Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well) - page 12. (Read 97213 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
From CoinMarketCap:

43    Extremecoin    $ 542,978    $ 0.16    3,462,155 EXC    $ 4    -4.67 %

I don't have a clue what the guy talking about the coin being dangerous due to 0 on coinmarketcap, the figures on that website are right.
Are there any functioning pools for this coin?

None that I know of.

CoinEX for some reason seems to be forking the chain separate from the solo miners which version 1.4

I am not sure why this is happening if CoinEx are pointing their client at the addnode=31.193.130.77 and using version 1.4
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
Are there any functioning pools for this coin?
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
CoinEx is on a different fork again?
What does that thread have to do with low trading volume? Also the OP of the thread you just linked to has a trust feedback of -8, so how can you use that link as a method to judge trust for this coin.

And why on earth would low trading volume make a coin dangerous.

You are a newbie on here, so I think it is best that you read up and learn the basic's on Crypto trading before diving head saying a coin is dangerous.

EXC is a rare coin with only 1 coin per block, so of course the exchange volume is going to be lower than most coins because there are less coins to go around, this does not make it dangerous.

I have emailed BTER.com twice now to upgrade their client to V 1.4, it is not my fault if they have not done it yet and this does not make the coin dangerous.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
This coin is dangerous !!! Based on http://coinmarketcap.com, trading volume is 0 BTC !!! WOW, amazing. While somebody was intentionally making some dips so that it looks getting some potential boosting. Be cautious !!!!

I'm not sure what your point is, but maybe you understand what fractions are.  This coin has a low volume of trading that is true.  It was less than 1 BTC ($297 also according to coin market cap).  Coinmarket cap only shows whole numbers on the BTC volumes, not fractions.  You can switch to $USD view with a click.  Freicoin and IOcoin also had low enough volume to show 0 BTC.

The highest volume exchange BTER has not updated to the new client yet so trading volume will be low.  Also coinmarketcap does't include volumes from the other exchange Coinex.

I'm not sure why low trading volume is worth coming in here and screaming with bold giant font that this coin is "dangerous".

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/captchadd-is-very-likely-the-owner-of-scryptasicorg-scam-312714
Activity: 238
This coin is dangerous !!! Based on http://coinmarketcap.com, trading volume is 0 BTC !!! WOW, amazing. While somebody was intentionally making some dips so that it looks getting some potential boosting. Be cautious !!!!

I'm not sure what your point is, but maybe you understand what fractions are.  This coin has a low volume of trading that is true.  It was less than 1 BTC ($297 also according to coin market cap).  Coinmarket cap only shows whole numbers on the BTC volumes, not fractions.  You can switch to $USD view with a click.  Freicoin and IOcoin also had low enough volume to show 0 BTC.

The highest volume exchange BTER has not updated to the new client yet so trading volume will be low.  Also coinmarketcap does't include volumes from the other exchange Coinex.

I'm not sure why low trading volume is worth coming in here and screaming with bold giant font that this coin is "dangerous".
Activity: 150
If out of sync it could be the difficulty is high due to massive network hash rate so taking a while to find the next block, the diff will drop a lot after this to try and keep it at 5 minute blocks.

The faucet is on the website, link in the menu bar.

Also if you have not done please add the seed node listed in the OP.

Extremecoins main forum Cryptocointalk.com allows giveaways still, I am sure.

Myself and loads of users have asked cryptsy why have they not added EXC but they just don't respond.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Wassup?
Nice project. I downloaded it but it says "Out of Sync". Does it auto download or I have to go in the options?
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
This is all looking good - now we need get generate some media buzz around EXC to get people investing and mining.

• A good starting point may be a website overhaul (drop the black theme?) combined with an increase in twitter presence perhaps?
  • Give away threads are now outlawed on BCT, does EXC have any faucets?
  • What is the current status of EXC in relation to Cryptsy? Have they outright said no that wont add it or have they just not responded to add requests?

Well it looks like it will sort itself out at least.

Yes, it seems to have merged back together, with the chain carrying on with the pools fork. Not surprising really as that is the only pool at the moment.

The network hash rate is as high now as it was back when it was 200 a block.
Well it looks like it will sort itself out at least.

CoinEx is on a different fork than the block explorer and seed node.   

Totally right, they even asked for the seednode and I gave them it.

The blockchain has now synced to their pool and the seednode has reverted back to it.

Have a few generated not accepted in my client now.

This is the problem of having just one main pool.
CoinEx is on a different fork than the block explorer and seed node.   
Yes it was suppose to fork, as 1.4 has a new difficulty retarget method, the old one kept making the difficulty go stupidly high.

CoinEX has emailed me back and they have upgraded to 1.4, same with CoinWarz, just waiting to hear back from BTER.com.
Activity: 308
I think it forked.    CoinEx pool is only on block 22039,  block explorer and CaptChadd's node have 22437 blocks
Activity: 151
Extremecoin #1 on CoinWarz with diff @ 0.0313  Shocked
Activity: 476
moOo
Pages:
Jump to: