Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FairQuark | FRQ | CPU Mining | 4% Fair Pre-mine | Get in NOW! | - page 19. (Read 85954 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
To take an analogy, mining is a bit like a dice roll, and matching difficulty means getting a roll below a certain number, on P2Pool you'll typically be in the following situation:

fairglu - thanks for the explanation. Very interesting and much appreciated.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
FairQuark Dice

Wagers from your country are not allowed.
This is a legal restriction, no exceptions, sorry.

well ... ok ...
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
bitcoinvest.cc
Mining right now  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032
PoloniEx

I kinda like poloniex btw, the site is clean, fast and convenient, there are far worse exchanges out there. The giveaways are a nice bonus Smiley

Since hitting poloniex FRQ has been stabilizing around 40 satoshi, with 75 million FRQ out there so far, it means a theoretical market cap of 30 BTC, or $25k.
There are about 3 million FRQ added every day, so the sell pressure is huge, even if only 10% of mined coins are sold that means 300k FRQ need to be bought at 40 satoshis every day to maintain price, it means 0.12 BTC have to be injected every day.

In other news

I more than doubled the limits at FairQuark Dice and added a x100 Prize address.

@FoodForThePoor nice paper wallet, but where in fb?
Activity: 11
Voted FRQ

Please remove this is the first topic After seeing Quark’s superior potential ruined with 98+% premine,
We decided to make a better, more fair alternative!
. That's not true. From the very first the mining quark
legendary
My hashrate isn't even registering on the pool anymore, even though I stil get "Yay's" from the miner.
If your hashrate isn't visible in the pool stats, then there is something wrong indeed.
But if you're still getting Yay's, if your hashrate is visible and you're just not getting payments, it could be an unlucky streak.

P2Pools measure share differently, your miner get low difficulty work so it can report its hashrate regularly, but you get an actual share only when you sold the actual pool difficulty.

To take an analogy, mining is a bit like a dice roll, and matching difficulty means getting a roll below a certain number, on P2Pool you'll typically be in the following situation:
  • actual pool shares require a roll below 5 (that's when your share is counted)
  • your worker is told you need a roll below 8 (that's when it will Yay!)
So if your worker rolls a 7, it'll Yay but the pool will only use it to update hashrate statistics. If your worker rolls a 3, then it'll Yay and the pool will update hashrate stats and count a share. No work is ever lost, but figuring actual share isn't obvious.

Also if difficulty suddenly ramp up, your worker will Yay as usual, but won't get any actual share.
Activity: 51
I stopped mining.

My hashrate isn't even registering on the pool anymore, even though I stil get "Yay's" from the miner.

That happened to me too, twice.  Not sure if it was a network delay or what but I kept mining then later on I wasn't getting Yay's I kept getting deposits into my wallet.

I almost quit because of my experiences with Galtcoin but kept on and have been very happy with Fairquark so far.
Activity: 18
Mining FRQ! +1 to get listed at Cryptsy.

Devs really look like they know what they're doing. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
I stopped mining.

Activity: 551
Merit: 500
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Poloniex is having a sweet FRQ giveaway atm Cheesy

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Hello,

You can now vote for FairQuark to be listed @ Cryptsy.com

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/75156
legendary
a) Source code added to github. This should have been made instantly after announce but amount of other needed actions and involvement was a surprise to us. https://github.com/jdgdredd/FairQuark
b) There is also new giveaway coming up soon on Poloniex for anybody to grab some FRQs free.
c) OSX wallet under work and coming soon.
d) ABE fork coming soon too as requested (keep an eye on same github account)
Great.

Another simple utility would be a paper wallet, just fork & adapt one of the existing ones.

Less simple but required in the long run would be a smartphone wallet, and much advertising/marketing.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Things are still rolling, even it might not show up much. Currently we are having conversations with couple exchanges and services about accepting FRQ.

That said: here's something more visible.

a) Source code added to github. This should have been made instantly after announce but amount of other needed actions and involvement was a surprise to us. https://github.com/jdgdredd/FairQuark

b) There is also new giveaway coming up soon on Poloniex for anybody to grab some FRQs free.
c) OSX wallet under work and coming soon.
d) ABE fork coming soon too as requested (keep an eye on same github account)

Oh and please shoot us some suggestions on what kind of simple utilities / services you would like to see. I'll look into vanitygen based on fairglus post.
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
Come on highly skilled and motivated finnish devs, we need to see and hear more from you!

Yes-). And make a good copy of the premine addresses. If devs are really higfly motivated finnish devs - it is absolutely normal to have funds for bounties, development and other stuff. In any other case-))) the procedure is already well-tested. But I'm nearly sure that devs are doing Mac wallet etc and working like crazy bees. Well...finnish bees.
legendary
Why not? Will be much higher if devs will act ok. If not - community will take over and still will be higher)))

A few simple tasks for the devs:
  • publish the sources in github
  • compile a Mac wallet
  • port some simple utilities (like vanitygen)

If they post the Abe fork source on github, I'd be ready to spend some time for a minimal CSS skin on it (current one is much ugly, look at doge's, such prettiness, wow).

Also in the longer term, some new logo and meaning for "FairQuark" will be necessary.
Come on highly skilled and motivated finnish devs, we need to see and hear more from you!
Activity: 551
Merit: 500
Lunux (Ubuntu 13.04): Manual for pool http://zcoins.org:9902/static/

wget http://zcoins.org/installFRQ
chmod +x installFRQ
./installFRQ
add in file startminerFRQ.sh your wallet address
./startminerFRQ.sh
Activity: 51
Yep...high today was 147, currently at 98.

Need Dev to poke his head around and the community to adopt it for useful purposes.

Activity: 490
Merit: 102
It reached 147 satoshis!  Shocked

Why not? Will be much higher if devs will act ok. If not - community will take over and still will be higher)))
Pages:
Jump to: