytes of memory found  < 1423739904 bytes of memory required

OpenCL device Juniper has insufficient GPU memory.536870912 bytes of memory found < 1423739904 bytes of memory required

No GPU device with sufficient memory was found. Can't GPU mine. Remove the -G argument

Any help how to mine with 6870 and 5870?
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
Just a quick update, nothing is being ignored and the essentials are being worked on with priority given to the most needed first.

Any issues with solo mining will be resolved and updated, website coming, coinmarketcap listing, block explorer coming, stats page, DAO smart contracts, new custom GUI wallet, and exchange(s) after that. (I am not sure on the exact timing of the new GUI wallet, but I think people will like it quite a bit once it is ready)

Fixing the jank network is #1 priority. It has to be fixed to reliably do anything at all with the client.
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
this coin is doing alright now. blocktime is fixed. lots of miners. now its time to develop some DApps! How long until someone clones Augur?

Once the DAO is set up we will be releasing information on funding for DApps. That is what the community reserve is for in large part, bringing new developers in.
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Just a quick update, nothing is being ignored and the essentials are being worked on with priority given to the most needed first.

Any issues with solo mining will be resolved and updated, website coming, coinmarketcap listing, block explorer coming, stats page, DAO smart contracts, new custom GUI wallet, and exchange(s) after that. (I am not sure on the exact timing of the new GUI wallet, but I think people will like it quite a bit once it is ready)
right on it's up and running now?  is there any exchanges in the works yet?

EDIT: just downloaded the win wallet lol this might take me a bit to understand lol let alone get my lil miner going. when I click "start_mining.bat" it gives me an error.

is the black box with green writing the "command line wallet" lol I might need a walkthrough video  Tongue

Thats not a bad idea actually, ill make one tomorrow.

Any news on the windows wallet issue with low peer connections?

It should be getting better, slowly but surely. It would get better faster if people started their daemon with the "--maxpeers 100" flag

Other issue I see is time synchronization, where computer clocks are off can cause issue with syncing.  Atomic clock app works great at this and I set mines to sync every 15 minutes. It's a good app for those that aren't sure enough to do registry edits.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
difficulty must have rose like 500% after the pool came online. Sad

block time is beginning to fix itself.

Thats a good thing, we will see far less problems that way.

Ok quick question, normally with a large pool I would want to jump in, however two things.
Ethminer has the 500ms getwork delay+aditional delay from pool &
since this coin pays out Uncles and due to network delay I am guessing that I have a chance of getting uncle credit solo mining.

With these factors, is solo (over a long enough timeline) actually better than pool by a larger factor than most bitcoin clones?

Anyone want to run some math with me on this?

Solo is ALWAYS better than Pool because you have no fees, no stales (mostly), no other traffic, you don't have to trust the admin etc..

Especially with coins like ETH/SHF/EXP and that low blocktime, you'd normally always want to solo if you have some decent amoutn of hash (3-4 GPU's). Pooled mining here is really critical on the server hardware. Of course a few things can be optimized, delay is already lower than 500, its at 150 back and forth and latency can also be optimized by using nodes in the country of the miners..

But .. As long as diff is low, block time is low -> go solo !

thank you for the answer to this. i was contemplating whether to solo or not.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom

EDIT: just downloaded the win wallet lol this might take me a bit to understand lol let alone get my lil miner going. when I click "start_mining.bat" it gives me an error.

is the black box with green writing the "command line wallet" lol I might need a walkthrough video  Tongue

It should be getting better, slowly but surely. It would get better faster if people started their daemon with the "--maxpeers 100" flag

is the black box with green writing the "command line wallet" lol I might need a walkthrough video  Tongue

legendary
Franko is Freedom

is the black box with green writing the "command line wallet" lol I might need a walkthrough video  Tongue

legendary
Franko is Freedom
Check it out Smiley

http://stats.expanse.tech/

Gives you a nice snapshop of the network as it is now.

Thank you stats.ethdevs.com for supplying such a nice tool ^_^
Jump to: