Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FIMK: 2.5G POS, extra block rewards, messaging, asset colors, p2p shopping - page 87. (Read 184334 times)

Activity: 773
Merit: 500
Heatledger.com
Looks legit. Waiting for exchanges. Is there any exchange-threads prepared or will this hit some real exchanges right away? And oh you have to get a descent logo asap!
DGEX will carry it from July 3rd.

You mean a logo or the coin?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Looks legit. Waiting for exchanges. Is there any exchange-threads prepared or will this hit some real exchanges right away? And oh you have to get a descent logo asap!
Heatledger.com
Cannot download client http://81.4.106.149/clients/fimk.zip. Any other url for download?
Very soon. We need to ensure the first blocks before releasing livenet client.
Activity: 601
Cannot download client http://81.4.106.149/clients/fimk.zip. Any other url for download?
Heatledger.com
Currently running livenet provisioning script on 20 permanent house nodes, 10 in Amsterdam, 5 in NYC, 5 in Singapore.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Auroracoin's price has risen much because of FIMK today.
 Cheesy
Activity: 620
how will dgex investors be notified upon distribution?
will the fimk wallet be like nxt wallet where with a NEW wallet you have to send a transaction out of the account in order for maximum security?
I encourage anybody who escrowed with DGEX to transfer FIMK from the DGEX-created account to a new account using secure passphrase that only you know.
We encourage that also and so does DGEX.

This arrangement enables FIMK and DGEX conclude the distribution quickly, whereas requiring every DGEX donator to supply FIMK address would have probably dragged on long. It was already a lot of work to settle and arrange just half a dozen missing blockchain.info donator details a temporary FIMK account for the genesis distribution, until they come up to identify.

Great!  Thank you for handling all the details so nicely.

An FYI for anybody new to the technology of NXT (and therefore FIMK):

Your passphrase is your account.  Make it very strong.

Either use a passphrase generated by the client, or create your own by using at least 35 truly random characters.

+1
security is imperative.
so for all newcomers stay away from your usual passwords and please make sure you have a backup of your passphrase stored off of your computer.
think of it like this. your passphrase is like your physical fiat wallet if its rammed full of money and you lose it your screwed!
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Have you ensured that DGEX will not have a withdrawal fee for the IPO participants?   Undecided

...for a few days at least...
There is no withdrawal from DGEX. The FIMK are on a FIMK account that DGEX grants the donator access to, for free.

I encourage anybody who escrowed with DGEX to transfer FIMK from the DGEX-created account to a new account using secure passphrase that only you know.

This arrangement enables FIMK and DGEX conclude the distribution quickly, whereas requiring every DGEX donator to supply FIMK address would have probably dragged on long. It was already a lot of work to settle and arrange just half a dozen missing blockchain.info donator details a temporary FIMK account for the genesis distribution, until they come up to identify.

When I made my investment the dgex info said that the FIMK would be added to my FIMK balance on the gdex exchange. That is how they will create an ID for me. The same way they do if I was depositing FIMK into my account. So essentially the FIMK will be deposited to the dgex investors balance on the dgex exchange. So, your "FIMK" account provided by dgex will be your dgex account. I can't see them doing it any other way.
Heatledger.com
Have you ensured that DGEX will not have a withdrawal fee for the IPO participants?   Undecided

...for a few days at least...
There is no withdrawal from DGEX. The FIMK are on a FIMK account that DGEX grants the donator access to, for free.

Heatledger.com
DGEX gives each donator a unique FIMK address, and this list has been forwarded to our distribution phase. Thus every DGEX accountholder gets a real FIMK account with their stake on it, and DGEX is able to verify that the FIMK genesis account distribution matches their FIMK address list and amounts created by DGEX tech.

When that verification is done, FIMK should be paid the donated BTC (minus DGEX fee). At that phase DGEX is relieved from the escrow contract and can accept FIMK deposits if they want, but no FIMK remains at DGEX initially.
Why not have the coins distributed to the DGEX FIMK account balances instead? And dgex users can then either withdraw, hodl or trade their coins?

While that could technically 'work', I agree with approach to distribute genesis all to individual donators accounts.

A genesis distribution to a single DGEX account would be 57% of total IPO stake.  Looks very bad, and would need a constant explanation why genesis distribution so skewed.

Better to let FIMK organizers do as they plan.

That's the way escrow works. FIMK should be sent to dgex, dgex then sends bitcoin to devs and FIMK to each investors FIMK balance on dgex. Otherwise, dgex would have to verify FIMK went to each investor before releasing btc. That could be a nightmare for them.

The explanation is simple, it was an escrow agent.
agreed

otherwise there was no point using dgex as an escrow if we cant receive our coins there as we (through dgex) did not get any form of tx code or any way to differentiate our transactions. the only way i can see it working is the fimk have to be sent to dgex for the fimk investors. it is then down to the stake holders to dump/sell or withdraw to a wallet and hold
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Why not have the coins distributed to the DGEX FIMK account balances instead? And dgex users can then either withdraw, hodl or trade their coins?

While that could technically 'work', I agree with approach to distribute genesis all to individual donators accounts.

A genesis distribution to a single DGEX account would be 57% of total IPO stake.  Looks very bad, and would need a constant explanation why genesis distribution so skewed.

That's the way escrow works. FIMK should be sent to dgex, dgex then sends bitcoin to devs and FIMK to each investors FIMK balance on dgex. Otherwise, dgex would have to verify FIMK went to each investor before releasing btc. That could be a nightmare for them.

The explanation is simple, it was an escrow agent.
Activity: 491
Merit: 100
So when & how will DGEX be getting our (the investors) individual account numbers to you? I haven't found anywhere in my account to upload or submit my account number to receive the stake I paid into DGEX?
Heatledger.com

Exactly my words! FIMK doesn't want to tie up too tightly with DGEX after launch.

Being in contact with the head dev now constantly, the final stakes list is ready and he has initated the processes for launch. They take hours - our network and initial automation systems are much more extensive (call it professional if you prefer) than NXT was and it really feels like a countdown to launching a rocket to the moon... or giving birth to something significant. I now might have a taste of the particular psychological pressure mothers have to endure going through a long labor process. Shocked Fortunately the physical side is not nearly as severe.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Launch will be late tonight GMT time, lots of things to do still for genesis block and we need the DGEX stakeholder information sorted out to grant their stake to genuine FIMK accounts.

Cheers

+1
legendary
Activity: 876
Merit: 1000
Etherscan.io
Launch will be late tonight GMT time, lots of things to do still for genesis block and we need the DGEX stakeholder information sorted out to grant their stake to genuine FIMK accounts.

Cheers
Activity: 281
Merit: 250

AFAIK Dgex has not collected any information so far for actual donators' FIMK accounts for distribution. I don't even have FIMK-wallet address yet. Only donated via my dgex-account.
Heatledger.com
Pages:
Jump to: