Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 366. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 608
Merit: 100
not against positive projections, but why do you need to keep pushing now, in this week, and praise the high volume as well, when
the later is a rather negative thing right now / irrelevant from a long term perspective. Have a nice day.

Edit:  @flashbit, yes in part it starts feeling a stretch, will check to replace some of my lines with references to previous posts, more likely to happen when conversation is chopped/spread over pages by trolls celebrating the volume
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I looked now their old post. Price FCT is ahead of schedule. In late January 2016, I had expected that we will see the price of $3 per FCT coin only after the release of Milestone2, but it turned out that we have seen before. This makes me happy.

"...I think that in the near future after completion of work on Milestone2 we will see $3 per FCT coin , after completion of work Milestone3 cost will rise to $5-$6 dollars per FCT coin, well before the end of the year we should see the cost $9-$10 per FCT coin..."
January 25, 2016, 02:59:25 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13672843
Yes, it made it easier to pump extreme prices  on Poloniex and to trigger forced liquidations causing more artificial peaks
Hypothetically everyone could read the  notication by the exchange but only the exchange could decide the exact dates to pause and resume putting them in a powerful/critical position obviously. Single Investors would make a rise in price but not cause such volume. Crazy volume is unsustainable, the exchange taking 0.25% fees would soon own most of the currency.
Activity: 350
Very pleased with the fact that China has again taken a leading position in the trade FCT and is a big difference in price between the exchanges disappeared and that now the price goes up smoothly FCT increasing trading volumes.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

Why would pausing withdrawals on yuanbaohui make the price skyrocket that much? I think it's a coincidence. More likely, some whales connected to or knowledgeable of whatever they're doing in China just jumped in... people sometimes learn about news slowly, or are aware of news that we the public aren't yet
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.
is there an existing factom signature block for bitcointalk?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
http://i.imgur.com/JCZRTp1.png
 - this week though is pump&dump without specific new news

- most of Yuanbaohui's volume is from pump&dump coins
 - dangerously high price. Crowdsale in April on koinify was well advertised and price ~ $0.11 per Factoid

When you speak of pump&dump you hate yourself don't ya? Selling for short-term profit when the long term investors got rewarded.   Kiss

- this week though is pump&dump without specific new news

- most of Yuanbaohui's volume is from pump&dump coins
 - dangerously high price. Crowdsale in April on koinify was well advertised and price ~ $0.11 per Factoid

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/factom-signs-smart-city-deal-roll-out-blockchain-verification-across-china-1542059    http://www.isoftstone.com try to click on chinese
", which it says offers "28,000 books on the blockchain with only four hashes".
 (Author did understand factom? Why they keep mentioning this example, because people don't know collections/databases can be verified through a hash just like tiny files?)

Wondering why factom.com wants to provide storage (of hashes) for unlimited time, with no recurring fee,
when data will get more than existing blockchains easily.

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
Can anyone explain to me the buzz around Factom?

Over the time there were a lot of good news, so Factom got more and more attention. Azure, yuanbaohui, the partnerships in China etc., and Milestone 2 will come soon. And, some days ago there was this information in one article:

„Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin’s fund Fenbushi was an early investor in Factom.“
http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/interview/factom-ceo-blockchain-based-transparent-mortgages-can-restore-trust-in-markets/

And my personal theory is, that this info brought the attention of Ethereum-Margin-Traders to Factom. I watched it the last days, the lending etc. I didn't watch it the time before but I believe that Margin-Trading is the reason for the extremely high volume the last days (it's all-time-high-volume).

It was clearly the reason for the dumping today back to 600k. Nearly no Factoids were left as loans and the interest rate was > 1.5% (which is very high - at the moment 0.1%) for some hours.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Can anyone explain to me the buzz around Factom?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Factom got hurt today and soon we'll hear from people losing a ton of coins because of the FCT pump. Anything too good to be true IS too good.

If ppl lose coins because it's shorted they should take a look into the mirror. It's their own responsibility. Nobody needs to sell because of that. I don't give much on those up's and down's, I'm in for the longterm. And by the way: >100% in just 1 week. No reason to complain about the price. When I bought my first Factoids I would have never expected to see that high prices so soon.

Yup, bought in april 2015 and still holding... Trend is looking good, don't care about daytrading...
legendary
Factom got hurt today and soon we'll hear from people losing a ton of coins because of the FCT pump. Anything too good to be true IS too good.

If ppl lose coins because it's shorted they should take a look into the mirror. It's their own responsibility. Nobody needs to sell because of that. I don't give much on those up's and down's, I'm in for the longterm. And by the way: >100% in just 1 week. No reason to complain about the price. When I bought my first Factoids I would have never expected to see that high prices so soon.
Activity: 448
legendary
how many coins should be created, and when the end of the mining of coins? Why not write about it in the  theme?

It's often written about. Until Milestone 3 there will be no inflation. When Milestone 3 will be finished there will be 10% inflation per year (of initial supply), which will be nearly exact 73,000 FCT's per month. At the same time the use of the system will consume Factoids. That means: The more the system is used, the more FCT's will be converted into Entry Credits and that will increase the price - the opposite is also true. Little use of the system would bring pressure on the price.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
how many coins should be created, and when the end of the mining of coins? Why not write about it in the  theme?

Cause there s no mining at all and the amount of coins is not increasing at all, at least for now. So currently 0% inflation.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 253
Margin Trader
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Hey guys. Are there any posts that you know of to try to value Factom (Factoids)?
All of these new technologies seem in right now but I'm just trying to diversify a small % of my BTC into alts (as a hedge, as promising new tech, etc.) but it is tough to know
what can really be profitable AND useful. No doubt there is a place for many of these alts but as far as value, that is a tough one.

Thanks in advance,
Its about sharing

What do yoy meant try to value Factom? As if what will the price be?

If we would know that, eh, if you would only know that....

Well, if we look at BTC we can say it is (maybe): a store of value, payment network, back end for ownership (stocks, etc.), hedge against fiat, etc.
If we look at Factom we see what? Primarily it is a form of a layer designed to build up on with data (via hashes I think)? So, I'm just
trying to have some understanding of that market here. Of course it has been spoken about but I am a bit late here, hence my post asking
for pointers.

IAS
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Hey guys. Are there any posts that you know of to try to value Factom (Factoids)?
All of these new technologies seem in right now but I'm just trying to diversify a small % of my BTC into alts (as a hedge, as promising new tech, etc.) but it is tough to know
what can really be profitable AND useful. No doubt there is a place for many of these alts but as far as value, that is a tough one.

Thanks in advance,
Its about sharing

What do yoy meant try to value Factom? As if what will the price be?

If we would know that, eh, if you would only know that....
Activity: 449
don t touch my Bits
FCT over 0.008 now  Grin

Down to a little below 0.008 as I write this. To be honest, that's good for my nerves! (Go figure...)

Already 0.00825 and will soon see 0.01. Wait. Wink

Can't win 'em all. Wink

But I am HODLing, still. No plans to sell!
“When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.”― Confucius

same here holding
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

Thanks in advance,
Its about sharing
Jump to: