Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well) - page 17. (Read 97213 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Wow exc trading has been busy im sure cryptsy is probably now interested

"Busy" as in someone raised the price about 1000% with fat walls on BTER and CoinsEx at the same time.

Disappointed with this event and and subsequently with the coin.

Can the Dev give an insight into what is going on?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Wow exc trading has been busy im sure cryptsy is probably now interested
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
you can buy extremecoin for only 0.000008 on bter. best purchase price at the moment! grab it while it`s hot
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
I have started up a dedicated cloud server which is acting as a seed node right now and will replace the other two vps nodes.

This new server will also being hosting a EXC service which is in development.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
With skyrocketing btc and ltc there will be a lot of interest in exc in the near future
Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I hope plan is to reach MinCoin price at first stage. Then much higher.
Why fix the difficulty? It is fine.  Give it another few months to settle out and then when the block reward is constant and small, the coin will stabalize. Let it run its course.  Then this coin can be used for any kind of programmatic testing to anyone's heart's content.  I personally don't mind waiting for transactions to go through now.

%% Edit.

So that was my first thought, but then I realized say later down the road, someone may just for spite dump a lot of hashpower at this just to lock the chain up.

That's what we need to safe guard against. Also I would like to see EXC trade paired with either LTC or USD. With BTC going through the roof it is not a good comparison of any altcoins worth when put against Bitcoin.
Activity: 132
Why fix the difficulty? It is fine.  Give it another few months to settle out and then when the block reward is constant and small, the coin will stabalize. Let it run its course.  Then this coin can be used for any kind of programmatic testing to anyone's heart's content.  I personally don't mind waiting for transactions to go through now.

%% Edit.

So that was my first thought, but then I realized say later down the road, someone may just for spite dump a lot of hashpower at this just to lock the chain up.
Yeah still working on it.

Have been ill for a few days but am back and fighting fit again.

EXC is going to be my sole focus again to get this difficulty problem fixed.

Still your name of this coin is good? Extremecoin Smiley
Activity: 238
So CaptChadd, any more details about the new difficulty adjustment?   Were still seeing a very bad pattern in block times,  sometimes it can be hours with no blocks and then it seems there will be a whole bunch of blocks within a minute. 

Look at the block chain for the last 15 blocks no blocks for hours, as long as 11 hours, then difficulty drops a little, a block in 2 hours, a block 1 hour as difficulty drops more, then 10 blocks in a minute as difficulty nears zero, then back up to a few minutes, and now stuck again for a couple hours. 

Having send confirm times take so long makes it very difficult to send transactions, who wants to wait 11 hours or even 1 hour for a single confirmation?  It also makes developing and testing services very difficult.

Not sure, but EXC topic gave the new standard in Signature banners Smiley
1 exc per block and everybody that`s in EXC please visit ExtremeCoin lottery https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/extremecoinexc-lotto-329913
Activity: 127
Things are looking great at the backend for this coin.

The dedicated server is so fast, I am considering running a few services on it using visualization and the cloud seed node is so much faster than the two VPS ones.

At the moment I am working on EXC update 1.4 to improve the difficulty adjustment and add some checkpoints.

Remember, if somebody dumps Extremecoin, that means someone has just bought a load and has a large percentage of them.

The more EXC you have, the more selling power you have and dictation of worth.
In the finance world the most important thing is confidence, credibility. In that world word extreme should not find the space. So, you should avoid the name Extreme. Ticker EXC is one of the best.

My suggestion is to change only the name, ticker EXC is perfect/excellent Smiley

A name that stands out and gets attention like you are giving it, is a great name. Its got you interested enough to post about it.

Your posts have made me even more happier with keeping the name.

Extremecoin!!!

Do you still think good about this coin name? 
Pages:
Jump to: