Author

Topic: [ANN] FlutterCoin FLT Proof Of Transaction Cash Back for Sending & Recieving - page 191. (Read 368043 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Okay I think I'm starting to grasp this POS. Based on the white paper on Peercoin's site I've determined that:

- When you stake your mature coins you generate a new block similar to a POW block, but not entirely
- Based on how long your coins have been maturing, your wallet mines this stake block at a rate proportional to the age of your maturing coins
- Coins that have matured for twice as long will mine the stake block twice as fast, three times as long three times as fast etc.
- Having your wallet unlocked and open 24/7 is not crucial as coins that have matured for an extra day or week will mine the stake block faster, commensurate to their "Coin Age" (time they have been maturing)
- When staked, your coins get sent to yourself and they are essentially "reborn" and assigned a coin age of 0

Things I have not been able to glean or am unsure of from the paper:

- If there are twice as many coins being staked, does my total matured coin age have less weight? Is this where network weight comes in?
- The amount of coins you can gain from POS is not so much based on the number of coins you have to stake as the sum of their coin age
- What will change with the new software coming on the 19th? I don't understand how being able to stake more coins at a time will make a difference if they all get staked eventually. Is it because your wallet has to solve each stake block before moving on to the next and so it is just a matter of efficiency?
- The transactions I've seen related to staking have all been 10.00 coins mined. I assume this is the coin reward for solving a POS block?

Forgive me if some of this has been discussed previously in the thread. It's easy to miss things even when you read 90% of new posts and it can be very tedious sorting through 125 (!? how did that happen haha) pages of posts.

Also I just want to say thank you to KidCoin for being such a dedicated, untrollable dev and to the rest of you guys and girls for all of your contributions and hard work making this coin and community thrive.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
it's the 10's that are what's being staked. kidcoin said there was some code from peercoin or novacoin or something, that limited the stake to 10 coins. it's been corrected with this newest updated. basically us early adopters aren't getting much stake until the new software goes into effect on the 19th.

So the tens are my coins being sent out to be staked and will at some point return with generated interest? I know some articles have been posted about POS, but I get kind of overwhelmed with the terminology and don't end up making much sense of it in the end. So now to my understanding:

1. Coins enter your wallet
2. 30 "coin days" pass and those coins become matured
3. you unlock your wallet and staking begins
4. coins leave your wallet (is it per block? based on your network weight? how many will go out at a time with the update on the 19th?)
5. a certain amount of time passes and coins return with 5% (?) interest
6. coins must wait 30 more coin days to be staked again?

A lot of that is guess work, based off of things I've read in this thread. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe I'll go take another look at the technical sheets and see if I can answer some of my own questions.

Coins don't leave your wallet, you just get the stake in.
it's the 10's that are what's being staked. kidcoin said there was some code from peercoin or novacoin or something, that limited the stake to 10 coins. it's been corrected with this newest updated. basically us early adopters aren't getting much stake until the new software goes into effect on the 19th.

So the tens are my coins being sent out to be staked and will at some point return with generated interest? I know some articles have been posted about POS, but I get kind of overwhelmed with the terminology and don't end up making much sense of it in the end. So now to my understanding:

1. Coins enter your wallet
2. 30 "coin days" pass and those coins become matured
3. you unlock your wallet and staking begins
4. coins leave your wallet (is it per block? based on your network weight? how many will go out at a time with the update on the 19th?)
5. a certain amount of time passes and coins return with 5% (?) interest
6. coins must wait 30 more coin days to be staked again?

A lot of that is guess work, based off of things I've read in this thread. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe I'll go take another look at the technical sheets and see if I can answer some of my own questions.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
From 150 satoshi to 800. Not a bad start.

Now a much more calm rise back to 2700 peak and past it this week.

edit - oh look! 10 BTC in buy walls around 800 satoshi.
Hope you didn't sell today with the drop. Your tears will feed us.
Pump is over, coin going to drop like crazy. Get ready kids.

it might drop a little, but not like crazy.

it's still low priced compared to what it will be in a few weeks. the first halving hasn't even happened yet.
This kind of volume isn't a pump
Yeah, personally I'm holding, and my plan is to hold for at least 4-8 weeks. My thinking is that in the same way that Litecoin emerged as the leading Scrypt coin, there is now a movement towards PoS coins and I think that Fluttercoin, with PoS and PoT, may hit the sweet spot. PoW in the interim, with short halvenings, should help stoke interest, and PoT is a nice little innovation to help distinguish the coin from the PoS field. It would be REALLY nice if every day was like yesterday, but obviously that can't happen. But there are some strong fundamentals here. Value spikes will come and go in the short term, but I'm confident the medium-term trajectory will be good. Sittin' tight ...

This coin still has almost zero recognition outside of the crypto community. If it can get in the media in some way and have more people discover it, then really the sky is the limit. I look at Litecoin and I look at Fluttercoin and you know what? Flutter is a much superior coin! It just needs a small marketing push and it will blow almost any other coin away.
Activity: 21
Pump is over, coin going to drop like crazy. Get ready kids.

it might drop a little, but not like crazy.

it's still low priced compared to what it will be in a few weeks. the first halving hasn't even happened yet.
This kind of volume isn't a pump
Yeah, personally I'm holding, and my plan is to hold for at least 4-8 weeks. My thinking is that in the same way that Litecoin emerged as the leading Scrypt coin, there is now a movement towards PoS coins and I think that Fluttercoin, with PoS and PoT, may hit the sweet spot. PoW in the interim, with short halvenings, should help stoke interest, and PoT is a nice little innovation to help distinguish the coin from the PoS field. It would be REALLY nice if every day was like yesterday, but obviously that can't happen. But there are some strong fundamentals here. Value spikes will come and go in the short term, but I'm confident the medium-term trajectory will be good. Sittin' tight ...
I will tell this just once: 24h Trading Volume = 2.5 x Market Cap. This has never happened before and it screams "demand".
Having trouble staking my coins. Been here since pretty close to the start...March 4th according to my wallet are the first coins mined. Never moved my coins around and staking was working fine with the old wallet and worked with the new one (v0.4.5.5-ga-beta) until tonight. I'm using the highly convenient unlock function and I had it working, got home tonight and it says I have no mature coins to stake.

Only change was that I received a stake payout of 10 and 1000 from the pool I use. Tried restarting wallet. What am I missing here? I am still relatively new to coins. Only mined LTC for a bit while tweaking my two 270s and then have been solely on FLT since so it's probably something pretty basic. Can you only stake your coins for a certain amount of time before they need to mature again or something? To my understanding once the 30 days is up your coins are mature forever unless you use them in a transaction.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Having trouble staking my coins. Been here since pretty close to the start...March 4th according to my wallet are the first coins mined. Never moved my coins around and staking was working fine with the old wallet and worked with the new one (v0.4.5.5-ga-beta) until tonight. I'm using the highly convenient unlock function and I had it working, got home tonight and it says I have no mature coins to stake.

Only change was that I received a stake payout of 10 and 1000 from the pool I use. Tried restarting wallet. What am I missing here? I am still relatively new to coins. Only mined LTC for a bit while tweaking my two 270s and then have been solely on FLT since so it's probably something pretty basic. Can you only stake your coins for a certain amount of time before they need to mature again or something? To my understanding once the 30 days is up your coins are mature forever unless you use them in a transaction.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Activity: 434
What goes up must come down, but FLT will be moon bound in a couple of days with block halving hopefully some news on multipool. Grin

the incentive to hold is clear too, simply hold for 30 days and earn interest on your coins, only the impatient will be selling at the moment, which bodes well for FLT.
Activity: 434
Looking at the order book, doesn't look like there is buy support for an uptrend, sideways for now I guess.
Where are all the whales ?

sideways until the block halves, IMO

Zeta panic buys will drive the price down short term for a lot of coins including FLT. If you are selling other coins to buy Zeta I highly recommend that FLT is not one of them or you will be biting yourself in the ass. Best coin to convert to Zeta at the moment is Blackcoin.

totally agree with that. FLT is one to hold for the next while.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
Looking at the order book, doesn't look like there is buy support for an uptrend, sideways for now I guess.

Zeta panic buys will drive the price down short term for a lot of coins including FLT. If you are selling other coins to buy Zeta I highly recommend that FLT is not one of them or you will be biting yourself in the ass. Best coin to convert to Zeta at the moment is Blackcoin.

Activity: 26
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Wow that was an impressive dump

Lol the price is already back at 1000
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Running on a super charged server (dual SSD disks and 32GB RAM) to ensure smooth mining and a very stable experience!!!

Here are the features:
 - Stratum
 - Auto payouts (PROP)
 - Low fee of 0.8% (in return we offer a stable platform and good support)
 - Payouts checked every minute
 - Low latency

You can visit our pool here: http://flutter.speedminer.org

Any feedback / suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Activity: 11
Activity: 196
How much do you think it will drop? Shouldn't it base at the old level of 1000 before going up again?
Well a lot of people are interested to buy at 1000 atm. Maybe it can quickly go into the 900 but if it does don't wait to buy.

Less than 3000 blocks before halving !
Activity: 146
Price value will drop. Don't buy now.
This is the last chance to buy!lol Grin
Activity: 32
How much do you think it will drop? Shouldn't it base at the old level of 1000 before going up again?
Jump to: