Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 343. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Could anyone confirm if I get this right: I could use Factom block chain for making entries just by purchasing Entry Credits and I wouldn't need Factoids to do that. Is it correct?
You can buy Entry Credits directly so that you never have to "touch" a Factoid.  But the store you buy the EC's at is using Factoids to get Entry Credits.  So even if YOU bypass Factoids, they are still used by the store.  The store simplifies the process which is quite brilliant and should increase adoption.
Activity: 854
3.7 is out.  Looks like they finally tracked down the china firewall bug.

Block explorer stuck for anyone else?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
Could anyone confirm if I get this right: I could use Factom block chain for making entries just by purchasing Entry Credits and I wouldn't need Factoids to do that. Is it correct?
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
From the FAQ:

"What if Factom is being used to record a series of events, and an event is recorded incorrectly? How do I fix that?

Factom reflects the way the real world works. An incorrect record can be updated with a new entry in the same chain. Pretty much any mitigation technique for errors used today would work in Factom… That is, except for changing historical journals. Factom doesn’t support denial a denial that an error occurred or a denial that an error was fixed."

Not sure what the bolded is trying to say.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/pathelland/2007/06/14/accountants-dont-use-erasers/
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
From the FAQ:

"What if Factom is being used to record a series of events, and an event is recorded incorrectly? How do I fix that?

Factom reflects the way the real world works. An incorrect record can be updated with a new entry in the same chain. Pretty much any mitigation technique for errors used today would work in Factom… That is, except for changing historical journals. Factom doesn’t support denial a denial that an error occurred or a denial that an error was fixed."

Not sure what the bolded is trying to say.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Can we say carnage. Great time to buy.

Haha, this is one man job. At certain times, there were blocks of 30k Factom being dumped. Only 1 person I know of and visits this forum s got that amount of coins to dump. Not that it matters.

Thats fine they are selling at the lows, smart money has absorbed most of the impatient sellers if they want back in they likely will have to pay higher.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
yes, the price is getting smashed right now
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Can we say carnage. Great time to buy.

Haha, this is one man job. At certain times, there were blocks of 30k Factom being dumped. Only 1 person I know of and visits this forum s got that amount of coins to dump. Not that it matters.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
Blockchain Applications Beyond the Financial Services Industry

(...)

Blockchain and data management
Factom is one of the most notable blockchain companies applying distributed ledger to the non-financial market – in this case, data management. The company uses blockchain-based identity ledgers in database management and data analytics to support various applications. Businesses and governments can use Factom to simplify records management, record business processes, and address security and compliance issues. Factom maintains a permanent, time-stamped record of data in the blockchain that allows companies to reduce the cost and complexity of conducting audits, managing records, and complying with government regulations.

(...)

http://letstalkpayments.com/blockchain-applications-beyond-the-financial-services-industry/?utm_source=linkedin&utm_medium=linkedin&utm_campaign=linkedin
legendary
Weak hands never make any money. We we seen this situation tons of times by now.
Activity: 419
Nice price today. I wonder when will polo stop dumping... ?
legendary

Thanks for updating us on something none of us care about.  Now could you update us on what all of us care about?  The status of milestone 2 development?

Work in progress, including a lot of testing and bug fixing then more testing and bug fixing. Then repeat until we are ready to deliver.

Well, this is something. Please make sure you inform the community on a regular basis. Posting once a week should not be a problem. You do say u re happy having this community so pls act accordingly.
Activity: 251

Thanks for updating us on something none of us care about.  Now could you update us on what all of us care about?  The status of milestone 2 development?

Work in progress, including a lot of testing and bug fixing then more testing and bug fixing. Then repeat until we are ready to deliver.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Dear all, after an unexpected move of our thread to Altcoins/Announcements we have finally managed to move back to our original location.
We want to make sure that Factom or Factoids are not seen as an altcoin because it is not.
Of course FCT is a tradable token but its intended use is to allow to get access to the Factom network by being converted to Entry Credits.

On the other end Factom currently relies on the Bitcoin blockchain to anchor its data so we believe Project Development is the best place for this thread.
Thanks for your continued support, we are happy to have you with us.

Activity: 251
Dear all, after an unexpected move of our thread to Altcoins/Announcements we have finally managed to move back to our original location.
We want to make sure that Factom or Factoids are not seen as an altcoin because it is not.
Of course FCT is a tradable token but its intended use is to allow to get access to the Factom network by being converted to Entry Credits.

On the other end Factom currently relies on the Bitcoin blockchain to anchor its data so we believe Project Development is the best place for this thread.
Thanks for your continued support, we are happy to have you with us.
legendary
Activity: 924
Yep, I see it the same way. There will be and there already are competitors but Factom is on top. Plus: With some of those who are in the same area even partnerships could make sense.

In a funny but very definite way, competition benefits all the major players because the sight of competition springing up all over the place implies that there's a big industry a'bornin'. Horseless carriages and computers: two examples from the long-ago past.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

hardly, they do not have a working product yet, just the idea. Factom is almost at milestone 2 and does China (notary) and Honduras (land title). So...Factom is making a dent

Yep, I see it the same way. There will be and there already are competitors but Factom is on top. Plus: With some of those who are in the same area even partnerships could make sense.
Activity: 508
Merit: 500

hardly, they do not have a working product yet, just the idea. Factom is almost at milestone 2 and does China (notary) and Honduras (land title). So...Factom is making a dent
Activity: 784
legendary
Would love to get a copy of the project gant chart for factom. Every successful project has a gant chart with timelines. Factom can't be the exception given the huge team of pros and businesses backing it. Hmmm.

Also, I wonder if M2 will come out before or after July 11th, 2016.... Makes you want to go hmmm.

The deadline was end of Q1. We ve been told there s a small extension of this deadline. There s no way this extension can last 3 months. Fuck that.
Jump to: