Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FoxCoin - A Fully Dynamic Cyptocurrency [DYING] - page 6. (Read 111072 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Damn I sold most of my coins far too low.

What I learned: Always make a sell order for a potential pump.
Do us all a favor and go.

If I'm reading the order book at Poloniex right, it would take only 4.76 BTC in a buy to push the price up over 0.0082 mBTC, which would put FoxCoin into the top 100 and on the front page... and at current BTC prices, that's just less that $3,000 worth.

So this looks like it could be pushed into taking off surprisingly fast.   Smiley

I would prefer real progress, not price hype.

I'd like to point out that FoxCoin was not designed for profit and we do not support profitdiggers, pump and dumpers, etc. While there is very little effectively nothing we can do to stop the practice we directly oppose anybody digging FoxCoin just for profit.

The goal of FoxCoin is to innovate and be used for various applications we dislike anybody that wishes to stifle our progress to the goal.

I think the goal of having FoxCoin be an innovative alternative currency with multiple uses (i.e. widely accepted) is one that I very strongly support.  The question is how do we get to that point?  Personally, I don't think it helps the potential future of the coin to act as if the word "profit" is somehow a dirty word... and demonization of profit is (IMO) far more likely to strangle FoxCoin in its crib than it is to help it grow.

I realize that FoxCoin is designed specifically to combat the flash-in-the-pan syndrome that seems to afflict so many of the newer altcoins, and I think that's a good thing.  I'd like to see FoxCoin continuing on long after the majority of the currently-listed altcoins on CoinMarketCap have faded into oblivion.  So I agree that a tulip-bulb mania style bubble inflating and popping isn't in the long-term interest of the FoxCoin community.  I don't want that at all.

That being said, you've got a chicken-and-egg problem here that is made much worse by taking a position that anyone interested in profit is rather unwelcome and will be "actively opposed".

Here's how I see it:  For FoxCoin to have a long future, it needs a solid base of people devoting their resources to mining it, rather than to mining any of the other 150+ altcoins that are out there.  It also needs to have an established base of people who are interested in having the coin itself in their possession. How does FoxCoin get to that point?

There's been quite an effort to get the coin listed on various exchanges... why?  You've just slammed someone in your community over selling the coin early and wanting to learn from that experience by positioning themselves better in the future to help minimize regret.  I don't know of anyone who is interested in trading altcoins with a goal of of being unprofitable, yet you seem to be treating the notion of trying to come out on the positive side of trading as some kind of badge of shame.

Why seek to get the coin listed on exchanges if you don't want anyone to exchange the coin? Every time someone sells a FoxCoin, someone else is buying a FoxCoin. I would think that should be seen as a good thing, as it shows a spreading interest in the future of the coin itself. 

When a coin is in the early stages, as FoxCoin is, with a wide variety of other coins competing for mining resources, it seems to me that the number-one thing that the coin needs is to attract attention and interest... miners will generally need a good reason to specifically mine FoxCoin as opposed to other coins.  If you take the position that no one who would rather have FoxCoin be worth more (i.e. interested in "profit") is welcome in your community, it seems like you're making an active effort to drive miners AWAY rather than attract them.

For a coin to be attractive to mine, there seem to be two primary drivers: I can spend these mined coins today on services or goods in such a way that my net cost is lower than using fiat currency (which is another way of saying that mining the coins is a net profitable transaction because it lowers my costs), or I can hold the coins until later, in the hopes that the value will grow over time and then I can spend them, again creating a scenario where the action is in my best interest precisely because it represents a net profit.  Adam Smith's "Invisible Hand" is not evil, but an enlightened self-interest in profit is crucial to understanding why it works.

For someone to spend their FoxCoins on goods or services, merchants have to be interested in accepting it.  Is the merchant unwelcome if they expect that accepting the coin will lead them to a net profit?  Is a potential customer of that merchant unwelcome to mine FoxCoin if they think doing so allows them to make a more profitable transaction?

I don't see much hope for attracting merchants with an attitude like that, or attracting interest in mining the coin, either.

I've pointed out before that I think the key to making FoxCoin successful is establishing the USPs that will make people want to mine it (and hopefully, to keep mining it).  I'd like to help in that regard, but I'm disinclined to do so if you're interested in trying to treat me as an enemy.  I'm not.

I'm a wee little miner in the grand scheme.  My total mining power hasn't increased in ages, and I'm under 300kh today.  I've never bought a crypto-currency, nor have I even traded one crypto-currency for another one.  I've never bought dedicated hardware for the purpose of mining either, I've always mined on existing hardware I already had.

I have mined and spent coins, but doing so costs me money in direct electricity costs, and marginally for cooling in the summer from running an extra PC that otherwise would not need to be on.  It would be irrational of me to do so if it represented a net financial loss to me... that's just a waste.  I mine because I get a positive marginal utility from it, or in other words, because it is a net profitable transaction to do so.

The goal of FoxCoin is to innovate and be used for various applications we dislike anybody that wishes to stifle our progress to the goal.

I would submit that if you think anyone who is interested in profit is "stifling your progress to the goal", then the real person who is stifling progress is probably you.  I think you can ill-afford to alienate almost everyone else who is involved in crypto-currencies or even involved in any form of capitalism itself, and whether they know it or not, all of those folks are interested in profit.

If you want to be innovative, and add distinctiveness to the coin, I encourage you to do so without reservation.  No one else but you seems to be stopping you.  Develop the features and implement them.

I have quite a few ideas for suggestions, innovations and features which (I believe) could help FoxCoin become a true long term stand-out in the world of altcoins... but I am quite unwilling to help out if my expected reward for doing so is to have you or others metaphorically spit in my face for having the sheer gall of wanting to end up profiting from my contributions.

In the end, it's up to you, AnonyFox.  Perhaps you should re-examine your premises and determine what is truly most important to you in this endeavor, and what serves to further that goal.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
FoxCoin is now listed on CoinMarketCap, at the time of this post it is the 132nd biggest currency out of 154 (you have to hit "Next 100" or "View All" at the bottom of the page to get it to show up.

Now is when it starts getting interesting.  I suspect that the recent spike in hash rate has a LOT to do with it showing up there... that's a bellwether I've been waiting for!
Achievement unlocked  Wink
Next level - Crypsy, Bter. And now it doesn't seem that impossible.
This is all great progress.

Do us all a favor and go.
If I'm reading the order book at Poloniex right, it would take only 4.76 BTC in a buy to push the price up over 0.0082 mBTC, which would put FoxCoin into the top 100 and on the front page... and at current BTC prices, that's just less that $3,000 worth.

So this looks like it could be pushed into taking off surprisingly fast.   Smiley

I would prefer real progress, not price hype.

I'd like to point out that FoxCoin was not designed for profit and we do not support profitdiggers, pump and dumpers, etc. While there is very little effectively nothing we can do to stop the practice we directly oppose anybody digging FoxCoin just for profit.

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

The next big bump with respect to visibility on CoinMarketCap will be to have the valuation for the total FoxCoin market be large enough to put it on the front page (among the top 100).

Where things stand now, that would require having the total valuation (between increases in total coins and coin price) go up by a factor of about 5.8x from today's initial reported values.  That would move FoxCoin up to position 99 on the list, and make it a bit more "discoverable".
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
FoxCoin is now listed on CoinMarketCap, at the time of this post it is the 132nd biggest currency out of 154 (you have to hit "Next 100" or "View All" at the bottom of the page to get it to show up.

Now is when it starts getting interesting.  I suspect that the recent spike in hash rate has a LOT to do with it showing up there... that's a bellwether I've been waiting for!
Achievement unlocked  Wink
Next level - Crypsy, Bter. And now it doesn't seem that impossible.
I'm mining and supporting FoxCoin for no reason, just because I truly love this coin. I never paid attention to Fox haters telling that this was a pure scam etc. Now we see the potential of FoxCoin: net hashrate above 250Mh/s and growing, huge pump on PoloniEx. This is what I call a true coin: smooth start, smooth and patient mining, no bullshit, fair reward for the miners.

upd. On coinmarketcap soon!

Now is when it starts getting interesting.  I suspect that the recent spike in hash rate has a LOT to do with it showing up there... that's a bellwether I've been waiting for!

I'm mining and supporting FoxCoin for no reason, just because I truly love this coin. I never paid attention to Fox haters telling that this was a pure scam etc. Now we see the potential of FoxCoin: net hashrate above 250Mh/s and growing, huge pump on PoloniEx. This is what I call a true coin: smooth start, smooth and patient mining, no bullshit, fair reward for the miners.

upd. On coinmarketcap soon!
Activity: 27
The official site http://foxcoin.info/ needs to have better indexing. When you type "foxcoin" on Google, the first results are: btsec.com FOX thread, then goes bitcointalk FOX thread, then our Russian FOX community vk.com/foxcoinrus‎, then surprisingly we have my comment on Google+ "FoxCoin is LIVE! Go and grab some FoxCoins until they go TO THE MOOON! http://vk.com/foxcoinrusGrin But http://foxcoin.info/ is not appearing. I believe it has to be the first one in this list.

You forget that google shows you personalized results. So mostly these are different for most people. Another thing is that foxcoin.info is quite new and need a bit more time and linking to catch up on google.
The official site http://foxcoin.info/ needs to have better indexing. When you type "foxcoin" on Google, the first results are: btsec.com FOX thread, then goes bitcointalk FOX thread, then our Russian FOX community vk.com/foxcoinrus‎, then surprisingly we have my comment on Google+ "FoxCoin is LIVE! Go and grab some FoxCoins until they go TO THE MOOON! http://vk.com/foxcoinrusGrin But http://foxcoin.info/ is not appearing. I believe it has to be the first one in this list.
Activity: 8
I think as a first step to gain value, people should stop being retards and sell FOX below LTC mining profitability rate, which is approx. 68 satoshi @ 0.5 diff. I think 75 satoshi would be a reasonable price at the moment.
And that is one awesome bitcoin address. How did you get FOX in there?
I think we really need some trading volume on Swisscex. But what would be a realistic price. The current buyers price is far too low, and the current selling price is far too high.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Net hashrate is 20 Mhash/s. Are there really 10 persons mining FOX right now?  Grin
How could it happen?
The profitdiggers are gone and the others are going :/

Net hashrate is 20 Mhash/s. Are there really 10 persons mining FOX right now?  Grin
How could it happen?
It is not always that low, but the difficulty is on the easy side with a smaller number of miners. I think it is one of the more interesting "fair" KGW coins from launch and a slower halving structure. This flying a bit under the radar in some ways, which is a shame. I have to credit the exchanges for starting to support these better structured coins. Thankfully foxcoin does have some life there, I think more will mine it if it picks up in value.
I would prefer more of a slow build for it more then anything else, but a good community is necessary.
I also think the website can use some work, and it really needs better marketing. But it a slow build as people recognize it as a hidden gem may be a good thing.
The reddit is dead, which really is depressing.
Yes, the subreddit needs more activity then the occasional giveaway post.

How could it happen?
It is not always that low, but the difficulty is on the easy side with a smaller number of miners. I think it is one of the more interesting "fair" KGW coins from launch and a slower halving structure. This flying a bit under the radar in some ways, which is a shame. I have to credit the exchanges for starting to support these better structured coins. Thankfully foxcoin does have some life there, I think more will mine it if it picks up in value.
I would prefer more of a slow build for it more then anything else, but a good community is necessary.
I also think the website can use some work, and it really needs better marketing. But it a slow build as people recognize it as a hidden gem may be a good thing.

In order to be effectively marketed, the coin needs something truly distinctive to set it apart from the slew of other alt-coins out there.  People need a reason to focus on it, and long-term mining strength is going to come from people recognizing that good reason.

I think that if AnonyFox settles out what the USPs (Unique Selling Points) are going to be long-term for this coin, and gets a good level of shine and polish on everything associated with that, the coin has a wonderful future.  Personally, I think the idea of making the coin ultra-easy to get started with for people who have never done anything at all in crypto-currencies stands the greatest chance for a solid USP.

Solid GPU mining from the wallet (with near-zero prior knowledge about mining required from the user) could be a great way to get a bunch of people involved.  While that may be a goal, I think we're still a long way from getting there.  The starting post in this thread is a good example... there are simply too many things listed there which won't make any sense at all to people who aren't already deeply involved in crypto-currencies, and some of them will even elude people with moderate experience levels.

When trying to reach out to new people, it's important to make as few assumptions as possible regarding what will be "obvious" to them.  "Easy to use" is one of the toughest goals to achieve, but if it is done right, it can be EXTREMELY powerful.

Can somebody please definitively test CPU/CUDA/OpenCL mining in the foxhole so we can get this out of the way.

I will keep mining this coin for no reason .. I believe it will be some thing in the future but needs our help .. shame such a hard work for developers goes down because it is not popular enough  ... we can marketing it, tell friends about that coin and who don't know about mining at all we can help them a bit do a videos in youtube . any thing need a risk at first .. I am new to mining so i don't have bitcoins to donate  and still have low rig for now . I have 50$ Google AdWords can be something i do help with it ?
Hmm.
25,000 FOX Bounty for a good youtube promotional video!

Haven't used AdWords before, but foxcoin could definitely use some advertising.

_______________________________________________________________________________ __

I'm pleased to report that we haven't given up and we are still working on foxcoin. Currently we are working on backend code and optimizations, as we feel that must be done before we put the focus on more features (As much as I love adding features!) We are considering replacing BerkleyDB with something along the lines of SQLite... still doing research on the matter.

However we cannot do this without your help! We will need your support if we are to fulfill our shared vision of making foxcoin a innovative currency that is used around the world and across the internet. We will need you, the community to help promote foxcoin and share ideas that will set it apart from other cryptocurrencies.

How you can help us:

Spread us on social media:
We have a twitter! Be sure to follow us for news about FoxCoin and hear about giveaways before anybody else. Help us by retweeting and shouting us out on twitter to your friends. We also welcome you to spread us on alternative social media such as facebook.

Host a giveaway:
Are you part of a community that could be open to foxcoin? Send me an email at [email protected] or @gmail.com and request some foxcoins to aid you in hosting your giveaway. Requests we deem worthy will recieve up to 10,000 FoxCoins from the foundation.

Voting for us on exchanges:
People like value, so help us get traded by voting for us on:

MintPal
AllCrypt

And if you have some spare bitcoins be sure to send them to our voting addresses:

MintPal: 1MNccAUwo7A4UR3yWrczmC4CSgEV9oqC7h
AllCrypt: 1b6h9ZG2LKJqZADtHLFAycA4ekrAreL3h

Post on reddit:
Yes, I know it's difficult when hardly anybody is there, but try to post and talk on our subreddit, /r/foxcoins

Promote foxcoin elsewhere:
Have other ideas? Don't be afraid!

Make a promotional videos / images:
Are you a photoshop whiz or a video editing junkie? Be sure to lend us a hand with creating some promotional content!

Dig in the official pond:
Be sure to point your paws at pond.foxcoin.info (alternatively, fox.cryptoma.com) and give us a little donation! (All donations on either pond go to the foxcoin foundation.

Join the foundation team:
Think you have some valuable skills and some spare time? Don't be afraid to join us! Go on #foxcoin-dev and message AnonyFox_ or se[c] requesting voice. (Nonvoiced users are automuted)

We welcome people of all ages and backgrounds!

Donate to the FoxCoin foundation:

We accept donations in:

FoxCoin:wk2J1qSrBMn8tBSZZLkPcSg8gTNyXLJKwQ
BitCoin:1FoxQUJoN9DDZ4RRXr9HJWBGNcm2uux3H7

_______________________________________________________________________________ __

Thanks, and if you put in effort be sure to claim the bounty and get some FoxCoins for you efforts!
Activity: 56
We have started new campaign on www.Coins2TheMoon.com:
Every Second Day is a 0% Fee Day You can trade for 0% trading fees on every other day.
When you login on header will be displayed "Today is a 0% Fee Day" or "Tomorrow is a 0% Fee Day".

Just to remind you: We have 72 Market Pairs and 22 Coins (FoxCoin is in the list) to Trade!

Please note that it does not applies to withdrawal fees.

Happy tradings Smiley

Sincerely,

C2M Team
Activity: 27
A rare opportunity for people who want to mine FoxCoinshttp://fox.cryptoma.com/static/foxcoin_16.png, with current lower difficulty you get much more coins. Join while you still can Smiley It will be too late when price and difficulty rises. And sooner or later it will certainly do!

The FoxCoin pool, that i operate, will stay at zero fees for your convenience.

I am also providing a good way for you to support the FoxCoin development and promotion by setting a low donation percentage as all donated funds will be tranfered to FoxCoin foundation. Have just transfered another 3k FoxCoins.

http://fox.cryptoma.com/static/foxcoin_30.png http://fox.cryptoma.com/static/foxcoin_30.png http://fox.cryptoma.com/static/foxcoin_30.png
Activity: 77
I will keep mining this coin for no reason .. I believe it will be some thing in the future but needs our help .. shame such a hard work for developers goes down because it is not popular enough  ... we can marketing it, tell friends about that coin and who don't know about mining at all we can help them a bit do a videos in youtube . any thing need a risk at first .. I am new to mining so i don't have bitcoins to donate  and still have low rig for now . I have 50$ Google AdWords can be something i do help with it ?
Net hashrate is 20 Mhash/s. Are there really 10 persons mining FOX right now?  Grin
How could it happen?

In order to be effectively marketed, the coin needs something truly distinctive to set it apart from the slew of other alt-coins out there.  People need a reason to focus on it, and long-term mining strength is going to come from people recognizing that good reason.

I think that if AnonyFox settles out what the USPs (Unique Selling Points) are going to be long-term for this coin, and gets a good level of shine and polish on everything associated with that, the coin has a wonderful future.  Personally, I think the idea of making the coin ultra-easy to get started with for people who have never done anything at all in crypto-currencies stands the greatest chance for a solid USP.

Solid GPU mining from the wallet (with near-zero prior knowledge about mining required from the user) could be a great way to get a bunch of people involved.  While that may be a goal, I think we're still a long way from getting there.  The starting post in this thread is a good example... there are simply too many things listed there which won't make any sense at all to people who aren't already deeply involved in crypto-currencies, and some of them will even elude people with moderate experience levels.

When trying to reach out to new people, it's important to make as few assumptions as possible regarding what will be "obvious" to them.  "Easy to use" is one of the toughest goals to achieve, but if it is done right, it can be EXTREMELY powerful.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
How could it happen?
Pages:
Jump to: