Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 349. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Agree this is huge for BTC and all Cryptos because of transparency and trace-ability.
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
Agreed! FACTOM is meant exactly to stop this sort of issue! Panama Papers are a gigantic leak, fireworks incoming soon.

The leaked files show the firm regularly offered to backdate documents to help its clients gain advantage in their financial affairs

Thanks!  I hadn't noticed this.  I am also working on a blogpost about trusted timestamping as a possible motivator for Bitcoin.  I will use this as an example of the failures of trusted timestamping.

You're welcome.  I doubled my position in Factom after reading that.  I believe as the magnitude of the fraud and corruption are shown via the Panama Papers, people will come to understand the importance of having auditable, verifiable documents and Factom will lead the way in that regard.  I hope your marketing team seizes upon this opportunity.  At the very least, a video would be useful.

I look forward to your blog post.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
The leaked files show the firm regularly offered to backdate documents to help its clients gain advantage in their financial affairs

Thanks!  I hadn't noticed this.  I am also working on a blogpost about trusted timestamping as a possible motivator for Bitcoin.  I will use this as an example of the failures of trusted timestamping.

You're welcome.  I doubled my position in Factom after reading that.  I believe as the magnitude of the fraud and corruption are shown via the Panama Papers, people will come to understand the importance of having auditable, verifiable documents and Factom will lead the way in that regard.  I hope your marketing team seizes upon this opportunity.  At the very least, a video would be useful.

I look forward to your blog post.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Activity: 854
Have you guys heard about the, "Panama Papers" yet?  Well, once the world begins to digest this, it will be HUGE for Factom.  Why?

"The leaked files show the firm regularly offered to backdate documents to help its clients gain advantage in their financial affairs. It was so common that in 2007 an email exchange shows firm employees talking about establishing a price structure - clients would pay $8.75 for each month farther back in time that a corporate document would be backdated."

Source: http://panamapapers.sueddeutsche.de/articles/56febff0a1bb8d3c3495adf4/

The world is going to begin to demand that documents not be able to be backdated.  And they will turn to Factom.

This is going to be HUGE for Factom.
legendary
Activity: 924
Hey Everyone: Have a look at this, and please look at the embedded videos:

"Distributed Ledger Visible To All? Ready for Blockchain?" It's posted in HuffPo Business.

Okay, Factom was not mentioned. But articles like these clearly show that "blockchain" is making the long march through the business media.  Grin  Items like the one above are paving the way for Factom to get some mainstream press of it own in the good-demographic business press.

If you're a little depressed about FCT's price, just read the above and think of the long game!
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

If it would be true that somebody would have factomized the missing minutes of the Nixon-records and if it would be possible to decode it into a soundformat, it would be a HUGE story. In some days everybody with access to a newspaper would know about it and Factom, and everybody would like to know who did it.

The 18½ minute gap
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_White_House_tapes#The_18.C2.BD_minute_gap

So, I think it would be good. Factom would be in the news like a new kind of Wikileaks.

But I don't believe that this record even exists. I believe it was deleted without a back up and as I said: Yesterday was April 1. ;-)

I need a little help with Factom wallet.
I installed the deb package on my Linux (Ubuntu) machine. I run factomd and fctwallet as described here https://www.factom.com/howto/binaries-install-guide/
The terminal of fctwallet shows "2016/04/02 16:10:52 web.go serving localhost:8089". When I access localhost:8089 via my browser then I get a website saying "Page not found".
What did I do wrong? Thanks for help!

fctwallet is for API access.  You would use it for programmatic access to the wallet.  if you want to have GUI access, run walletapp instead.  fctwallet and walletapp cannot be run at the same time.

see these directions too: https://www.factom.com/howto/factoid-wallet-gui-guide/
Does anyone know, if it is possible to set a password in the gui-client? I can't find it.

There are 2 ways to protect your wallet.

1) use file encryption for the factoid_wallet_bolt.db file.  Here are some successors to the defunct truecrypt, which would have been a good option: https://www.maketecheasier.com/truecrypt-alternatives/

wallet passwords and file encryption will only protect against casual attackers.  If a hacker really wants your private keys, they will wait until you type in your password, then will get it.

2) To store for the long term with the best security use a paper wallet.  https://www.factom.com/howto/factoidpapermill/
x13
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Things are called shit for a reason, dear.
I need a little help with Factom wallet.
I installed the deb package on my Linux (Ubuntu) machine. I run factomd and fctwallet as described here https://www.factom.com/howto/binaries-install-guide/
The terminal of fctwallet shows "2016/04/02 16:10:52 web.go serving localhost:8089". When I access localhost:8089 via my browser then I get a website saying "Page not found".
What did I do wrong? Thanks for help!
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Does anyone know, if it is possible to set a password in the gui-client? I can't find it.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
It seems to be a slow crypto weekend.
Activity: 200
Merit: 250
@seok436
Don't worry  Grin "There is no such thing as bad publicity. "

EDIT How are things with Milestone 2?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi,

I just want to say one thing to this. I followed it here, and I really had to laugh, because the only thing I see here is, that are many dump/pump peolple abusing this forum to manipulate people!

Analizing all facts, real big investors can come only to the conclusion that when they want to invest in Factom, they do it now, because the price will never be as cheap as now. And I'm talking about real big Investors ;-)

When there is a believe in one thing, we believe in it not only for a second, or a minute, we are now absolutely convinced of it to believe in it for ever !

Let's see guys  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

Who is this and why would we trust anything he says?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
hope so, has been in the same range of price for quite sometimes now
legendary
Activity: 1764

This is one confirmation of some rumor that I received that FCT will go sky high again this april. Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Increasing the EC/FCT exchange rate drives the price up, not down. Factoids will be worth more Entry Credits, each of which is worth $0.001

What additional value Factoid provide beyond being burnt for EC's?

Not trolling at all, just trying to understand what actually will support the Factoid price, if EC supply per burnt Factoid increases together with the price.
Jump to: