Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS) - New Dev team: Fedoracoin Foundation - page 70. (Read 110960 times)

legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
May I suggest the following:

1. Update the Source code page and indicate this is a mandatory fork and specify which block number it took effect at.
2. Start a new Tips thread, use the existing graphics and explain why the fork was necessary.
3. Contact BTER and NOVA exchange and implore them to switch to the new wallet and block chain.
4. I've already contacted Yobit about a listing and I'll contact Alcurex - because for all we know BTER was in on the scam taking place in the old wallet
5. We can also contact Bleutrade - they're receptive to new coins.
6. Get the Windows Wallet done asap - there are people mining in my pool, but unless they can compile the linux code, they have no place to transfer their coins to.

any other ideas would be helpful because we now have a shiny new wallet and block chain that's not susceptibel to the Orphan hack, but no place to trade the coins.

We also need a Block Explorer and I can take the lead on getting that done right now.

However - I think a new Thread is the most important.

who want to take responsibility for some of these things?

thanks

Thanks for your suggestions and again thanks for your efforts and work put into bringing TIPS back on exchanges.

We can't update the old repo as only invisibel had access to it and he can't be reached. The new repo is up2date and I hope that either teillagory or testbug update the OP very soon.
Regarding the blocknumber this took effect: There is no hard number as I understood Ahmed, ACP kicks in when necessary, eventually causing a forge. The worst thing that owner of the old wallet can experience is getting onto a fork caused by the attacker.

That is something testbug and teillagory who maintain the OP should decide. There are currently already a bunch of TIPS threads, beginning a new one won't help the occasional users to find the right one (check how many post in the old threads). But I see your point of starting from scratch at this point.

As I understand this has been done already and NOVA even already listed TIPS.

I will poke halibit with a tiny stick to see if we can get him to trust the TIPS chain again. I am pretty sure Yobit wants somebody to cough up money first, but its definitely worth a try. I also do not count on BTER to update their wallet, their no-withdrawal policy got really suspect over time.

The more the better.

Agreed, we are trying hard, though the old wallet is still usable. It is most important that miners/pools and exchanges use the new version.

Regarding block explorers: we have actually two, but as it looks they have not updated to the new src yet. If you want to setup another one that certainly is highly welcome.

[Edit: to add reply re: BE]
legendary
精神分析的爸
As promised, here is an update on the qt-wallet:

I have added all existing TIPS logos to the new qt-wallet and set the wallet version to 2.0.0 everywhere. The qt-wallet builds fine on Debian 8 but since it requires qt5 it won't build on Debian 7.

If somebody is able to build for Windows, the repo is now ready for a builld I think.

Core hasn't changed, except it gives now also the proper version number, but that's really only cosmetic and doesn't affect operation.

Regarding exchanges: Thanks guys for all your efforts on notifying them and pushing them to install the new wallet. I will talk to halibit to see if we can get him back into the boat.
Has anybody notified Cryptopia btw?

Regarding the question on which block the change happened: According to Ahmed, both wallets use the same chain as long as there is no attack. As soon as an attack is seen, ACP should kick in and it might lead to a fork for those with the old wallet. Which I read as: Now the attacker can only convince the users of the old wallet to "ride" his chain, all users with the new wallet will not follow the attackers chain.

Again: Please update now to the new wallet from https://github.com/fedoracoin-dev/fedoracoin if you haven't done so yet!
If you can contribute a windows build, please do so. Ahmed is trying to find somebody but so far without success.
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
what is the other exchange?

Huh

Tips rise more since last year,A china group buy more,They do not trade in bter now,I tell a team leader,He donate 0.1BTC,If they update wallet ,We can ignore Bter.
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
what is the other exchange?

Huh
I don't mean to belabor the point - but you said you think they'll update wallet ..to the new wallet?

but then you said they made a lot of money stealing tips....

why would you kill the goose that's laying the golden eggs?
The another China exchange ,It is largest tips exchange,Many users withdraw tips to another exchange,So bter attack
Activity: 539
Merit: 251
I don't mean to belabor the point - but you said you think they'll update wallet ..to the new wallet?

Exactly, And the old fork is still rolling, so they can sell recently mined coins, Only not from the honest miners.

I don't think Bter will switch. The appear to have been a willing accomplice in the scam all along buy NOT putting their wallet in Maint Mode until the problem was sorted out despite being warned out this at least 5 times by myself and who knows how many times by others.

I hope they prove me wrong.

I've contacted them about the new wallet - NO REPLY

Please trust me ,Bter attack tips ,Sold over 10 billion on other China exchange through May  attack .The China exchange stop deposite and withdraw,I think they will update wallet,They only trade China yuan.Do not waste time to contact Bter。If they update wallet,They can not sell coin mined recently

what you said does not make sense.
But it is fact
I don't think Bter will switch. The appear to have been a willing accomplice in the scam all along buy NOT putting their wallet in Maint Mode until the problem was sorted out despite being warned out this at least 5 times by myself and who knows how many times by others.

Please trust me ,Bter attack tips ,Sold over 10 billion on other China exchange through May  attack .The China exchange stop deposite and withdraw,I think they will update wallet,They only trade China yuan.Do not waste time to contact Bter。If they update wallet,They can not sell coin mined recently

what you said does not make sense.

Please trust me ,Bter attack tips ,Sold over 10 billion on other China exchange through May  attack .The China exchange stop deposite and withdraw,I think they will update wallet,They only trade China yuan.Do not waste time to contact Bter。If they update wallet,They can not sell coin mined recently.
In May fork(attack),Beter set 20000-40000 for deposite confirm.
I don't think Bter will switch. The appear to have been a willing accomplice in the scam all along by NOT putting their wallet in Maint Mode until the problem was sorted out despite being warned about this at least 5 times by myself and who knows how many times by others.

1. Update the Source code page and indicate this is a mandatory fork and specify which block number it took effect at.
2. Start a new Tips thread, use the existing graphics and explain why the fork was necessary.
3. Contact BTER and NOVA exchange and implore them to switch to the new wallet and block chain.
4. I've already contacted Yobit about a listing and I'll contact Alcurex - because for all we know BTER was in on the scam taking place in the old wallet
6. Get the Windows Wallet done asap - there are people mining in my pool, but unless they can compile the linux code, they have no place to transfer their coins to.

any other ideas would be helpful because we now have a shiny new wallet and block chain that's not susceptibel to the Orphan hack, but no place to trade the coins.

We also need a Block Explorer and I can take the lead on getting that done right now.

thanks

Agree,But bter attack tips,This is why on the scam ,Bter know the fork,We had to give up it,Other china exchange, Will update new wallet

I have seen Btc38 - china exchange.
http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html
Activity: 211
Merit: 100

thanks

Agree,But bter attack tips,This is why on the scam ,Bter know the fork,We had to give up it,Other china exchange, Will update new wallet

I have seen Btc38 - china exchange.
Nova exchange does have the new wallet installed and is accepting deposits from the new wallet.

Smiley
I contacted Yobit last night and will contact Alcurex now. I have a pretty good relationship with Halbut at Alcurex. I'll see what I can do.

Smiley

thanks

thanks
legendary
精神分析的爸
Is there a windows wallet on the way?
Can't keep the coins on the pools forever.....  Roll Eyes Huh

We are working out some cosmetical quirks before the src is ready for a windows build but that should be done shortly. Also we are still looking to find somebody to compile the windows wallet then.
Will post an update tomorrow.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Hmm,maybe https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/
We can advertise TIPS there. Can somebody fill the forms on Yobit?
Pages:
Jump to: