Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FairQuark | FRQ | CPU Mining | 4% Fair Pre-mine | Get in NOW! | - page 18. (Read 85926 times)

legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030
Slapped together a

FairQuark Cloud Mining guide

It should apply directly to any cloud provider that supports Debian 7.

FWIW on a Digital Ocean droplet, I'm getting around 90 kH/s per core, and if you go with them, I suggest you make only 1 vCore droplets as described in the guide, otherwise you'll just waste dollars on RAM and storage.

With the coupon in the guide, you should be able to run 3 vCore for a full month for just $5, or 6 vCore for 15 days, etc.

If you expect the FairQuark difficulty to rise (and it doubled after poloniex), I suggest throwing more hash power now rather than in 15 days, but the choice is yours Wink

Activity: 490
Merit: 102
It could be said in less pathetic words. Just "do not scale down my old quark savings just go somewhere and die". No my friend.
Thank you for your input.
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
Do you deny it?  When people say it is too late to mine FruitQuark the last 4-5 posts in this thread have told them "that's why its so cheap...go BUY it instead then".  That's Quark 101.  Not saying it isn't true statement, but FairQuark should just be called CopyQuark since nothing about it is more fair than Quark, its just a rerun.

Meanwhile FoodforThePoor is still saying lies about premine/instamine of Quark so is he a dolt or a liar?...both are bad. 

If you believe Quark is instamined then 2x that timeframe is still instamined.  Only SecureCoin (SRC) and Cthulu (OFF) actually made a change to the distribution timeline when they cloned Quark.  For miners either of those two are 10000000x more fair.  Cthulu is still at the same release block reward of 5 and will be until March...someone starting mining now has it just as good as someone from 6 months ago.  So why are you not mining that...the truth is you early miners of FairQuark like that you have a shit-tonne more than the newbs, you don't care about fair at all.

FruitQuark is pathetic, even stealing its logo graphics from one of the entries from the quark logo contest.  Just so lame in every way, it is the least deserving crypto coin around, even VaginaCoin at least made up its own name and logo.
Sure Smiley. A bunch of blind hypocritical morons. Nice to see here revered ramshackle quark owners. I wonder if you could ease up a little, as there are some people without seat.

legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
It is funny to now see early FruitQuark miners make the same arguments as Quark miners did when FruitQuark claimed that Quark was unfair.  What a bunch of blind hypocritical morons.

Exactly...quit whining and start mining...if you can't mine sell stuff for it or buy low and sell high on the exchanges. 

[/quote]

Never understand such people. They can mine good, fair for everyone presenting on the market today, CPU, mining rig proof crypto... No, they are crying and will prefer to feed the miners buying shitcoin (personally I respect card miners, they are engine of the market, let they earn, that's ok). But this thread is 4 CPU owners. And it is up to you to decide either mine now or buy later. But do not cry afterwards that you have been cheated and it is not "fair". It is absolutely fair right now - tip, cpuminer, or another tip - 1 usd fiat can buy you A LOT of FRQ. 
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I disagree...if you want coin...sell stuff for it.  It's called crypto currency for a reason, a means to buy and sell goods and services...otherwise it would be called crypto investments.

Read the name of this coin,
Read the first page of this threads,

It is not fair that the main amount of the coin will be mined during the first year? Common' when did old quark started? 10 years ago? Can you mine it now? You can mine FRQ for the whole 2014, relax. And it will not be concentrated 95% in 3 wallets.

Exactly...quit whining and start mining...if you can't mine sell stuff for it or buy low and sell high on the exchanges. 

If you want FRQ quit complaining and start mining now, or sell me something...I have some FRQ to spend.

+1!
I disagree...if you want coin...sell stuff for it.  It's called crypto currency for a reason, a means to buy and sell goods and services...otherwise it would be called crypto investments.

It is not fair that the main amount of the coin will be mined during the first year? Common' when did old quark started? 10 years ago? Can you mine it now? You can mine FRQ for the whole 2014, relax. And it will not be concentrated 95% in 3 wallets.
I know what "fair"Quark means.  It's to give the miners a chance to get quark (well fairquark) before a 98% pre/insta mine like what supposedly happened with quark.  I'm just trying to point out that you can get coins via other means than mining and that it's called "Crypto Currency" for a reason.

Every coin has it's issues, either two few, too many, instamine/premine, no mining longevity, no user base, etc.

Another issue I see with all coins is too many speculative investors, get rich quick miners.  I'm looking to make profits to help food banks, but I also believe in crypto as an alternative for fiat currencies in the future.  The only way for that to gain ground is if more people buy/sell goods via crypto.

I like FRQ otherwise I wouldn't be here, I'd be over in the KARM threads or some of the other dozen coins launched in the past week, but it's getting old hearing all the miners who missed the first few days whine they can't get as many shares as those who started a day or two early.

If you want FRQ quit complaining and start mining now, or sell me something...I have some FRQ to spend.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Have A Nice Day

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Have A Nice Day
This looks interesting, but 247 million in the first year then 1 million annually? This gives a huge bias to early adopters and is somewhat similar to what happened with megacoin (I'm thinking of this article)
From the article:
It’s also important to point out that the reward structure of megacoin is disproportionately front-loaded. 50% of all coins are slated to be generated during the first 5 months. This makes it lucrative for all of its early supporters, but a poor prospect for anyone looking to get in later on. That might explain why the community is so fervent. They have a lot to gain – at your expense.

I think that is not fair ~ at least, as many as possible, miner should have a chance
Activity: 10
This looks interesting, but 247 million in the first year then 1 million annually? This gives a huge bias to early adopters and is somewhat similar to what happened with megacoin (I'm thinking of this article)
From the article:
It’s also important to point out that the reward structure of megacoin is disproportionately front-loaded. 50% of all coins are slated to be generated during the first 5 months. This makes it lucrative for all of its early supporters, but a poor prospect for anyone looking to get in later on. That might explain why the community is so fervent. They have a lot to gain – at your expense.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
We need more exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030
well ... ok ...
Well sorry  Undecided
While I think it unlikely to run on legal issues with FRQ bets, I live in a country where I could theoretically be held liable, so I'd rather not take risks for a few FRQ... Given the low house edge and low attendance, I don't expect any benefits, it's just a learning experiment.

FWIW the house funds show a loss of 900 FRQ, and everything can be checked in the blockchain as the addresses are static, and with the x100 bets, there is a non-negligible chance of someone breaking the bank - so yeah, experiment Wink
Pages:
Jump to: