Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 464. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
Paul Snow presenting at the Dubai Bitcoin Conference: a great video to watch to learn more about Factom.

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
This was a really insightful discussion led by Paul of Factom, discussing digitial identity and trust while also speaking humbly about Factom's origins as an identity service! Crucial watching for Factom-fans and would-be Factoid-owners- Their code is getting developed everyday (https://github.com/FactomProject/FactomCode) and just going through the tax documentation use case (https://github.com/FactomProject/FactomDocs/tree/master/examples/tax) is enough for me to see the real value they are trying to bring to the blockchain. Bravo guys!
Salon Talks: COINFEST 2015: Vanbex Edition! Synereo, Factom, Trustatom, Etherparty, Opalcoin

Factom talks at Decentral Vancouver Coinfest 2015 Hangout with very interesting guests discussing identity, decentralization, 2fA, etc.

Speakers
  • Clef - Brennen Byrne
  • Synereo - Greg Meredith
  • Factom - Paul Snow
  • Trustatom - Yurii Rashkovskii
  • Etherparty - Lisa Cheng
  • Opalcoin - Whit Jack

Great article on WSJ MoneyBeat today with a nice mention of Factom!

BitBeat: Dell Takes Bitcoin Into Canada, the U.K.

Factom keeps your tax returns safe!

Activity: 319
Merit: 10
Lets say I'm a company that paid to use factom.
Factom saves it's hashes to the bitcoin blockchain.
Bicoin fails.
I lose everything?

Factom could use any other blockchain but have chosen Bitcoin as it is the most widely used and most popular one.
If Bitcoin fails Factom can always switch to another blockchain, the metadata about your entries will still be in a Factom chain of its own and can be re-hashed.

that's awesome. thanks.
Bicoin fails.
I lose everything?

Factom could use any other blockchain but have chosen Bitcoin as it is the most widely used and most popular one.
If Bitcoin fails Factom can always switch to another blockchain, the metadata about your entries will still be in a Factom chain of its own and can be re-hashed.
Bicoin fails.
I lose everything?
An interesting use case for FACTOM would be hashing this forum or any forum in real-time providing a trusted record that is verifiable. With FACTOM you don't have to trust any forum operator about tampering with the database. It's great for business transactions and helps with evidence.

Yes it would be a good use case, it could be fun to put together too with: 10,359,068 Posts in 402,063 Topics by 422,475 Members Wink (at the time of writing)

Will add to our list of use cases. Feel free to come up with more, we'd like to hear what will you do with Factom?
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
An interesting use case for FACTOM would be hashing this forum or any forum in real-time providing a trusted record that is verifiable. With FACTOM you don't have to trust any forum operator about tampering with the database. It's great for business transactions and helps with evidence.
Did anyone else just realize the applicability of Factom to the Internet of Things? I'm almost done writing an article about it, and am surprised it isn't talked about more.

We do realize, we have been in talks with some industry players.
Thanks for mentioning it and looking forward to see your article.

Check it out! http://www.coinssource.com/blockchain-brings-internet-things/ Smiley

Thanks for sharing, we have added the article to our list of articles Wink
To Factom have some IPO or is that only protocol or something over bitcoin?

We will have a crowdsale soon, more details to be announced when we have finalized it.
Factom is a data layer for the Bitcoin blockchain. With Factom is really possible to build safer and more secure record keeping on a truly global scale.
There are three types of proof that allow Factom to do that:

• Proof of Existence: a document existed in this form at a certain time.
  • Proof of Process: a document existed and is linked to this new updated document.
  • Proof of Audit: an updated document can be verified to have changed according to a set of rules.

Read our WhitePaper
Read our Factom Consensus Mechanism Paper Draft, open for Public Review.
Activity: 64
To Factom have some IPO or is that only protocol or something over bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
Did anyone else just realize the applicability of Factom to the Internet of Things? I'm almost done writing an article about it, and am surprised it isn't talked about more.

We do realize, we have been in talks with some industry players.
Thanks for mentioning it and looking forward to see your article.

Check it out! http://www.coinssource.com/blockchain-brings-internet-things/ Smiley
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
Factom doesn't do anything. What's taking so long to release?

It's coming along - test net is in the works and the code is here: https://github.com/FactomProject/FactomCode

They have hashed the guternberg bible here as a demo for proof of existence: http://demo.factom.org:8087/sentry/c6a13c0be18440f3de7bfdebdd7e58c45b46b902d94b5f0aae073693e2c5f8f5

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

You are right, you should join and help them out..
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
Summary of all Factom announcements at TNABC today from Paul Snow:

The Factom Gutenberg Project Hashes as seen on the Factom Explorer.

Book Entry

This looks awesome, really happy to see that Factom is this far along
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
Rather than use your own tokens/entry credits, has there been research to see if side-chains would work for factom? If merge mined with bitcoin I imagine it could acquire a substantial amount of bitcoin's hashing power and it wouldn't have to worry about a whole new speculative token. The initial fundraising may be harder but Lighthouse and other sites may help.
Jump to: