Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 300. (Read 2115876 times)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
The market seems to be growing as when we visited 260k the 30th. There we saw some 350-400K FCT on sell walls and some 1000 BTC in buy walls. These last few days we've seen the buy side increase to around 600 BTC on Polo.

I think we've seen an increase of FCT on the sell side since people are trying to make it look "bearish" to accumulate at lower levels however the buy side has also increased and it's becoming increasingly hard to contain FCT at predictable levels to play ping pong with it. We're very close to M2 and the code for anchoring into Ethereum seems to have been completed today https://github.com/FactomProject/EthereumAPI and we could hear a new valuation of the Factom network from VCs any day now. So well it's bubbling. I think people prefer putting up fake sell walls to bring down the price to create another wave over shorting for these reasons.. a short right now is frigging dangerous but a long rewards the patient investor. My 2 cents.

Notice too, that even though the sell side is increasing, no sell orders are anywhere below 400k (only 160k out of 460k). There has been more FCT sell pressure below 300k when the buys were only 200-300 btc. This price won't hold for long, even before M2 release i think it will rise steady. The higher it gets before M2, then the higher the eventual floor will be. I can't see FCT under 500k once M2 is released and the inevitable pump/dump is over.

This is big time over optimistic but who knows, might be possible after all. I see all of you expect M2 to be finally announced very, very soon, even before the end of this week. Let s see how good you re at forecasting.

You take this all too seriously.  Nobody is forecasting.  They are only optimistic guesses.  I still don't understand why you are still here when you seem to be so negative about Factom.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
The market seems to be growing as when we visited 260k the 30th. There we saw some 350-400K FCT on sell walls and some 1000 BTC in buy walls. These last few days we've seen the buy side increase to around 600 BTC on Polo.

I think we've seen an increase of FCT on the sell side since people are trying to make it look "bearish" to accumulate at lower levels however the buy side has also increased and it's becoming increasingly hard to contain FCT at predictable levels to play ping pong with it. We're very close to M2 and the code for anchoring into Ethereum seems to have been completed today https://github.com/FactomProject/EthereumAPI and we could hear a new valuation of the Factom network from VCs any day now. So well it's bubbling. I think people prefer putting up fake sell walls to bring down the price to create another wave over shorting for these reasons.. a short right now is frigging dangerous but a long rewards the patient investor. My 2 cents.

Notice too, that even though the sell side is increasing, no sell orders are anywhere below 400k (only 160k out of 460k). There has been more FCT sell pressure below 300k when the buys were only 200-300 btc. This price won't hold for long, even before M2 release i think it will rise steady. The higher it gets before M2, then the higher the eventual floor will be. I can't see FCT under 500k once M2 is released and the inevitable pump/dump is over.

This is big time over optimistic but who knows, might be possible after all. I see all of you expect M2 to be finally announced very, very soon, even before the end of this week. Let s see how good you re at forecasting.
legendary
Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

You nailed it man, imo. Nice analysis.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

Latest update on github today indicates they just finished the api. Cool stuff

Not to jump the gun, but this would suggest M2's release is approaching? API would be one of the final steps, right?

Don't have a clue. Thought I did but who knows. Only Factom knows.

It does look like development has slowed down. Perhaps they are now working on the marketing plan but again who knows.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Not to jump the gun, but this would suggest M2's release is approaching? API would be one of the final steps, right?

I'm predicting a Friday release.

Yeah interesting...
Def watching close now.
legendary

I'm predicting a Friday release.

https://github.com/FactomProject/EthereumAPI

"Factom uses anchors (hashes embedded into blockchains) to allow cryptographic proofs of data in Factom from those blockchains. Furthermore, the administrative overhead (factoids, entry credit accounting) is segregated from the data in Factom. So those data proofs strip off all that;the proofs are just your data.

We will be supporting Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other chains. This allows a Bitcoin based application to access proofs to the same data as an Ethereum application.

Ethereum can certainly notarize data, but it is optimized for compute, and doesn't interface with other chains. One can write smart contracts on Factom, but factom is optimized for data; Factom has no native scripting language.

Hope this helps."

- Paul Snow

SOURCE: https://m.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4lb6n4/ethereum_factom_insight_appreciated/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Ethtrader+(EthTrader)

1.4 TRILLION DOLLAR POTENTIAL FACTOM USE CASE: https://youtu.be/7xseZ-Veg4k

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
https://github.com/FactomProject/EthereumAPI

"Factom uses anchors (hashes embedded into blockchains) to allow cryptographic proofs of data in Factom from those blockchains. Furthermore, the administrative overhead (factoids, entry credit accounting) is segregated from the data in Factom. So those data proofs strip off all that;the proofs are just your data.

We will be supporting Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other chains. This allows a Bitcoin based application to access proofs to the same data as an Ethereum application.

Ethereum can certainly notarize data, but it is optimized for compute, and doesn't interface with other chains. One can write smart contracts on Factom, but factom is optimized for data; Factom has no native scripting language.

Hope this helps."

- Paul Snow

SOURCE: https://m.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4lb6n4/ethereum_factom_insight_appreciated/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Ethtrader+(EthTrader)

1.4 TRILLION DOLLAR POTENTIAL FACTOM USE CASE: https://youtu.be/7xseZ-Veg4k
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
How long has it been since Factom has seen any real price growth? 4 months?
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
On Steemit:

An Introduction to Factom
https://steemit.com/investing/@modernbuddha/an-introduction-to-factom

It's nothing new for those who know Factom and the Ann-Post is more informative.
But what I think is interesting - one comment below:

(...) Their mission would solve lots of problems. I come from a financial background (CPA/external auditor) and I hated 'verifying' every damn thing the client gave me!
Posted today on Coindesk - US Department of Homeland Security Talks Blockchain R&D

In the case of Factom, John said that blockchain could play a role in helping the DHS build an "identity" for machines and devices, which he framed as a way to extend the agency’s monitoring services as more devices become connected in the coming years.

"The Factom piece is more along the line of these devices exist, but how do we build a picture of the identity of this device over time? The blockchain could be the catalyst that allow us to document the changes," he said.

http://www.coindesk.com/department-of-homeland-security-blockchain/

Brian is a rockstar in my books. His replies are always on target, he is active in this forum and sincerely cares about the future of Factom and blockchain tech in general.  To be honest the entire team is very impressive.

+1. Brian and the team really are outstanding.
legendary

I think Factom should have a slack channel...   Smiley

No.  I hate slack.  It is against my religion.  (Which is based entirely on being against slack.)

lol, maybe that's the reason Factom doesn't have slack, as they are in the same church as you.

The OP has the majority of social media communication, except slack...  Oh well, how about an IRC channel?   Roll Eyes

Yes.  I have seen some of them there.  We don't speak of IRC it along with Slack and Facebook Messenger comprise the unholy trinity.
Activity: 386

No.  I hate slack.  It is against my religion.  (Which is based entirely on being against slack.)

lol, maybe that's the reason Factom doesn't have slack, as they are in the same church as you.

The OP has the majority of social media communication, except slack...  Oh well, how about an IRC channel?   Roll Eyes
legendary

Activity: 386

Jump to: