Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 324. (Read 961462 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
difficulty must have rose like 500% after the pool came online. Sad

block time is beginning to fix itself.

Thats a good thing, we will see far less problems that way.

Ok quick question, normally with a large pool I would want to jump in, however two things.
Ethminer has the 500ms getwork delay+aditional delay from pool &
since this coin pays out Uncles and due to network delay I am guessing that I have a chance of getting uncle credit solo mining.

With these factors, is solo (over a long enough timeline) actually better than pool by a larger factor than most bitcoin clones?

Anyone want to run some math with me on this?

Solo is ALWAYS better than Pool because you have no fees, no stales (mostly), no other traffic, you don't have to trust the admin etc..

Especially with coins like ETH/SHF/EXP and that low blocktime, you'd normally always want to solo if you have some decent amoutn of hash (3-4 GPU's). Pooled mining here is really critical on the server hardware. Of course a few things can be optimized, delay is already lower than 500, its at 150 back and forth and latency can also be optimized by using nodes in the country of the miners..

But .. As long as diff is low, block time is low -> go solo !

I totally agree, anyone that can solo mine should as long as they can find blocks in a somewhat reasonable amount of time. (and they have an advantage if the pool ever goes down briefly) Pooled mining is just easier for many of us that are used to it.

I am a big fan of Suprnova myself, so I am glad you set this up, although hopefully some others also set up some trustworthy pools later to give more options and spread the hash.

I am in contact with a few and I think some more will join -  yes
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com

Ok quick question, normally with a large pool I would want to jump in, however two things.
since this coin pays out Uncles and due to network delay I am guessing that I have a chance of getting uncle credit solo mining.

With these factors, is solo (over a long enough timeline) actually better than pool by a larger factor than most bitcoin clones?

Solo is ALWAYS better than Pool because you have no fees, no stales (mostly), no other traffic, you don't have to trust the admin etc..

Especially with coins like ETH/SHF/EXP and that low blocktime, you'd normally always want to solo if you have some decent amoutn of hash (3-4 GPU's). Pooled mining here is really critical on the server hardware. Of course a few things can be optimized, delay is already lower than 500, its at 150 back and forth and latency can also be optimized by using nodes in the country of the miners..

I totally agree, anyone that can solo mine should as long as they can find blocks in a somewhat reasonable amount of time. (and they have an advantage if the pool ever goes down briefly) Pooled mining is just easier for many of us that are used to it.

I am a big fan of Suprnova myself, so I am glad you set this up, although hopefully some others also set up some trustworthy pools later to give more options and spread the hash.
legendary

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Activity: 115
I am mining on the pool. My PC has a single GPU which is an ASUS AMD R9 290x.

I am getting 22,370kh according to the pool but my GPU isn't making any more noise usual.

How can I be sure it's mining on the GPU and not my inbuilt graphics or something like that?

GPUz is saying the GPU load is ~100% but my hashrate still seems low compared to the others.

With 22 Mh/s that is for sure your GPU and not IGP.

You are doing it correct.

You have to add those line in your .bat file. It should be like this

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
ethminer -G -F http://xxx:9656 --cl-global-work 16384

AMD R9 290X should be a lot more than 22Mhs. Use MSI Afterburn to overclock it. Google will tell you every steps and core/mem clock as well.

I got ~25Mhs with amd 280x with just " ethminer.exe -G -F http://127.0.0.1:9656 "  GPU 1020 / Mem 1500

25 is bang on for a 280x.  Most of those you can coax up to 27 to 28 if you push GPU up to 1125.  Some really high end like the ASUS matrix or a sapphire tri-x can run the memclock to 1600 and that seems to get as much as 29.

If you are using a low end pitcarn its like 15 and a high end 270 or a 7870 ghz edition can pull 18-19 with clock arround 1150 and mem 1250.
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
i haved mined solo 2136 coins , but i dont know is this right Tongue

can i used the coins , when i mined at the testnet phase?

No, testnet coins have no value. Other than for testing.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
i haved mined solo 2136 coins , but i dont know is this right Tongue

can i used the coins , when i mined at the testnet phase?
Activity: 92

I am getting 22,370kh according to the pool but my GPU isn't making any more noise usual.

How can I be sure it's mining on the GPU and not my inbuilt graphics or something like that?

GPUz is saying the GPU load is ~100% but my hashrate still seems low compared to the others.

AMD R9 290X should be a lot more than 22Mhs. Use MSI Afterburn to overclock it. Google will tell you every steps and core/mem clock as well.

I got ~25Mhs with amd 280x with just " ethminer.exe -G -F http://127.0.0.1:9656 "  GPU 1020 / Mem 1500
legendary
cryptocollectorsclub.com
We havn't even been live for 24 hours and I see m8s want an exchange already.

Yes, that isn't something to worry about and it will be coming later. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
Pool just went offline, DDoS?

not offline but

Pool Hash: 0.00 MH/s
        Pool Workers: 0
        Net Hash: n/a GH/s

Hushhhh, I am finding blocks again!

All solo miners are hoping ocminer is sleeping...  Smiley

-tb-

LOL Even I was....
Activity: 108

legendary
Ah sorry my fault, pushed the wrong button  Grin

Up again
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain

not offline but

All solo miners are hoping ocminer is sleeping...  Smiley

-tb-
Activity: 193
Merit: 100

not offline but

Hehehe.
I cant connect to it so from my location it seems offline. Back to solo-mining Cheesy
Activity: 271
Merit: 251

not offline but

Activity: 347

not offline but

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom

Anyone work on block explorer DEV?

We are still pinpointing the exact location of the node bottleneck.
Activity: 1111
Merit: 588

Anyone work on block explorer DEV?
Jump to: