Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 467. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 432
Merit: 250
FACTOM? I barely knew 'em!
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
watching
Activity: 251

Omni Foundation Blog - November 9, 2014
FACTOM – SIMPLE YET CRITICAL TECHNOLOGY ON MASTER PROTOCOL

Is Factom still planning to use Omni/Master Protocol?

We are considering issuing tokens on Omni and Counterparty to be converted to Factoids on Factom at the end of the crowdsale.
We want to give our supporters more than one option to participate.
We're still exploring a lot of options. Full details to follow shortly.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Was looking for such a project since Zerocoin seems to be off work or at least I don't see any news on it .
Basically your project will be a .exe GUI ?? or a website ?  It would be nice if you can work with some wallet to implent this feature off-chain transactions on one the wallets directly (if It's possible of course , don't have a lot of programming knowledge )

there will be a designated wallet and front end.
and i like your idea of a local application for talking to the factom network, this is possible though I am not sure if this is planned for development.
Interesting project. Will there be an ICO/crowdsale? I wanna join it. Grin

There will be one in early 2015.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
following
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Interesting project. Will there be an ICO/crowdsale? I wanna join it. Grin
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

Omni Foundation Blog - November 9, 2014
FACTOM – SIMPLE YET CRITICAL TECHNOLOGY ON MASTER PROTOCOL

Is Factom still planning to use Omni/Master Protocol?
I like how big this project is thinking and how they are providing these massive use cases.  Bitcoin foundation should take note and start producing content that shows just how giant btc will be.

Feel free to send them a message here, it only takes a minute: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/contact/.
We will contact them too!  Smiley
Was looking for such a project since Zerocoin seems to be off work or at least I don't see any news on it .
Basically your project will be a .exe GUI ?? or a website ?  It would be nice if you can work with some wallet to implent this feature off-chain transactions on one the wallets directly (if It's possible of course , don't have a lot of programming knowledge )

I suggest you start with:

Read our WhitePaper
Checkout our Wiki and FAQ

If you have any more questions after that we will be here to answer them Wink
Activity: 378
Embrace change
I like how big this project is thinking and how they are providing these massive use cases.  Bitcoin foundation should take note and start producing content that shows just how giant btc will be.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
We've been working hard to spread Bitcoin to one country in particular, although due to the deal they made with Factom, I'm not sure Factom wants us to name that country's name, yet Tongue You'll probably see some other 2.0 applications being used by their government, soon, as well.

Yes we will announce our partnerships when we get closer to implementation.
We want to thank your for the help and assistance provided.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
We've been working hard to spread Bitcoin to one country in particular, although due to the deal they made with Factom, I'm not sure Factom wants us to name that country's name, yet Tongue You'll probably see some other 2.0 applications being used by their government, soon, as well.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
If you guys can pull that off with 2 countries I'm sure there will be more to follow suit!

I see more and more use cases for Factom, keep them coming guys!

Factom is definitely a 2.0 project to watch closely in 2015. We at Storj were looking at it when it was still called Notary Chains. Wink
Activity: 4
Just quoting Peter Kirby at Factom from Reddit:

"Factom is already in discussions with 2 countries about actually implementing title records on the blockchain. At the heart of the poverty problem is secure and legal property records".

That is awesome!  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
Well, their central banks certainly can't print more land. Not easily, anyways.
Factom Use Case: Unlocking $9 Trillion in Land Value

Watch how Factom can unlock $9 Trillion in Land Value in the developing world! Click below to view.

Activity: 4
So great to see such an open attitude between 2.0 projects. This is the right way to go about it.
Looking forward to 2015, it should be a very interesting year for the whole of the 2.0 space!  Grin
Yesterday shawn(super3) was talking about possibly using factom to verify data on storj network

Yes that's right, we are looking to integrate when both projects are able to scale up and nearing their respective public launches.

Storj doesn't believe in competition between different projects but in collaboration and integration. Ethereum, Factom, Maidsafe, etc, try to solve a different problem, each one its own, so for true decentralization (not only for cloud storage) there needs to be cooperation between all these very good ideas. Storj itself tries to be as modular as possible so it can be adapted to work with other parties.

Factom as well as Storj has an API which will allow everyone with the right skills to build apps and tools that leverage Factom.
We are also very happy to see other projects wanting to use us for their needs and we promote that.

As mentioned above please feel free to post your projects and ideas below and let's see how Factom can help you achieve you objectives!

Jump to: