Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0 - page 12. (Read 473628 times)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Hi,

I get "Internal Server Error" when I try to generate passkey on link below:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
@Helene
As usual, you show your refusal to read the actual words people are using (as well as your female equivalent of fanboy status).  Roll Eyes

You're confusing the "cost to transfer" and the "cost to trade".  Angry

As usual, you show your refusal to accept the fact that you are unfamiliar with how trading on the Counterparty DEX works. Placing a sell or buy order also is just like sending any other BTC-based counterparty TX with the corresponding miners fee. Please inspect any trading pair on the DEX in Counterwallet and notice that the same Bitcoin fee button you can find when setting up a send TX in counterwallet also exists on the form where you place your buy and sell TRADING orders. The button lets you choose between "Normal Priority", "Low Priority (Cheaper)" and "Custom Fee". Before placing an order, you need to first consult the current state of mempool saturation to verify what fee in sat/byte will result in your order being confirmed within the desired time frame (same as when making a regular send TX). You choose the fee that is adequate to get your order posted on the DEX within the desired number of blocks. So according to in how much of a hurry you are, you choose the minimum amount in sat/bytes to accomplish the task. Not exactly rocket science, but apparently needed to be explained as some people are not aware of how it works.

Fun fact: an order placed on the DEX results in a Bitcoin transaction of size 257 bytes, which is smaller than a regular token sending TX (264 bytes minimum if using a single input TX). So taking that into consideration, the resulting total bitcoin fee for placing a DEX order will actually be even SMALLER than what I stated earlier about regular sending TXs. Sorry to break it to you, but cost to trade on counterparty is cheaper than cost to send a regular TX. And regarding your poor attempt at labeling me "female equivalent of fanboy" let me enlighten you: I am the official social media representative of Foldingcoin.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
@Helene
As usual, you show your refusal to read the actual words people are using (as well as your female equivalent of fanboy status).  Roll Eyes

You're confusing the "cost to transfer" and the "cost to trade".  Angry
Guys,  don´t forget the FOLDERPEPE merged folding promotion is still ongoing!...
You mean the token that costs more to multiply relist, trying to sell it, than you can sell it for?  Cheesy

That's been ALL of the "extra bonus" tokens that have been distributed with FoldingCoin.
 That would be a lot less of an issue if they would drop usage of that bloody ripoff Counterparty garbage.

I sent out all my recent TX (28 of them) with miners fees of between 1 and 6 sat/byte. Which makes for a maximum total fee of 0.0000159 BTC per TX. I can assure you that you can sell FOLDERPEPE for more than that. The latest orders were filled at 1800 Pepecash per FOLDERPEPE 4 days ago. At the time that was $18 a card. Sorry but it looks to me you don´t know how to use the proper fees. If you pay more than a few satoshis per byte it´s your own election to do so, noone forces you to overpay fees.

SInce when does Counterparty give you an OPTION to pay less than their normal RIPOFF level of fees?

There are options to pay the normal or low fee, or specify your own Custom Fee, on Counterwallet and freewallet.io this has been possible for many months now, on other wallets such as rarepepewallet.com it has always been possible. Book of orbs also offers different fee options, you would have to ask the folks at Indiesquare how long this has been possible, I don´t remember exactly when they added that feature. Pretty much all the wallets started offering flexible fees when high mempool saturation levels became a problem. People that keep current with Counterparty news already were aware of that.

FYI if any of these wallets indicate that you need to pay an unreasonably high fee, that is because your wallet address that you are sending from has a high number of BTC dust inputs left from prior TXs which would inflate the size of your TX requiring higher fees. This can be easily remedied by sending to the address in question an amount of BTC equal to the total BTC you currently have in it. That way, once this new BTC input is in your wallet, the fee can be taken from 1 single input instead of consisting of a bunch of dust inputs, and the total size of the resulting TX in bytes will be significantly smaller. The wallet will no longer indicate that you need to send an exorbitant fee as soon as you have the extra amount of BTC in the address. So with one send of extra BTC into your wallet you will have sufficient BTC available to send many TXs in the future with a low fee. Also, there are ways to sweep all your dust BTC inputs into a single one, but that is something only advanced users should attempt to do. Counterparty devs are already addressing this problem in one of the CIPs that is being implemented very soon and will alleviate this problem.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Guys,  don´t forget the FOLDERPEPE merged folding promotion is still ongoing!...
You mean the token that costs more to multiply relist, trying to sell it, than you can sell it for?  Cheesy

That's been ALL of the "extra bonus" tokens that have been distributed with FoldingCoin.
 That would be a lot less of an issue if they would drop usage of that bloody ripoff Counterparty garbage.

I sent out all my recent TX (28 of them) with miners fees of between 1 and 6 sat/byte. Which makes for a maximum total fee of 0.0000159 BTC per TX. I can assure you that you can sell FOLDERPEPE for more than that. The latest orders were filled at 1800 Pepecash per FOLDERPEPE 4 days ago. At the time that was $18 a card. Sorry but it looks to me you don´t know how to use the proper fees. If you pay more than a few satoshis per byte it´s your own election to do so, noone forces you to overpay fees.

SInce when does Counterparty give you an OPTION to pay less than their normal RIPOFF level of fees?
Putting up a sell order on the DEX should not cost more than 0.00003 BTC at the most...
Yeah, no.
Quote from: Counterwallet
Due to Bitcoin fees, each Counterparty action requires approximately 0.0005 BTC to perform.
That fee is per week and more than 16 times greater than what you're claiming; meanwhile, only 9 have ever sold with a market volume of ~3 selling every 3rd month :/

The approximate fee quoted on Counterwallet is from the times when the mempool was very saturated, and errs on the high side so to assure noobies don´t send TX with a too low fee during times when in fact that would have resulted in your TX to get stuck for a long time. Newsflash: Segwit is implemented, spammers have reduced their mempool spamming activities, and there is a custom fee option that lets you use much lower fees, if you know how to properly calculate them.

Please check the last 20+ outgoing TX from 7 days ago from the FOLDERPEPE issuing address https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/174pxDPP2ndXDVAzVEmERGMDh8eeCSwRQm/transactions and verify for yourself what were the fees paid for each of those TXs. There is no such thing as "fee per week", fees are paid per TX in sat/byte. Each TX was 264 bytes in size. You do the math. Also noone ever claimed that you would be able to sell big volumes of cards of a 600 card issue. If you don´t want to participate, noone is forcing you to. We have plenty of people participating every month that are happy to contribute to finding cures to diseases like Parkinson, Alzheimer, Cancer, Diabetes, HIV and more. I suppose you don´t have any relatives suffering from any of those diseases that may benefit from Folding@Home research and your interest only lies in benefitting yourself and not others, but bashing a registered non-for-profit project for not making you rich is about as low as it gets.
Retired IRCX God
Putting up a sell order on the DEX should not cost more than 0.00003 BTC at the most...
Yeah, no.
Quote from: Counterwallet
Due to Bitcoin fees, each Counterparty action requires approximately 0.0005 BTC to perform.
That fee is per week and more than 16 times greater than what you're claiming; meanwhile, only 9 have ever sold with a market volume of ~3 selling every 3rd month :/
Guys,  don´t forget the FOLDERPEPE merged folding promotion is still ongoing!...
You mean the token that costs more to multiply relist, trying to sell it, than you can sell it for?  Cheesy

See my answer here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21682743

Putting up a sell order on the DEX should not cost more than 0.00003 BTC at the most, unless you decide to place the order during high mempool saturation times. Had you placed an order at any time during last week with that size fee, it would have confirmed within 2 hours at the most. All my sends last weekend confirmed within 2 blocks, and a bunch of these were sent with 1 sat/byte fee.  I don´t think spending a few cents to list a card is too much when you can sell it at 18-20 USD.

legendary

Retired IRCX God
Guys,  don´t forget the FOLDERPEPE merged folding promotion is still ongoing! This is a reward program for our most dedicated long-time folders. You can find the rules how to participate here:

http://foldingcoin.net/2016/11/folderpepe-dedicated-folder-special-rewards-announcement/

Happy Folding!

P.S. please email [email protected] to get an invite tojoin  the Foldingcoin Slack, we had to make it invite only because of all the scam bots trying to join our slack!
Activity: 104
Merit: 31
Anyone know when "next distribution" counter normally gets reset? It's been on all zeros since the last on a few days ago.

Sorry for that. We are in the process of updating the whole website. FYI, distributions are done the 1st Saturday/Sunday of each month.
I will let the team know about the counter though.
Thanks a lot for the info Wink
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Anyone know when "next distribution" counter normally gets reset? It's been on all zeros since the last on a few days ago.
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1016

Friends! Support your FoldingCoin...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21058883

legendary
Wrong. That recent pattern actually happens for most of alts, not only FLDC
And what part of FLDC losing 60+% of value is "good"?

60% vs BTC - which has gone up a bit more than that over the last 35ish days.

In terms of $, it's been fairly close to flat.

CURE on the other hand has been close to flat vs BTC since a couple weeks after the Polo "no bloody reason" delisting.

Retired IRCX God
And what part of FLDC losing 60+% of value is "good"?
Activity: 465
it is good coin for exchange
Yeah, no:

Retired IRCX God
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
it is good coin for exchange
Pages: