Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FlappyCoin - PoS Released - 6/29 - Need Counterparty Fork - 4btc - page 16. (Read 41368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003
https://cryptodatabase.net
flap has been updated again. chain is no longer stuck. at time of posting we are on block 700018. git source is up to date. windows wallet download for 4.0.1 is here:

with the new version iam on block 700023 now. waiting for staking Smiley

3 days min stake =D

This may be broken, I instantly staked upon installing new wallet version last night and have had a couple more stakes following that one.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Great job devs on providing a quick fix.  Flappy had a nice nap and feels refreshed.

We need the extracted section on Chainz to say Proof of Stake (instead of "unknown") similar to mintcoin...
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/#

Any estimate for a Mac wallet?  Days, weeks?  A rough estimate would be great.

Also, we should think about updating the coin specs everywhere (starting with goflap.io) to reflect the change from POW to POS.  Flappers will want to know the details on this specific implementation of POS.

FLAP FLAP FLAP.
Activity: 366
Merit: 260
65% of the network is still on NON WORKING wallets. 4.0.1 Fixes the stuck block @ 700,000. There will likely be another update soon to patch up some minor concerns but this will gets the chain moving again.

Windows: http://goflap.io/download/4000100/flappycoin-4.0.1.zip
Mac: Coming Soon.
Source: https://github.com/FlappycoinDEV/flappycoin/

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
flap has been updated again. chain is no longer stuck. at time of posting we are on block 700018. git source is up to date. windows wallet download for 4.0.1 is here:

3 days min stake =D
Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Activity: 84
Flappy coin looks like a nice game I have to get its
legendary

https://mega.co.nz/#!TMlAjZ4C!pSL0YN3SeyWzJG7sqlysV9fXoEZpoEkGjaSxQoCgGFQ

edit: if anyone has any problems. sees any irregularities. or anything PM me or menlatin (who will then send me a message on skype) and ill come running to fix it asap

Lol, yes just a nap. I'm sad i didn't have a buy wall up to soak up that cryptsy dump. FLAPS almost half-off!!
legendary
when i looked at the wallet (and did a lot of debug print statements on the miner) i found a few things that were turned off by default that should have been turned on.
and also one thing that was an actual error. it was checking for something when it shouldnt have been. so ill put out 4.0.1 as soon as i can resync to the blockchain. and double check to make sure those checks arent bad. (staking will also be turned on by default in the new wallet)

edit: also turned off staking when wallet is syncing. that was also a thing that was happening
gen=1 is now in my config file.
Activity: 651
Merit: 518
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
edit: kinda of a dumb question. but does anyone have the miners in their wallet turned on? i just noticed its off by default...
basically do you have gen=1 in youf config file?

i have turned it on now, still stuck on block 699999
cant see any difference.

config name is flappycoin.conf located in AppData\Roaming\Flappycoin i think?

edit:
from the log:  FlappycoinMiner started so the config file is right..
legendary
yeah yeah. shit. give me... 10 minutes

edit: kinda of a dumb question. but does anyone have the miners in their wallet turned on? i just noticed its off by default...

basically do you have gen=1 in youf config file?

edit: found a bug in the miner. it was checking for proper hash targets oh PoS blocks. when that rule doesnt apply to PoS blocks. which would cause a rejection 99% of the time

edit edit: will probably have to upgrade to 4.0.1 but i think i just mined a block on the updated version
Big pipe at block 699999.  Also, having trouble unlocking wallet for staking.  Frozen in time?
well. if cryptsy is on 4.0.0.2 this is what will happen. wallets on 4.0.0.2 will reject PoW blocks created by 3.2 wallets after block 700.000

people on 3.2 will continue to send coins to cryptsy but the coins will never arrive due to those blocks being invalid. they will be forced to update.

and the 4.0.0.2 wallets will start PoS and fork off of the 3.2 PoW chain at block 700.000.

thats what should happen. what im really watching for is to see how bad i fucked up with the PoS system. i dont think i did. but who is ever right about these things.

TY for clarification.  We're close to 25 blocks away!  The sky is calm.  Shocked
legendary
well. if cryptsy is on 4.0.0.2 this is what will happen. wallets on 4.0.0.2 will reject PoW blocks created by 3.2 wallets after block 700.000

people on 3.2 will continue to send coins to cryptsy but the coins will never arrive due to those blocks being invalid. they will be forced to update.

and the 4.0.0.2 wallets will start PoS and fork off of the 3.2 PoW chain at block 700.000.

thats what should happen. what im really watching for is to see how bad i fucked up with the PoS system. i dont think i did. but who is ever right about these things.
FLAP wallet down on Cryptsy for maintenance.   Cry

Any idea what it behind this maintenance? This is quite often, right?

Cryptsy was on a 3.2.0 wallet until recently when they switched to 4.0.0.2.  Sending from Cryptsy to a 4.0.0.2 wallet worked for a short time after the upgrade before the FLAP wallet went into maintenance mode.  Around the same time it seems like the 3.2.0 version wallet has been making a comeback on the network based on the stats at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flap/#!network

Confusing.  FLAP FLAP FLAP?

[EDIT] Maybe I'm reading the numbers wrong?

No, i think you're reading the numbers right. I have no idea why more ppl are getting on 3.2. We've put out on twitter and facebook to upgrade to 4.0.0.2. I'm pretty sure those wallets will not be working properly come block 700,000.

Crypsty is on 4.0.0.2 as are most of the big wallets, so i think we'll be ok.

Any last minute plan to assure the network hits the tipping point in time?  Just one other exchange doing an upgrade could be enough.  Any ideas?  I'm happy to put in some extra before block 700,000 if I can help in any way.

[EDIT]  Also, maybe someone can clarify the numbers on Chainz?  There are TWO different percentages under Network Share for each version of software.  What exactly do these numbers represent and why are they different?

Let's not FLAPPING give up YET!  FLAP FLAP FLAP.
Pages:
Jump to: