Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FairQuark | FRQ | CPU Mining | 4% Fair Pre-mine | Get in NOW! | - page 16. (Read 85926 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Voted and donated to their address...getting ready to put some FRQ up on eBay as well to help secure a base price if anyone's interested.

Surprised to FRQ beating out some of the other more established coins like ELP, FRK, BBQ, HBN...good signs.

Established =)))) that made me laugh. Those coins are considered established? With only the dev left holding the flag , or some guy that forget when to dump?

Ok true...I wouldn't call them "established"...but they have been around longer, are on major exchanges already, have larger user bases, and are still profitable either via mining or buying low and selling high.

I've made more from freaking AMC of all the dead crap coins than any other...hell even their website is just a redirect to amazon now.

I still like FRQ.  Wish we could get paper wallets, and more importantly either people dumping coins on ebay for it or an online market for goods being sold for FRQ.

Activity: 420
"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030
How about your solution? 

Introduce a signed Transaction ID as part of the protocol (same as other coins introduced signed messages as part of the protocol).

And how about you explain how fairkquark is doing those things differently? =))) As a clone that it is.

It isn't, hence why I wrote @FairQuark, I'm not the FairQuark dev.

The big btc guys will (eventually) get workarounds for this, but the myriads of smaller websites and services likely won't, the workarounds are just way more complex, and are just workarounds anyway.

Basically any coin service that gives you a transaction ID for a withdrawal before it has been confirmed by the network is very likely to be doing it wrong (like the MtGox guys), as the transaction could be confirmed by the network under a different ID.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
If you start to believe what MtHoax is saying , there there is no cure for you.
The links you gave don't address the problem. The Gox issue is one that all systems that rely on transaction IDs to keep track of withdrawals can face. Yes, they messed up by not finding the issue months earlier, but the issue is there.

There is no issue for individual wallets, but there are potential issue for other exchanges, pools, online wallets, and all system that keep track of funds outside the block-chain. I'm sure most of them out there rely on the transaction ID (just check their UIs, they all rely on and give unconfirmed TX IDs)

It means exchanges have to rediscover their transactions in the blockchain, and can't use centralized wallets for safe withdrawals, which in turns mean they either need to spam the block-chain with intermediate transfers (to have unique originating address to server as transaction ID ersatz) or issue transaction dust (tx ID ersatz again)

All solutions discussed in IRC are plain stupid (from non-technical headless chicken investors spouting nonsense because they're scared) or will result in further block-chain bloat (and the block chains are already bloating fast enough, thank you).

It's an opportunity to be innovative and avoid silly workarounds.

How about your solution? 
And how about you explain how fairkquark is doing those things differently? =))) As a clone that it is.

legendary
The links you gave don't address the problem. The Gox issue is one that all systems that rely on transaction IDs to keep track of withdrawals can face. Yes, they messed up by not finding the issue months earlier, but the issue is there.

There is no issue for individual wallets, but there are potential issue for other exchanges, pools, online wallets, and all system that keep track of funds outside the block-chain. I'm sure most of them out there rely on the transaction ID (just check their UIs, they all rely on and give unconfirmed TX IDs)

It means exchanges have to rediscover their transactions in the blockchain, and can't use centralized wallets for safe withdrawals, which in turns mean they either need to spam the block-chain with intermediate transfers (to have unique originating address to server as transaction ID ersatz) or issue transaction dust (tx ID ersatz again)

All solutions discussed in IRC are plain stupid (from non-technical headless chicken investors spouting nonsense because they're scared) or will result in further block-chain bloat (and the block chains are already bloating fast enough, thank you).

It's an opportunity to be innovative and avoid silly workarounds.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
FWIW @FairQuark, time to step on it and upgrade the wallet & protocol:

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20140210.html

significant bitcoin protocol flaw uncovered by mtgox, which affects exchanges and any service that relies on transaction IDs (which is, about just everyone)

The first coins that'll implement a safer transaction hash can reap the benefits, those that don't risk fading, as knowledge of the attack will spread, and altcoins will low hashrates and few exchanges will be obvious targets.

They fucked up with people money since April , they've fucked up with the coins for two months and now they suddenly find out that the culprit is the protocol.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x93tf/some_irc_chatter_about_what_is_going_on_at_mtgox/cf99yac

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1xieb9/keep_calm_transaction_malleability_is_not_double/
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
Think voting is working again. And yes - ebay idea sounds good, also more exchanges will be helpful for those who wants to sell now for the cheap price (may be 1.5 - 2 btc supply until 100 satoshi rate will be covered) we must help them to have remedy of such sufferings Smiley.
Same here i'm suddenly unable to vote...

That happened to me yesterday, but then later on I was able to vote.  Also emailed SwissCex and hit the Cryptsy topic too.  Let's get this on all the exchanges.

If a few people put some shares up on eBay too, that would be nice!  Get attention from people who aren't familiar with exchanges yet.  That's where I bought my first 100 qrk from lol when I was just learning about this stuff.
Activity: 434
Besides the fun of voting, is that site legit?

They seem to be mostly hot air and BTC addresses to "bribe" them right now, or did I miss something?

edit: hmm, and the voting page is broken, it claims about Chrome not supporting websockets... come on! when you can't get a voting page right, you've got much homework to do before you deliver a rock-solid exchange  Roll Eyes
Same here i'm suddenly unable to vote...
legendary
FWIW @FairQuark, time to step on it and upgrade the wallet & protocol:

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20140210.html

significant bitcoin protocol flaw uncovered by mtgox, which affects exchanges and any service that relies on transaction IDs (which is, about just everyone)

The first coins that'll implement a safer transaction hash can reap the benefits, those that don't risk fading, as knowledge of the attack will spread, and altcoins will low hashrates and few exchanges will be obvious targets.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
Voted and donated to their address...getting ready to put some FRQ up on eBay as well to help secure a base price if anyone's interested.

Surprised to FRQ beating out some of the other more established coins like ELP, FRK, BBQ, HBN...good signs.

Established =)))) that made me laugh. Those coins are considered established? With only the dev left holding the flag , or some guy that forget when to dump?
Well I think until we are not sending them any valuable money it is just fun.
legendary
Besides the fun of voting, is that site legit?

They seem to be mostly hot air and BTC addresses to "bribe" them right now, or did I miss something?

edit: hmm, and the voting page is broken, it claims about Chrome not supporting websockets... come on! when you can't get a voting page right, you've got much homework to do before you deliver a rock-solid exchange  Roll Eyes
Activity: 854
Merit: 510

Yes, if you are mining, trading and so on FRQ, please send them email to add the coin. It's a must. One can find email address on the voting page.

You can vote up to 10 times a day.   Just keep clicking the button.
Important to read the rules of voting. You have 10 votes etc. 24 hours to refresh IP.

Mining Fair Quark? Selling Fair Quark? Bought Fair Quark to have profit? Keeping Fair Quark to have big profits? Smiley

Anyway - go and vote here
http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

(It was just added after our community posts)

We do not need to win - just keep it with the Johne's ; Grin
Activity: 1
Merit: 100

Update the Faucet site:

• added list of recent donations to the faucet
  • added a statistics page with charts and stuff

So far 242 distinct IP addresses, and 171 distinct wallets for 491 drops total. While that's not bad, that's also not very high, I've got the same faucet code running for Potcoin, and the stats are ten times higher.

So more advertisement of FairQuark needed to spread the awareness  Wink

Nice one - just donated ...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I like how when he was talking about "4% fair premine" in slightly bad English, he bolded the word "FINNISH" so nobody would automatically think Russian.

Yes, if you are mining, trading and so on FRQ, please send them email to add the coin. It's a must. One can find email address on the voting page.
Pages:
Jump to: