Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Fibonacci Info and questions - page 9. (Read 104132 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
March 16, 2014, 03:30:54 PM
I hope jasin still checks this thread, as I don't have an account on the litecoin forum..

I'm just curious, how exactly are we going to pre-order? By the looks of the fib.io website, its not even remotely ready to be used for ordering...unless there is going to be an update done today or early tomorrow?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
March 12, 2014, 02:37:02 PM
We will basically allow people to stay hosted with us until we run out of room and need to ship out the old chips....so a very long time.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
March 12, 2014, 01:36:33 PM
Aiming for july to host, gridseed is too piwer hungry and too slow to be counted as competition.

Thanks for the info. I saw that spread sheet a few days back; you seem to outperform Gridseed by a good margin.
When you start accepting orders, for how many weeks you'll be hosting the hardware for us before you ship it to us?
March 12, 2014, 10:41:28 AM
Why would we post them to amazon when we have a full site and platform being built for checkout?

As for someone else making scrypt asics, we hope so, thats the best way to reinforce decentralization. So far we do not see viable competition in this field of ASICs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap8Q0nxk-daxdDlaeFZ0TW5kbHNWWXZqWm9xYWJySFE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

A decent summary of the current ASIC companies.

See here
March 12, 2014, 10:40:46 AM
Aiming for july to host, gridseed is too piwer hungry and too slow to be counted as competition.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
March 12, 2014, 03:51:33 AM
Hi jasinlee,

I remember I read somewhere that you guys were planning not to flood the market with ASIC scrypt miners until you see good competition from other manufacturers.
Now with the Gridseed miners already being shipped in large quantities, wouldn't you think it's time for you guys to start delivering some hardware yourself? You're missing out on lot of orders, you know! What is your updated delivery dates?
Activity: 637
March 11, 2014, 05:01:39 PM
I know the project is legit and that a nice amount of time and resources have been put into it.
I just don't like the marketing approach :
- Selling  hardware sells shares before even demonstrating a product.
- Creating buzz for months just to announce that they will start hosting units on JULY.
- Did I say PREORDERS ?

As I said I am just criticising the marketing approach, anyway I am sure they will do pretty well since the demand now is overkill and I sincerely wish them good luck.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
March 11, 2014, 03:28:00 PM
I just read myself up to date in their topic on the Litecoin forum. Seems legit and I'm going to try to collect enough BTC to buy a device.

By the way, Jasinlee is far more active over there than here, so ask a question over there if you need to.
March 11, 2014, 03:16:37 PM
If you would like to ask a question go for it, I am happy to reply to criticism. We felt like it would be unfair to take preorders without giving investors a means to exit the market if they were uncomfortable with the risks. So we built an exchange for them to sell their chips, shares, etc.

And we have provided proof of work.
Activity: 299
March 11, 2014, 03:15:53 PM
I have read a part of the litecoin thread, as far as I could read you basically went from :

1. Do you plan on taking pre-orders?
A: No, we will most likely do a hosted mining setup like asicminer did, this is a tried and proven method of successfully setting up orders without mislabeling people as preorder customers.

To :

A: No, we will most likely do a hosted mining setup like asicminer did, this is a tried and proven method of successfully setting up orders without mislabeling people as preorder customers. Edit: Any type of preorder will only be used once we have provided proof of work. And all the while building good will among the community members.

And finally you are taking preorders to start _hosting_ (not deliver) on July ?

Don't mean to troll, but ... BFL much ?

About the pre-orders bit, I agree.
Activity: 637
March 11, 2014, 02:58:47 PM
I have read a part of the litecoin thread, as far as I could read you basically went from :

A: No, we will most likely do a hosted mining setup like asicminer did, this is a tried and proven method of successfully setting up orders without mislabeling people as preorder customers.

To :

A: No, we will most likely do a hosted mining setup like asicminer did, this is a tried and proven method of successfully setting up orders without mislabeling people as preorder customers. Edit: Any type of preorder will only be used once we have provided proof of work. And all the while building good will among the community members.

And finally you are taking preorders to start _hosting_ (not deliver) on July ?

Don't mean to troll, but ... BFL much ?
March 11, 2014, 02:33:42 PM
Its all on the litecoin forum.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
March 11, 2014, 02:01:02 PM
When can we order? do you have a date?
February 27, 2014, 01:27:37 AM
Can we get some kind of update here...? its been some time now.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702.0

Updates appear here, far more often and in more detail. Remember this is a scrypt based ASIC....so we are focusing on a scrypt based forum.
February 27, 2014, 01:20:08 AM
Why would we post them to amazon when we have a full site and platform being built for checkout?

As for someone else making scrypt asics, we hope so, thats the best way to reinforce decentralization. So far we do not see viable competition in this field of ASICs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap8Q0nxk-daxdDlaeFZ0TW5kbHNWWXZqWm9xYWJySFE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

A decent summary of the current ASIC companies.
Activity: 189
February 27, 2014, 01:08:01 AM
I would buy one, if they will be available on amazon
Activity: 588
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
February 26, 2014, 09:35:00 PM
Yea I would be sure to buy 3, but you guys need to act fast before someone else makes scrypt asics!
Activity: 346
February 26, 2014, 04:01:27 PM
Can we get some kind of update here...? its been some time now.
February 17, 2014, 12:37:58 AM
We will update it when we have time, the litecointalk.org site is our primary forum due to the nature of our work.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
February 16, 2014, 07:02:03 PM
Indeed, I tried with Chrome and it did work well.  I saw my share was still in my account, yeah Cheesy.

Does anyone know how many fib.hw shares have been sold yet?
Pages:
Jump to: