Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS) - New Dev team: Fedoracoin Foundation - page 72. (Read 110943 times)

Activity: 539
Merit: 251
https://github.com/fedoracoin-dev/fedoracoin

The latest source code is linked above. So far been 2 hours and its near enough synced. onto block 613K.
This syncs much faster, has some built in nodes, and has Automatic Checkpointing. Once my node has finished syncing i will start it running.
I will see if i can get someone to build some windows wallets. This is now a mandatory update

My BTC Address is 12tSquEBTgs2WsHXgh5kKD8hNwvsrvo7o1

Ahmed

What does this mean? Feathercoin ?  Undecided
[
Feathercoin production branch.
This is the production version of the Feathercoin code All other branches are developement branches and not intended for mining use
]
HuhHuhHuh
Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

The latest source code is linked above. So far been 2 hours and its near enough synced. onto block 613K.
This syncs much faster, has some built in nodes, and has Automatic Checkpointing. Once my node has finished syncing i will start it running.
I will see if i can get someone to build some windows wallets. This is now a mandatory update

My BTC Address is 12tSquEBTgs2WsHXgh5kKD8hNwvsrvo7o1

Ahmed
Activity: 951
Merit: 259

f1e6cf24327acbbee638ab671e3139ba40dfe8da21009ac61f7cb255b379043e

Here is the github for the new source code with my progress so far

Ahmed
Managed to compile the new code with ACP built in, Will now test it and give you guys an update to see where we are at
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
Thank you cryptoid and myc006, your donations have been received. Together with my 0.05 we are currently at
0.151 BTC raised.
Yup just a new wallet.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Hello Everyone..

I was mining tips exclusively before the latest drama.  I have 1.6Ghash scrypt.

Anyway I will donate (0.05 btc right?), but it might be a day or so before I can send the coin.  I'm in the middle of a move and thoroughly broke atm.

So, my wallet v1.1 syncs up fine.  we will be getting a new wallet and thats it as far as the changes from my point of view, right? ?
Activity: 201
4b12b1e8405f06531fc8c444707ece143dc3ae5a4e877bcdc3f8673c0952c89a
0.0504 BTC
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
This is exciting.  I will donate to this.  And I will post the txid after I donate

Can someone tell me is this coin starting over?  Or is it picking up where it left off?

Can I mine it?  How many total coins will there be?

Will the old fedoras be canceled?  Thanks

Wallet update/fork.  The algo to mine is Scrypt.  No, old TiPS won't be discarded/burned. 
Activity: 1134
Merit: 525
Less hops. More wins.
This is exciting.  I will donate to this.  And I will post the txid after I donate

Can someone tell me is this coin starting over?  Or is it picking up where it left off?

Can I mine it?  How many total coins will there be?

Will the old fedoras be canceled?  Thanks
Syncing through both existing hard forks successful.

[
    {
        "height" : 76383,
        "hash" : "3c10a7a54846429145c63e4de23dd3f3e25a483cb07ec8f27674ebff77450795",
        "branchlen" : 75407,
        "status" : "headers-only"
    },
    {
        "height" : 976,
        "hash" : "468ed6fb83178dc7f80d57c22a7c31c9c5335ce91768cbbb710930c22e4ead2f",
        "branchlen" : 0,
        "status" : "active"
    }
]

Once it completes, i will begin to (attempt) to add in automated checkpointing and prepare for fork number 3

Ahmed
Looking like the daemon will sync the full chain.

Managed to get the first hard fork. block 51K now,
TxId: 788493e91b31f89173c33cb721502ad7460fc9879e1947c579e76cfe0f4e308c
TxId: 603f74217a21ed5af526aa4a94cae8a3f1492caa0f89c36d28296e8466ce2734

Total: .0506 BTC

What else can be done to harden TiPS against attack?  I'm not stuck on POS/POW, but we need to do something...
Got the first copy of the new TIPS daemon running, only on block 86 just now, with only one node. But will update here as it proceeds further
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
I'll make a deal. Since TIPS is being attacked. I will start work on the coin today, with 0.2 BTC downpayment. and the rest can be paid once the job is done. I should have an upgraded source in the coming week. (maybe later today if i make a good amount of progress)

Ahmed

Ahmed,
Very appreciated, the only problem, we can't guarantee the other .8 BTC if not enough people contribute.

Psycodad,
Could you publish an address where we can start depositing BTC?

All,
As for what updates go into the new wallet, I only suggest a minimum of two:
1) Keep Scrypt
2) added security... by whatever means does the job

If better security is obtained by adding a hybrid POS/POW (with minimal POS) then so be it.  I don't even know what a current block is worth because I don't mine it (maybe I should start Smiley), but I would vote to keep the POW reward as is, or tweak it only if there is a significant outcry to change it.

I've instead changed to latest LTC due to problems integrating scrypt into bitcoin master.
I'l be keeping Scrypt, i can look into adding automated checkpointing too

I do know the 0.8 BTC isnt guaranteed, I'm willing to wait till its raised if it does but i'll release the source as soon as im done. Main reason for me asking so little is im in a tough spot atm so anything helps

Ahmed

Thanks for coming to rescue Ahmed, I do much appreciate your offer.

Here is the address for donations:
Code:
1HTLMrER8ZE2C1zoPiBJ8FwiJqPyzpA9LS

If you send a donation post your txid here. I'll confirm it with an updated donator list.

I really hope we hear now from the many TIPS users that posted in the past asking for a wallet update. Please let us show Ahmed our appreciation for what he does!
Activity: 201
I'll make a deal. Since TIPS is being attacked. I will start work on the coin today, with 0.2 BTC downpayment. and the rest can be paid once the job is done. I should have an upgraded source in the coming week. (maybe later today if i make a good amount of progress)

Ahmed

Ahmed,
Very appreciated, the only problem, we can't guarantee the other .8 BTC if not enough people contribute.

Psycodad,

All,
1) Keep Scrypt

If better security is obtained by adding a hybrid POS/POW (with minimal POS) then so be it.  I don't even know what a current block is worth because I don't mine it (maybe I should start Smiley), but I would vote to keep the POW reward as is, or tweak it only if there is a significant outcry to change it.

If POS/POW,wallet will bloaed,More pos transactions will add to blockchain,Sometimes it is little hard to run pow/pos wallet.Otherwise pos ,The top 100 owners is risk

Ahmed

Ahmed,

Psycodad,

All,
1) Keep Scrypt

If better security is obtained by adding a hybrid POS/POW (with minimal POS) then so be it.  I don't even know what a current block is worth because I don't mine it (maybe I should start Smiley), but I would vote to keep the POW reward as is, or tweak it only if there is a significant outcry to change it.

I've instead changed to latest LTC due to problems integrating scrypt into bitcoin master.
I'l be keeping Scrypt, i can look into adding automated checkpointing too

I do know the 0.8 BTC isnt guaranteed, I'm willing to wait till its raised if it does but i'll release the source as soon as im done. Main reason for me asking so little is im in a tough spot atm so anything helps

Ahmed

Ahmed

Ahmed,

Psycodad,

All,
1) Keep Scrypt

At the moment i've started on upgrading TIPS to Bitcoin Master with Scrypt

Ahmed
Pages:
Jump to: