Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 452. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
I'd like to know a bit more about the 32 federated servers.  How is the required "user support" obtained which allows someone to run one of the federated servers?  How often are the federated servers re-assigned?

Once the blockchain is live, are there any options for storing Factoids besides on an exchange or with the non-GUI wallet?

Can anyone help with this?

Federated servers will be appointed by user's vote. You can find more info about that on our Consensus Mechanism Paper: https://github.com/FactomProject/FactomDocs/raw/master/FactomLedgerbyConsensus.pdf
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
I'd like to know a bit more about the 32 federated servers.  How is the required "user support" obtained which allows someone to run one of the federated servers?  How often are the federated servers re-assigned?

Once the blockchain is live, are there any options for storing Factoids besides on an exchange or with the non-GUI wallet?

Can anyone help with this?
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
Pm sent. Smiley lets use escrow
I have 8k factoids I would be willing to sell. I would give you the whole koinify account. PM me if interested, we can use a escrow.

Koinify account ties with an e-mail and how do you manage that?

It not only ties to an email, it also ties to a single master pass phrase. Regardless, there will always be two people who have access to that account.

Your master pass phrase (which is your wallet) is derived from your password; you can change your password all you want, but the original owner will always also know the pass phrase to your wallet. You can not change that.

If he manages to put the master pass phrase into the Factom wallet before you do, you loose your tokens. We highly recommend everybody to wait it out, the tokens will all be redeemable at the same time when the chain goes live.

Thank you for clarity answer. I will wait Koinify enable transferable. Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
@Cornett: Q3 according to the latest blog post. And yea it means after June.

Thanks. Will be exciting summer time
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
@Cornett: Q3 according to the latest blog post. And yea it means after June.
★ IT's Party Time! ★
I have 8k factoids I would be willing to sell. I would give you the whole koinify account. PM me if interested, we can use a escrow.

It not only ties to an email, it also ties to a single master pass phrase. Regardless, there will always be two people who have access to that account.

Your master pass phrase (which is your wallet) is derived from your password; you can change your password all you want, but the original owner will always also know the pass phrase to your wallet. You can not change that.

If he manages to put the master pass phrase into the Factom wallet before you do, you loose your tokens. We highly recommend everybody to wait it out, the tokens will all be redeemable at the same time when the chain goes live.

So when the chain will go live ? June?
Activity: 364

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
Has anyone seen https://bitpay.com/chaindb.pdf "ChainDB: A Peer-to-Peer Database System" and how it compares to the FACTOM way of doing it?
Proprietary? Centralized?
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Has anyone seen https://bitpay.com/chaindb.pdf "ChainDB: A Peer-to-Peer Database System" and how it compares to the FACTOM way of doing it?
Activity: 251

Be careful as you won't be able to change the passphrase either.
So 2 people will always know it, and with that 2 people being able to access the account on Koinify.

Beware.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Well now that a ton of funds has been raised, let's see what's next for Factom Smiley
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code

Activity: 173
Activity: 283
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
I want to sell this token. Please tell me how to do.
I would buy some.
★ IT's Party Time! ★

1. How much?
2. What price?
Activity: 481

You can't , it has not been released yet so there is nothing you could sell except your shares which unfortunately for you are tied to your koinify account.
Activity: 128
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
I'd like to know a bit more about the 32 federated servers.  How is the required "user support" obtained which allows someone to run one of the federated servers?  How often are the federated server re-assigned?

Jump to: