Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Fibonacci Info and questions - page 6. (Read 104132 times)

legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
March 28, 2014, 11:24:10 PM
Trying to understand about the trusted hosts ... will they be physically shipped out to these different locations, or do they stay with Fibonacci and just use their servers?

shipped to the trusted hosts

(No offence) but who is liable if they abuse them or run away with them (lots of $$$ moving around here)
Is fibonacci liable if something goes amiss while at these 'trusted hosts' locations?

and then they will be responsible to pack, pay, & ship them to the end user when the time is right?

adding another variable like this makes it that much more likely something could go wrong ...

Sorry just a concern of mine
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
March 28, 2014, 11:00:06 PM
Trying to understand about the trusted hosts ... will they be physically shipped out to these different locations, or do they stay with Fibonacci and just use their servers?

shipped to the trusted hosts
legendary
March 28, 2014, 10:54:23 PM

Activity: 637
March 28, 2014, 03:55:48 AM
unless all the coins decide to go scrypt N or sha or whatever asic resistant :p

AFAIK scrypt-N is not ASIC resistant, since it is scrypt with different parameters.
To be honest (as Jasinlee mentioned) there is no ASIC resistant algorithm at the moment (and possibly there will never be although this is just my opinion).

The only thing that take to build an ASIC for whatever PoW algorithm is : profitability and ROI.
If it is profitable, then investing in ASIC development is possible.

Will Fibonacci's work with the coins that use "scrypt-N" with the same mixing function as Litecoin ?
I understand that if the mixing function is different (chacha vs salsa) then it won't, am I right ?
March 27, 2014, 10:34:10 PM
We had hoped to make it go slowly with staggered releases (and other methods), but as discussed on the forums many times.....not all of the companies will act responsibly with the technology.

I guess its time to just let them off the leashes.

Yes, it's an open question how long it will take for your products to get cloned.

Undecided

We kind of wonder the same thing, all the more reason to begin with hosting rather than shipping immediately. The V2 chips are the ones we will be working on, they will make this race to the bottom a bit different.

would be real nice to be able to implement something in those chips that would make them impossible to copy

Sadly the security measures that exist are not sufficient to the task. Rather a proper POW will need to be created to combat future ASICs, and currently ( Wink) there are none in use in the crypto world.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
March 27, 2014, 10:16:57 PM
We had hoped to make it go slowly with staggered releases (and other methods), but as discussed on the forums many times.....not all of the companies will act responsibly with the technology.

Yes, it's an open question how long it will take for your products to get cloned.

Undecided

We kind of wonder the same thing, all the more reason to begin with hosting rather than shipping immediately. The V2 chips are the ones we will be working on, they will make this race to the bottom a bit different.

would be real nice to be able to implement something in those chips that would make them impossible to copy
March 27, 2014, 09:35:57 PM

Undecided

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
March 27, 2014, 09:27:24 PM
Jeez, so that's about 8.6h Mh/s for a single Recursion right? Great!

I'm really happy that I have ordered 1 Smiley.  This will cause the difficulty of Scrypt coins go insane and GPU miners won't be profitable anymore for Scrypt I guess.  Scrypt will be taken over by (Fibonacci) ASICs soon Smiley.

unless all the coins decide to go scrypt N or sha or whatever asic resistant :p

( worrywart inside )
Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?
March 27, 2014, 09:25:30 PM

Undecided

March 27, 2014, 09:15:15 PM

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
March 27, 2014, 09:05:47 PM
Jeez, so that's about 8.6h Mh/s for a single Recursion right? Great!

I'm really happy that I have ordered 1 Smiley.  This will cause the difficulty of Scrypt coins go insane and GPU miners won't be profitable anymore for Scrypt I guess.  Scrypt will be taken over by (Fibonacci) ASICs soon Smiley.
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
March 27, 2014, 05:47:53 PM
Looks like KNC just upped the Titan to 250 Mh/s for $10k!
It states in the details it will run on 800 - 1000 watt power supply.

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/litecoin-mining-hardware

any official response to this?

Looks like the arms race has begun, I wonder if they will have any more surprises ...

WOW that is a huge upgrade.. almost wish I had preordered now..

Oh, I think Jasin forgot to update.

There are new speeds.

BTC            LTC

Fibonacci Recursion                                             $400          0.10 x 8650 = $346
 Fibonacci Axiom                                                  $7200        0.10 x 162000 = $6480
 Fibonacci Epsilon                                                 $14000      0.10 x 315000 = $12600
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
March 27, 2014, 10:14:22 AM

Looks like the arms race has begun, I wonder if they will have any more surprises ...

WOW that is a huge upgrade.. almost wish I had preordered now..
legendary
March 27, 2014, 09:53:41 AM

March 25, 2014, 01:21:52 AM
Regarding purchasing shares, are we able to purchase and add to existing orders?

Say if I have 5 shares, and am waiting for some funds to clear can I add 5 more to the order at a later time given they are still available?

Also, is there a warranty on your product once it is released?

Yes, you can add to them. The warranty will be in effect as long as they are hosted, once hosting is complete we will ship the units to the customer with a 30 day warranty. Keep in mind that overclocking will void the warranties. So as long as it is hosted with us, even if its 1 year, we will repair/replace anything that goes bad. It will also allow us to make improvements on the device as we make updates.
legendary
March 25, 2014, 12:04:19 AM
Regarding purchasing shares, are we able to purchase and add to existing orders?

Say if I have 5 shares, and am waiting for some funds to clear can I add 5 more to the order at a later time given they are still available?

Also, is there a warranty on your product once it is released?

March 24, 2014, 09:03:39 PM
Lol nice dabs.

It looks like we shall restart the cach wallet when the web wallet goes live.

So on launch we will test the BTC LTC CACH wallets. We will likely have room for others later too.

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
March 24, 2014, 08:46:55 PM
I recent being called a grammar Nazi when all I did was highlight a spelling error, which your browser corrects in a second, every 12 year old schoolgirl are able to do that on their smartphone, these days. But I guess some people are just too inept to manage a thing like that.

The kids are pming me now. .....smh.
March 24, 2014, 08:23:09 PM
Most of the updates are now complete, time to move onto our web wallet. Cheesy
March 23, 2014, 09:40:15 PM
I am, yes, sorry about that, but I recent being called a grammar Nazi when all I did was highlight a spelling error, which your browser corrects in a second, every 12 year old schoolgirl are able to do that on their smartphone, these days. But I guess some people are just too inept to manage a thing like that.
Plus just stating the obvious, charging astronomically 6 times more than the other companies does, only to adjust it when the Big Kahuna calls in and announces their Titan. I was just stating the obvious at the time. But alas, as they say, time will tell. I'm in a company of 50 people designing ASICs and mining machine, plus I'm the advocate for the ARG currency, which makes me a share holder in www.cryptoave.com.

Tack för ordet!

The kids are pming me now. .....smh.
Pages:
Jump to: