Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FoxCoin - A Fully Dynamic Cyptocurrency [DYING] - page 2. (Read 111072 times)

Activity: 233
Merit: 100
Thank you, pinballdude for this awesome workaround!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
It seems that new users installing the windows 1.6 wallet will get stuck at block 72160  when the wallet updates. At sourceforge, the 1.5.3 wallet is also available, you will need this to fix the problem.

I did this :

1) installed 1.6 and started it up (not expecting issues)

2) when 1.6 didn't update anymore bc it reached 72160 (click statistics to see where it is at), i wqent to sourceforge, downloaded 1.5.3 and then started that one, it instantly went past 72160 and starteed updating further. i closed 1.5.3 as soon as it got past 72160 .

3) After this, starting 1.6 again, everything seems to work fine

If any new developer picks up the coin, fixing 1.6 to handle a fresh install and not get stuck on 72160 should have very high priority. I'm afraid new users will be scared off, seeing that the wallet doesn't work.

I have several major issues at the moment.

First and foremost, I cannot synchronize the wallet past blockheight 72160, no matter what I do.  I've gone so far as to back up and then delete all of my FoxCoin data, perform a fresh install of version 1.6.0 and let it attempt to synchronize.  Always, without fail, the synch stops at 72160 exactly, with a block time of Tue Mar 11 17:44:34 2014

Thinking it might initially have been wallet corruption, I made a new wallet and tried again.  No joy.

To add insult to injury, I tried to bring the keys from my old wallet across using dumpprivkey and then importprivkey in the new wallet.  No matter what, I always got the following message on the import attempt:

{"code":-5,"message":"Invalid private key"}

I have included in the foxcoin.conf addnode lines for every node listed in the first post, in the infrastructure section on foxcoin.info, and even off of the screenshots I saw on the thread on page 74.  Nothing makes a difference.

I see no way forward, and no way back.

I cannot see it making sense to continue mining a coin that I cannot (at this point) ever spend, transfer, or otherwise interact with.
It looks like a 100% loss of all of the mining effort I have applied up until this point, which seems like the worst-case failure scenario for any coin, ever.

What say you, AnonyFox?

I've been having this issue for a while thank you! I add this link for anyone having the issues http://sourceforge.net/projects/foxcoin/files/?source=navbar
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Guys,

During 1st time synchro, wallet is hanging on acre 64579. Any1 can help with this issue?
By the way, where is real dev?

Activity: 286
Merit: 250
It seems that new users installing the windows 1.6 wallet will get stuck at block 72160  when the wallet updates. At sourceforge, the 1.5.3 wallet is also available, you will need this to fix the problem.

I did this :

1) installed 1.6 and started it up (not expecting issues)

2) when 1.6 didn't update anymore bc it reached 72160 (click statistics to see where it is at), i wqent to sourceforge, downloaded 1.5.3 and then started that one, it instantly went past 72160 and starteed updating further. i closed 1.5.3 as soon as it got past 72160 .

3) After this, starting 1.6 again, everything seems to work fine

If any new developer picks up the coin, fixing 1.6 to handle a fresh install and not get stuck on 72160 should have very high priority. I'm afraid new users will be scared off, seeing that the wallet doesn't work.

I have several major issues at the moment.

First and foremost, I cannot synchronize the wallet past blockheight 72160, no matter what I do.  I've gone so far as to back up and then delete all of my FoxCoin data, perform a fresh install of version 1.6.0 and let it attempt to synchronize.  Always, without fail, the synch stops at 72160 exactly, with a block time of Tue Mar 11 17:44:34 2014

Thinking it might initially have been wallet corruption, I made a new wallet and tried again.  No joy.

To add insult to injury, I tried to bring the keys from my old wallet across using dumpprivkey and then importprivkey in the new wallet.  No matter what, I always got the following message on the import attempt:

{"code":-5,"message":"Invalid private key"}

I have included in the foxcoin.conf addnode lines for every node listed in the first post, in the infrastructure section on foxcoin.info, and even off of the screenshots I saw on the thread on page 74.  Nothing makes a difference.

I see no way forward, and no way back.

I cannot see it making sense to continue mining a coin that I cannot (at this point) ever spend, transfer, or otherwise interact with.
It looks like a 100% loss of all of the mining effort I have applied up until this point, which seems like the worst-case failure scenario for any coin, ever.

What say you, AnonyFox?
Activity: 43
Do not delay launch.
For any reason. Especially if it's 3 am in Europe, and you have bunch of greedy motherfuckers waiting on your coin, because you will be flamed.
Like scrypt Tesla coin. Grin Grin
Activity: 77
I really wish the same thing as others who like that coin  Embarrassed .
Hello everyone, just register on forum because i saw sad news about foxcoin and i think we shouldn't let well based coin like this die!! Surely there is someone out there with skills to take this project over since there is well establishment and community allready behind coin, and i'm sure we're all ready to start mining fully in case of rebirth!! Any news about development, is someone allready working something on it?
I really hope someone will take FoxCoin project over to continue developing awesome features in there.
Activity: 11
Hello everyone, just register on forum because i saw sad news about foxcoin and i think we shouldn't let well based coin like this die!! Surely there is someone out there with skills to take this project over since there is well establishment and community allready behind coin, and i'm sure we're all ready to start mining fully in case of rebirth!! Any news about development, is someone allready working something on it?
Could we help somehow to not let the foxcoin die?
I dunno. The only thing I have is a GPU farm and tons of enthusiasm, lol. I hope there will be someone technically savvy who will be able to reinitiate activities held by initial devs.
The only thing I'm sure about is that FOX is not gonna die. It's too good for that  Cool I'm sure someone will come and give it a huge fuckn BOOST.
Activity: 472
Could we help somehow to not let the foxcoin die?
I would happily become a node for foxcoin if that is possible and if that would help.
Yes, me too. What is needed to be done in order to be a node? I don't wanna FOX to die, it's damn stupid for such a good coin.
Activity: 112
I would happily become a node for foxcoin if that is possible and if that would help.
Activity: 259
I don't know why, but I like foxcoin  Embarrassed
FOX will not die as I'm still mining.
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
AnonyFox,

Fox Coin should not die!! Let's connect to discuss the future of Fox...
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
What's the story behind Foxconn?
Activity: 98
Dear Reader,

FoxCoin is dying. I suggest you discontinue all mining operations and other operations involving foxcoin as you are only wasting your time. As a developer I had plenty of fun with FoxCoin involving designing the statistics page and the mining page as they were challenges for my limited programming knowledge. Even though FoxCoin never reached its ultimate goal I am still happy with the turnout and the fact that it has lasted this long.

As of this message all development support of FoxCoin has been discontinued. All FoxCoin-Foundation provided services will remain online for a while.

As a final note I would like to say I have not profited from FoxCoin (despite having the opportunity) in terms of FOX spent I've far exceeded the premine. It wasn't long after launch that the foundation became entirely donation-dependant as the premine funds were depleted.

The remainder of the foundation funds (~130k FOX) are sitting in a few addresses. They have not been spent and I have no intention of dumping those coins onto an exchange.

- AnonyFox_ (4/21/2014)

For what it is worth I will donate all the foundation funds to anybody willing to continue foxcoin.
With only 1 mhash mining power you can get a shit load of coins right now.
Go and catch some foxes!  Wink
Net hashrate 5 Mh/s. Yoooopiiiii  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: