Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Freicoin: demurrage crypto-currency from the Occupy movement (crowdfund) - page 6. (Read 67701 times)

Activity: 341
Merit: 250
http://freico.in

"This Domain Name Has Expired"

Well, that isn't a good sign.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
@ElectricMucus
Whats the point? If you don't agree with Freicoin, then just create your own currency or use one that you agree with. There is no use in wasting time to spend on thinks that you don't agree with.

that is why we have a mess here in the Altcoin scene.
and also, only ever said to cover your tracks.. by making excuses !

the logic is swiss cheese !

WARNING = ANALOGY TIME

if you owned a home in your own nice affluent neighborhood and your next door neighbor decided to start handing $100 dollar bills out to bums.
then what ?
i would LOOOOOOVE to look you right in your hypocritical eye and laugh my ass off,
when you bitched and complained when your property value was chopped in half
because 1,000 bums had started living in your neighbors front yard..

one of many points (reason(s) "mind your own business" is bad) and examples i can make..
further more the ONLY reason people make excuses for bad behavior publicly is because your guilty of supporting it.
nobody is going to say shit like that and be innocent little angels.. come on LOL
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
anyone else see slow or no payout from fed & fab pool ??
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
The demurrage bothers me.  I was mining this coin as an alternate to BTC until I noticed the coins in my wallet decreasing by a very small amount.  At first I thought maybe the wallet was hacked and someone skimming a portion of my coins thinking it wouldn't be noticed.  To my disgust I found this article explaining it was not only a normal process but acceptable as well.  Seems like bad business to take a buck out of my wallet when I open it.  I don't think it's right and will not mine this coin any longer. 

You should have spent it! Circulation you know! Consumption ftw! Who needs rain forests.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065
The demurrage bothers me.  I was mining this coin as an alternate to BTC until I noticed the coins in my wallet decreasing by a very small amount.  At first I thought maybe the wallet was hacked and someone skimming a portion of my coins thinking it wouldn't be noticed.  To my disgust I found this article explaining it was not only a normal process but acceptable as well.  Seems like bad business to take a buck out of my wallet when I open it.  I don't think it's right and will not mine this coin any longer. 
I'll just quote it for humor value before its get deleted.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
legendary
these both look pretty cool, impressive, i may try them out !!

http://freicoinmafia.com/

http://freicoinpoker.com/

Something to do with your FRC... other than exchange it.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 905
I'm not sure what you're asking for re: timeline. Freicoin was released in Dec 2012, and so it's been live for about 18 months now. You can download the latest official version from the website:

http://freico.in/

There isn't a whitepaper because the concept is quite simple. You can read about it in the OP or the official website. There is a whitepaper describing future additions that will hopefully be included within a year:

http://freico.in/docs/freimarkets.pdf
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Is there timeline or whitepaper of this coin?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Now here is something new, you exposing yourself to the complications of arguing with me in order to convince me to stop arguing myself.
donator
Activity: 293
@ElectricMucus
Whats the point? If you don't agree with Freicoin, then just create your own currency or use one that you agree with. There is no use in wasting time to spend on thinks that you don't agree with.

You must have a very simple personality.

Yes of course Smiley Why make life so complicated if it could be so easy Wink Simplicity wins!

That's the best what Bitcoin brought to the world, the ability to choose what currency to use.
At least now until Bitcoin has not taken over the hole world...
legendary
@ElectricMucus

You must have a very simple personality.
donator
Activity: 293
@ElectricMucus

legendary
I'm not sure how informed you are about Freicoin, but the underlying purpose and design requirements are to explicitly avoid speculative asset appreciation. I see a very flat and relatively stable graph, minus the deceptive spike around the time of bitcoin's runup. That's a good thing.

Bullshit, the unit of account is supposed to represent a stable amount of wealth. It's the whole point of a demurrage scheme, otherwise there could just be constant inflation. What we are seeing here is depreciation of the net worth of the whole freicoin "economy".
Still think you are right? Show a simple time series graph on the transaction value.

No what we are seeing here is a classical example of excessive taxation (to the amount of being fraudulent) choking off any potential for growth.
legendary
thank you and to the others who sent pm's with suggestions also....

That is normal for p2pool, and does not affect your payout. You may also try http://freicoin.us/
legendary
I'm not sure how informed you are about Freicoin, but the underlying purpose and design requirements are to explicitly avoid speculative asset appreciation. I see a very flat and relatively stable graph, minus the deceptive spike around the time of bitcoin's runup. That's a good thing.
legendary
so?

exactly when even the creator doesn't care if it goes down, I'd say it pretty much failed. I can't see it from the graph is it already at the point where everybody who bought freicoins ever is in the red? Anyway "I told you so" and if it  haven't been for the freicoin foundation mining tax scam it should have turned out differently, because well it can't be much worse.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: