Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 362. (Read 2115876 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
There is one thing that i dont understand yet, now every block has a avarage of 100 EC a block right ?

On the website they sell entry coins for $20 every 1000 EC meaning 100 EC are around 1 FCT, shouldnt be te
Deflation about 1 fct each block by now ? or is there some condition that they can use EC without a burn rate ?

Would like to hear about that factom!

Kind Regards,
Nick

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
Hello,

I bought factoid in Poloniex exchange.
I like move to factoids to FactoidPapermilll wallet cold FactoidPapermilll.

But i see in Poloniex this question:
Presale Import: 12-word Master Passphrase from Koinify

How can I move factoid to my wallet cold?
Can you Help me?
Thank you.

You can ignore the Presale-Import.

Just type in the amount you want to withdrawal in "Amount".

Than copy your address into the "Address". Double check it to be sure it's correct. If correct click on Withdraw FCT.

If you have enabled 2FA you have to type in the code and than you'll receive a Mail to confirm the withdrawal (just a click on the link in the mail).
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Hello,

Can you Help me?
Thank you.

It is not for you. It is only for those who bought factoids last year on the ICO.

Please read my previous posts on this forum, I have already said several times how to get their factoids with Polo exchange for cold storage. Use search on this forum please.

In short, simply create a new address and a secret key with the help of FactoidPapermilll and send a from Polo exchange (withdrawals) to that new address your factoids. There is no need to do anything.

"How To Use FactoidPapermill"
http://factom.org/howto#collapse-1-5
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Hello,

Can you Help me?
Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
The Factom team is not hyping, it's creating code, making a solid product and closing business deals. Price will follow.

When I bought into the ICO in 2015 it was clear this project would take at least a year to get some "lift off"
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Again speculators step in and bring the price down. I wonder would it better for people to stop buying Factom, reduce the price big time so these assholes move away somewhere else.

Speculators will always be, an integral part of the exchange. The only thing that raises the rate of FCT is within 2 weeks of the developers Factom finally finish testing Milestone2 and complete this work in the specified period of previous to the end of the 1st quarter of 2016. Now everything depends on the Factom developers, if it will keep their word, and to complete their work before the end of March and will launch Milestone2, if not, and developers Factom will delay the release of Milestone2, this would undermine the authority of Factom and adversely affect the course of FCT. Many will just be disappointed, many will simply sell FCT and go into Ethereum.
Factom developers time to think about it, that's enough stall for time, and so for a long time to test Milestone2, it's time to have him run it !!!

I disagree. People buy Factom cause they think it ll repeat Ether price jump. This is all based on speculation.

You know how many holders actually knows something about Factom and Milestones? Maybe 5%. Why is that? Cause dev team keeps us in the dark, marketing for their current and future holders is 0. Big time 0.
Damn, you and your posts are the main source of Factom info on this forum, number 1 crypto forum in the world.

All they do is say, we dont need to promote, we dont need to move thread where it s more visible, we re happy this way. Well, my friends in the dev team, I think its time tor realize it s not about you, it s about what Factom community wants. If you want to make Factom a successful project, you need to understand that customer/user/client is ALWAYS right.
Again speculators step in and bring the price down. I wonder would it better for people to stop buying Factom, reduce the price big time so these assholes move away somewhere else.

Speculators will always be, an integral part of the exchange. The only thing that raises the rate of FCT is within 2 weeks of the developers Factom finally finish testing Milestone2 and complete this work in the specified period of previous to the end of the 1st quarter of 2016. Now everything depends on the Factom developers, if it will keep their word, and to complete their work before the end of March and will launch Milestone2, if not, and developers Factom will delay the release of Milestone2, this would undermine the authority of Factom and adversely affect the course of FCT. Many will just be disappointed, many will simply sell FCT and go into Ethereum.
Factom developers time to think about it, that's enough stall for time, and so for a long time to test Milestone2, it's time to have him run it !!!
legendary
Hi
Can anyone help.
I created an address FA3iPBZBKpEENpfbmun2pFBj6LjaEGRF3DUs8y66RDHr2EHuYgxC and imported it in the GUI.
Sent a small amount in/out to test it all worked and it worked successfully.
The I sent 800 to the address a couple of days ago and they still don't show on my machine. Both the GUI and running
factom-cli balance fct FA3iPBZBKpEENpfbmun2pFBj6LjaEGRF3DUs8y66RDHr2EHuYgxC in the command line.
But if I look in the explorer it shows the 800 there?

How can I check if I'm up to date with the block chain? (or have I done something wrong?)
Is there anywhere online I can enter my address/key to transfer factoid out of that address?

Thanks in advance

Address: FA3iPBZBKpEENpfbmun2pFBj6LjaEGRF3DUs8y66RDHr2EHuYgxC
Balance: 800.68909200
http://explorer.factom.org/

If you do not show the balance in Web GUI wallet, you need to fully synchronize your Web GUI wallet, it now takes 3 hours (wallet must be opened, turned on, Factomd.exe and Walletapp.exe must be run) during this time that there was a complete synchronization. Once your Web GUI wallet is fully synchronized, you will see your current balance.
Factom Technical Analysis for 03/13/2016 – 0.0063 Turns Into Major Pivot Level.
http://themerkle.com/factom-technical-analysis-for-03132016/
legendary
So how is FACTOM handling the fact that ETH could do everything FACTOM was designed to do and could make it obsolete.

Or what new things can FACTOM offer that ETH cant, please enlighten me?

Factom is a general purpose data layer for storing application managed data. For Ethereum, Factom can provide information which can be used to drive contracts. Think of it as how you know what contracts to participate in, rather than how to implement a contract.

Factom will be anchored into Ethereum, as it is anchored into Bitcoin. This means an application that uses Ethereum can also use Factom without having to bring in the Bitcoin blockchain for validation.

You can implement Factom in nearly any blockchain. So yeah, you can implement Factom in Ethereum. However, Factom will be a lower cost solution for Data validation, and will enable cross blockchain information exchange (since anchors will be placed in multiple chains).

Paul Snow

You can easily implement Factom on Ethereum, but you should understand that such storage is significantly more expensive than Factom at least until Serenity.

The reason is that in Ethereum every node process every call and store every piece of data. Factom have quite efficient federated mechanism that makes storage cheaper without any validation possibility.

In order to solve that in Ethereum you can effectively use private chains such as Eris or Strato to store your data on your node and anchor this data in the main public chain. That is almost identical to how Factom do.

21xhipster
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
So how is FACTOM handling the fact that ETH could do everything FACTOM was designed to do and could make it obsolete.

Or what new things can FACTOM offer that ETH cant, please enlighten me?
legendary
I fully agree about Milestone 2. That being said, it would be crucial for the team to deliver Milestone 2 on time. It would be a very strong credibility boost and credibility and reputation s everything in crypto.
legendary
Good to see Factom will be working @ Ethereum chain too Smiley
http://themerkle.com/factom-plans-to-anchor-into-ethereum-blockchain/

This is just speculation right?  Huh

I'm not posting it to pump up the price, I think it won't do that anyway.

It's just a confirmation of what Paul Snow said earlier about using other blockchains for anchoring Factom data as a form of redundancy.

Factom is a long term project, milestone 2 should be ready soon (Q1, so only a few weeks). I expect reaching milestone 2 will do more for the value of FCT because that's a sign the project is moving forward.

People looking at GitHub on a regular basis already know it's moving forward, btw.

This is just speculation right?  Huh

While this is only the intentions, but sooner or later it will be implemented. You just have to wait. Smiley
Activity: 404
Merit: 500

This is just speculation right?  Huh
legendary
legendary
hello, guys, i saw at Russian news that Microsoft Store stopped to take bitcoins. Did you heard something about this? How it will influence at Factom price? 

http://forklog.com/wp-content/uploads/screenshot-windows.microsoft.com-2016-03-12-19-09-18.png

More FUD. As you can see it has not influenced Factom price at all. BTC price hasnt been affected either. Who cares about Microsoft, its not as if it was any major playor on the crypto scene so the damage might be purely from a marketing side.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
hello, guys, i saw at Russian news that Microsoft Store stopped to take bitcoins. Did you heard something about this? How it will influence at Factom price? 

http://forklog.com/wp-content/uploads/screenshot-windows.microsoft.com-2016-03-12-19-09-18.png
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
Looking to get in now, but hard to tell if it's going to fall or go all Etherium and push silly prices.....
Bad comparision probably   - Ethereum is a plattform including custom programming languages, which is more work/less likely to see competitors soon. - Factom is to connect proofs of files and their dates with the (bitcoin-)blockchain indirectly / more efficiently than simply proofofexistence.com and is researching for customers/scenarios that may need many such proofs commercially - yet there are 3 or 4 competitors working on technology for comparable purposes
Which are other competitors?

Tierion ist a competitor. But it's also different, not decentralized.
Jump to: