Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FoxCoin - A Fully Dynamic Cyptocurrency [DYING] - page 5. (Read 111072 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
You're a great developer.

You've done great job with the FoxHole!

Wish all devs had your knowledge and patience.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Just came across the following thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504103.0;all

Does this possibly pose a threath for the Kimoto Gravity Well implementation in FOX too?
(Assuming that the thread's originator BitcoinEXpress is legit)
The recent 1.6 update aids (read: doesn't fix) that problem. We are looking into a different retarget algorithm to alleviate the issue or a modification to Kimoto Gravity Well that will alliviate the issue. Currently we are proforming research on both kimoto gravity well and these 'Time Warp/Travel' exploits.

Also, 1.6 is out!

Sorry for the delay, but it's here! Enjoy the new features and be sure to inform me of any problems you may have. This update is mandatory.

We'd also like opinions of modifying the Proof-of-Work algorithms in FoxCoin in light of the recent Scrypt ASICs, as foxcoin is too young to have digging centralized with ASICs. Please message/post/email me your thoughts.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Just came across the following thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504103.0;all

Does this possibly pose a threath for the Kimoto Gravity Well implementation in FOX too?
(Assuming that the thread's originator BitcoinEXpress is legit)
acre explorer and digging calculator looking great and solid nice work Smiley

Thanks!

Have a screenshot of the network screen:

Replied to to your issue on github.
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
Activity: 77
acre explorer and digging calculator looking great and solid nice work Smiley
Activity: 17
Price is very low now, think that this is good time to BUY.
Damn I sold most of my coins far too low.

What I learned: Always make a sell order for a potential pump.
Do us all a favor and go.

If I'm reading the order book at Poloniex right, it would take only 4.76 BTC in a buy to push the price up over 0.0082 mBTC, which would put FoxCoin into the top 100 and on the front page... and at current BTC prices, that's just less that $3,000 worth.

So this looks like it could be pushed into taking off surprisingly fast.   Smiley

I would prefer real progress, not price hype.

I'd like to point out that FoxCoin was not designed for profit and we do not support profitdiggers, pump and dumpers, etc. While there is very little effectively nothing we can do to stop the practice we directly oppose anybody digging FoxCoin just for profit.

The goal of FoxCoin is to innovate and be used for various applications we dislike anybody that wishes to stifle our progress to the goal.

I think the goal of having FoxCoin be an innovative alternative currency with multiple uses (i.e. widely accepted) is one that I very strongly support.  The question is how do we get to that point?  Personally, I don't think it helps the potential future of the coin to act as if the word "profit" is somehow a dirty word... and demonization of profit is (IMO) far more likely to strangle FoxCoin in its crib than it is to help it grow.
You definitely have a point here, profit is a much better tool to attract interest.

Maybe it's time to migrate with fox to Mintpal?
For sure it is! But how can we get in there? Voting?

That would be a logical conclusion.

I'm new with Fox...wich is the .conf and the command for solo mining with wallet?
 Huh

The digging feature is built in! Simply go to the 'dig site' page and enter in the appropriate details for your GPU/CPU. Be sure to email/message any issues you may have.

Slow pump incoming on cryptorush, be ready.

Greaaaat....

I'd like to make an important announcement! An important update for FoxCoin is on the horizon!

Update 1.6.0:
- Inbuilt acre explorer, including transaction decoding
- Digging yield calculator
- Network page
- Addnode RPC command, as well as several others
- Network health statistics area
- General statistics page improvments
- Backend changes

This update will be MANDATORY!

Have some screenshots!

Acre Explorer:

Transaction explorer:

Statistics Page:

Digging Calculator:
Activity: 76
I'm new with Fox...wich is the .conf and the command for solo mining with wallet?
 Huh
Activity: 17
Slow pump incoming on cryptorush, be ready.
Activity: 233
For sure it is! But how can we get in there? Voting?
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
kov
Activity: 492
Merit: 500
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
There's a foxcoin tipbot on reddit?
Activity: 13
difficulty is now going down good thing for miners make more coin at current diff :-)
oh yeah, feel so good! mining tons of foxes now  Wink

The corollary to that low difficulty is that the total network hash rate is back down to a low rate, which shows that not many people are interested in applying hashing power to the coin.  That's the whole point of the Kimoto Gravity Well: to quickly adjust difficulty to match up with the total network hashing power, which acts as a counter-force to those who engage in pool hopping.

Those of us who stick with the coin when others lose interest gain some benefits, but without a solid base of well-distributed hashing power, the coin will remain at risk of a 51% attack, and with a very low total network hash rate (as we see with these very small difficulties), that risk amplifies substantially.

We can't have our cake and eat it too... to be successful long-term, the coin needs enough interest from the crypto-currency community of miners to get them to devote some significant amount of hashing power.  That's why I was happy to see that (brief) spike up to the 250 Mhash range, since it indicated renewed interest.  That has dropped now to less than 10% of that value, and I've seen it as low as 5% of that.

Despite AnonyFox's complaints about "price hype", we have problems to solve if the coin is going to avoid collapse from multiple 51% attacks... and that calls for getting a LOT more people to pay attention and mine it, and having a rising trading value for the coin is one of the historically most successful means of attracting attention.  Sure a lot of it will fall away eventually when they see that the Kimoto Gravity Well makes it less exploitable from a difficulty-manipulation standpoint, but some of them would be likely to stick around.

I think we need the big surge in interest if only to attract the small subset of those who will stick around in the long-term, establish a strong mining base to make the coin secure, and then move on to the next tier: adding USPs and distinctiveness to get word-of-mouth going from OUTSIDE the current crypto-currency community, and get users who have never mined anything before to get their feet wet via in-wallet mining of FoxCoin.  Just my two Fox, mind you.
difficulty is now going down good thing for miners make more coin at current diff :-)
oh yeah, feel so good! mining tons of foxes now  Wink
Activity: 77
difficulty is now going down good thing for miners make more coin at current diff :-) .. http://www.foxcoin.info should get a lot of traffic as it is got impressions and clicks through Google adwords .. the site needs some work .. why we have login link in the site ?.. new style maybe good start for now .
Please update the OP with information that FoxCoin has been added to Worldcoinindex and Coinmarketcap. Isn't that important  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: