Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Freicoin: demurrage crypto-currency from the Occupy movement (crowdfund) - page 2. (Read 67702 times)

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973
Freicoin can't make the same scaling progress using forward blocks without a HF because the bug has already been fixed.It is through exploiting the recent bug on BTC that it can be implemented there though.

The hard fork has been done at wallet version 10.4 that allows Freicoin to have the full potential of the "forward blocks" scaling increase. Freicoin wallet version 12.1 is also now available.

Cool....when moon??

Activity: 80
Merit: 1
Freicoin can't make the same scaling progress using forward blocks without a HF because the bug has already been fixed.It is through exploiting the recent bug on BTC that it can be implemented there though.

The hard fork has been done at wallet version 10.4 that allows Freicoin to have the full potential of the "forward blocks" scaling increase. Freicoin wallet version 12.1 is also now available.
Activity: 39
Merit: 5
Hello Folks,

I have just updated the crypto-docker project at https://github.com/bostontrader/crypto-docker.  Among other things, fans of of FRC might be interested in the following:

With crypto-docker you can build docker images that contain the FRC binaries built from a recent commit of https://github.com/freicoin/freicoin using Alpine Linux.

You can choose to build an image without debug symbols, but with optimization, resulting in a rather small image of about 181 MB.  This is built with QT5 and can be viewed from a VNC viewer on the host system.

Or you can choose to build an image with debug symbols and no optimization, resulting in a larger image.  But this image includes gdb and gdbgui which enables you to debug the executables using gdb and a GUI.

Enjoy!
Also check this out this little article on the relationship between Freicoin and ‘forward blocks’. The author claims that this puts Freicoin at the forefront of the development race for scalability and democratization of POW mining.
(Oh wait. The author is me)

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@freeskaro/forward-blocks-and-freicoin

Freicoin friends, we need some Tweets and RTs on how Freicoin will be where ‘forward blocks’ are developed. Check out the @fed_fab Twitter feed and RT and comment. Go Go Freigerms!
Freicoin supporters, while everyone is talking about ‘forward blocks’, we need to spread the word that:
1) forward blocks are being implemented currently in Freicoin
2) Freicoin is only available at FreiExchange.com

Recommended text follows:

Mark Friedenbach, Freicoin developer, recently presented a way to do change POW algorithm and increase block size, without a hard fork, using ‘Forward Blocks’. With sharding, he claims that the transaction rate of BTC could reach 30000 tx/s. He had already stated that many of these things  will  be developed on Freicoin.

This would put Freicoin at the forefront of the scaling and democratization of mining race. Mark Friedenbach was one of the original founders of BlockStream but has left for a solo career. While Freicoin was created by Friedenbach and Jorge Timón in 2012, this announcement is like its new white paper rivaling today’s ICOs in scaling solution and developer skill. Currently, Freicoin is only trading on FreiExchange.com.

http://freico.in/forward-blocks-scalingbitcoin-paper.pdf
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
copper member
Activity: 30
Merit: 11
Game On!
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
Some people were talking about Freicoin and I decided to check it out, what, this coin is old? Interesting! Development has happened again, right? What about Freiexchange, what does that have to do with it?

FreiExchange was developed by Fedde, the same person that made Fed&Fab mining pool and Freicoin Alliance. Fedde is the backbone of the freicoin community. When Freicoin was deslisted from all but Vircurex, Fedde decided to make an exchange where Freicoin can be traded.

Freicoin developer Mark Friedenbach has left Blockstream and is now spending regular time on Freicoin. You can find posts from him here:

https://freicoinalliance.com/topic/634-new-release-v0862-5/

Fedde/Freicoin ===> great team & outstanding exchange :-D

+1
Some people were talking about Freicoin and I decided to check it out, what, this coin is old? Interesting! Development has happened again, right? What about Freiexchange, what does that have to do with it?

FreiExchange was developed by Fedde, the same person that made Fed&Fab mining pool and Freicoin Alliance. Fedde is the backbone of the freicoin community. When Freicoin was deslisted from all but Vircurex, Fedde decided to make an exchange where Freicoin can be traded.

Freicoin developer Mark Friedenbach has left Blockstream and is now spending regular time on Freicoin. You can find posts from him here:

https://freicoinalliance.com/topic/634-new-release-v0862-5/

Activity: 167
Merit: 0
Is this coin still got any life in it as seeing lots of alts slowing down these days and just more and more coins poping up everywhere.

freicoin has been around since the early occupy-bitcoin days ~ i bought a few for old times sake Smiley weee
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hey, DEVs! I rely this plan will be advance and can be reached the hard cap of ICO!
One question.

Lets imagine there is a coin where each year each wallet lose 1% of all coins. There are 100 coins and each coin value is 99 dollars, so the market cap is 9900 dollars.

At the end of the year everyone will lose 1%, the means the amount of coins will go to 100 to 99, and the market cap will continue the same 9900, this means  the value of each coin is now 100 dollars.

If you had 10 coins worth 99 dollars, you had 990 dollars worth of coins, at the end of year if you didnt spend the money you will have 9.9 coins * 100 dollars = 990 dollars too.

As you see at the example the guy didnt lost any wealth by not speinding his coins, so the question is: how someone lose wealth from demurrage?

The only ones that would lose wealth are the ones that lose coins by rounding down during the demurrage process.

The money supply does not go down in Freicoin. What is taken as the demurrage fee is currently all paid to the miners.

Of course it goes down.Thats what demurrage is.Anyone who holds freicoin in their wallet would know this.

The total coin supply remains the same. What is destroyed from users wallets is regenerated in block reward and pays miners.

Yes I understand that but what the previous poster was referring to is the fact his net worth id depreciated through the demurrage process and this is the point which stands.If you buy and hold freicoin you lose through a form of taxation on your balance.Its no better than inflation and deincentivises any speculation in freicoin hence the price will never go anywhere.Traders will always steer clear of this one.

/\FRC is a good coin that has stood the test of time for many years~ i'm buying Smiley  ===///^^^ freicoin to da moooooon!!!

Yes I agree.It is a good concept for a non speculative economic ecosystem but a terrible coin to hold solely on the demurrage extracted from coins on your wallet's balance.It would make more sense to hold them on the exchange and let the exchange take the hit instead but what large bagholder is prepared to hold hundreds of thousands of coins on a 3rd party exchange.

I agree also that both main developers are in the top of this game and am surprised they haven't scrapped this demurrage nonsense so the price can accelerate hard but in a sustainable manner.

https://freiexchange.com is a good exchange with competent developers ~ if they make FRC a way to pay to list new coins that would be a great pumping point* Wink weeee

One question.

Lets imagine there is a coin where each year each wallet lose 1% of all coins. There are 100 coins and each coin value is 99 dollars, so the market cap is 9900 dollars.

At the end of the year everyone will lose 1%, the means the amount of coins will go to 100 to 99, and the market cap will continue the same 9900, this means  the value of each coin is now 100 dollars.

If you had 10 coins worth 99 dollars, you had 990 dollars worth of coins, at the end of year if you didnt spend the money you will have 9.9 coins * 100 dollars = 990 dollars too.

As you see at the example the guy didnt lost any wealth by not speinding his coins, so the question is: how someone lose wealth from demurrage?

The only ones that would lose wealth are the ones that lose coins by rounding down during the demurrage process.

The money supply does not go down in Freicoin. What is taken as the demurrage fee is currently all paid to the miners.

Of course it goes down.Thats what demurrage is.Anyone who holds freicoin in their wallet would know this.

The total coin supply remains the same. What is destroyed from users wallets is regenerated in block reward and pays miners.

Yes I understand that but what the previous poster was referring to is the fact his net worth id depreciated through the demurrage process and this is the point which stands.If you buy and hold freicoin you lose through a form of taxation on your balance.Its no better than inflation and deincentivises any speculation in freicoin hence the price will never go anywhere.Traders will always steer clear of this one.

/\FRC is a good coin that has stood the test of time for many years~ i'm buying Smiley  ===///^^^ freicoin to da moooooon!!!

Yes I agree.It is a good concept for a non speculative economic ecosystem but a terrible coin to hold solely on the demurrage extracted from coins on your wallet's balance.It would make more sense to hold them on the exchange and let the exchange take the hit instead but what large bagholder is prepared to hold hundreds of thousands of coins on a 3rd party exchange.

I agree also that both main developers are in the top of this game and am surprised they haven't scrapped this demurrage nonsense so the price can accelerate hard but in a sustainable manner.
One question.

One question.

At the end of the year everyone will lose 1%, the means the amount of coins will go to 100 to 99, and the market cap will continue the same 9900, this means  the value of each coin is now 100 dollars.

Good recent news for Freicoin followers, new and old, is that Maaku is currently back on the project. He chose to leave BlockStream to work on more creative projects for himself.

He has been posting technical updates at Freicoin Alliance: https://freicoinalliance.com/topic/634-new-release-v0862-5/

looks good ! ~ this is a great team * i'm buying under 100 satoshis >_>

=)

===>

https://freiexchange.com/market/FRC/BTC
Pages:
Jump to: