Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Futourist - travel review platform where you get paid for your content - page 34. (Read 16038 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
Is there any role in what language users will make content. The reward depends on this and whether there is any restriction. That's what interests me.

I think the size of the award will depend on the popularity of the content itself, then users will be determined what content to produce in order to make it as useful and popular as possible.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
Is there any role in what language users will make content. The reward depends on this and whether there is any restriction. That's what interests me.
Activity: 476
Personally, your Futourist app will make a profit from the businesses that take part in the video review? I mean in the form of a separate fee for advertising their business. Has this been discussed with one of the participants of the tourism industry?
In any case, this will work as a large ecosystem, so I would like to understand how it will be possible to receive the maximum reward as a user from this, that would motivate future trips in the future.
I just wanted to learn more about the additional Futourist income items. After all, any additional profits on the platform can proportionally raise the value of tokens on the stock exchange. With regard to the relationship in this system, I fully agree with you. I am now continuing to study the information provided and I am very impressed with this application.

Yes, there are investors who like to play short distances and sell tokens immediately after entering the exchange. But many companies impose restrictions on the sale of tokens. Whether there will be also here or tokens it will be possible to sell absolutely freely.
Activity: 116
Merit: 0
Personally, your Futourist app will make a profit from the businesses that take part in the video review? I mean in the form of a separate fee for advertising their business. Has this been discussed with one of the participants of the tourism industry?
In any case, this will work as a large ecosystem, so I would like to understand how it will be possible to receive the maximum reward as a user from this, that would motivate future trips in the future.
I just wanted to learn more about the additional Futourist income items. After all, any additional profits on the platform can proportionally raise the value of tokens on the stock exchange. With regard to the relationship in this system, I fully agree with you. I am now continuing to study the information provided and I am very impressed with this application.
Activity: 392
I read in  White paper that you will also attract a traditional line of advertising.
"ADVERTISING
'RE keeping our options open with WCF of the traditional advertisements to increase revenue on our platform. "
What will this information look like? Will be used a binding to the city, which is read by the tourist? In case the city is not on your list, the advertisement will be attached in the free list?
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
I agree, the project looks grandiose, but I do not really understand how the system will distinguish true reviews from those who will write specifically for example.
will there be a rating of users who provided the most honest and objective feedback?

Yes, I also asked this question because I think that large companies can buy tokens and make reviews specifically. And how this fraud can be distinguished, I do not quite understand it yet ...
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
In addition to the video reviews in favor of business, is it possible to see in your application a historical reference or additional information about the city in which the tourist is located? Or will it be contained on the main platform? It is important for some tourists to have full and useful information.
Thanks for the reply.
Activity: 172
the idea behind this thing is very unique. would love to see this getting launched and kick the current existing trip reviewers.  Tongue

We are sure launch will happen Tongue
Will there be an application written for the windows phone. Just at the moment, many people have these phones. Do you consider it necessary to write an application for this operating system?

Due to low market share and latest superb technical capabilities of responsive web, at the moment we are not thinking about it. Talking to our community and our supporters and working with real usage data may change that in the future.
Activity: 140
the idea behind this thing is very unique. would love to see this getting launched and kick the current existing trip reviewers.  Tongue
Business - a company who uses Futourist in order to spread awareness / make direct sales / get other benefits like audience analytics etc.

I would like to know in more detail how the business will make sales within the network? Will it be direct advertising or something else?

If you are business and you want to sell your services, drinks, food or travel services you will be able to create "Offers". Offers are then displayed on users application in field "Nearby offers". Users looking to grab a drink or food in certain city can simply open the application and see what discounted offers are available near them.
Activity: 434
I agree, the project looks grandiose, but I do not really understand how the system will distinguish true reviews from those who will write specifically for example.
will there be a rating of users who provided the most honest and objective feedback?
I think one place may visit many people, so if you create fake review you should get many downvotes.

Futourist is the first travel review platform that rewards you for your reviews with crypto tokens.
On Futourist you will be able to claim the newly introduced Futourist Tokens (FTR) in return for your reviews of travel services and places, depending on the quality of that review (community upvotes).

Will there be a certain way or condition to get a good review quality? I think with this project, there will be so many people who want to be a reviewer. Because in addition to earn FTR tokens, it's also have a lot of fun.

Futourist is built as self sustaining platform backed by community. Therefore quality of a review is defined by community.
you paltform don't work  Undecided Undecided

Do tell more. We are here to discuss and answer any possible question you might have.
I've been thinking about this project for a long time. It is important that feedback can not be faked. Have you thought about writing a user's gps location in a blockchain that leaves a comment?

We intend to handle fake reviews by building solid AI which is able to detect most of the fake reviews. We are aware building good AI takes a lot of data (in order to build a solid model) so this feature cannot be rushed - but when the platform grows globally it will be ready. Beside that, this is a blockchain project, staking tokens isn't really a new concept so we can always look into that.
GPS location can easily be spoofed on client side (remember Pokemon GO users spoofing location in order to acquire exotic Pokemons) and also, requiring GPS locations is something we wouldn't want to enforce to our users who are honest (privacy). 
Activity: 294
Merit: 257
"... 'll allocate a large amount of tokens for the early adopters and initial review rewards... "
I understood correctly what participants who give reviews on the city or place that appears on your card for the first time will receive more tokens for participation in the contest? How will the case be when new videos are added? How often will the contest be updated?

I'm not quite sure if I understand the question but if the question is about reward distribution I can explain. For reward distribution we are using Pareto distribution. Each contest will have start and end period. On end date of the contest we create a pool of users who entered the contest + their reviews. Users are then ranked by their success and put on the Pareto distribution chart that looks like this:

https://subversion.american.edu/aisaac/notes/images/pareto-smallvals.png

If you look at the curve closely you can see the first few users reward is the highest BUT all users are part of the contest reward pool. Even the last user will receive a portion of tokens. This is called Long Tail rewarding and its intended to motivate and reward all users participating in contests.

Videos will still be handled with Pareto distribution but the time period will be different - most likely on 1 day (24h) period.
This project is very useful, people around the world love to travel! Looking forward to this project!

Yes, the project is really good, but for investors, as I understood it, the calculation is more for the long term. I do not really understand when the platform starts its work. But I think the demand for tokens will be very high.

Futourist is built on top of existing platform OpenHours that has over 1mio monthly users. This starting point will enable Futourist to add new features really quickly and start creating review contests funded from Community token pool. Therefore first FTR will go to community relatively shortly after the ICO. In order to calibrate contests to their "final form" we intend to start with few smaller contests - most likely focused on certain Geolocation full of reviewers and early adopters. Once the contests and their final form is finalised we will start with global contests - again funded from Community token pool. At that point businesses will be able to enter platform and start spending tokens - creating demand on exchange, triggering higher token velocity that leads to price growth.
Can a business buy all the tokens right now and in the future how can it manipulate the system? How it will all be tracked. I have not quite understood this yet. If the owner of the hotel buys a lot of tokens, he can roll out his business?

I will try to answer this with an example. One of business models we will offer is creating "Discount offers" where businesses who hold FTR tokens create time limited offers that users can buy. Imagine Happy Hour 50% discount on certain drink or food. Obviously all offers have limited target of users interested for that offer - numbers vary from town size, location, period etc. Once we establish and understand each offer audience is limited we know that spending more and more tokens wont increase that audience. So companies that acquire a lot of FTR tokens (in ICO phase or at any later time) are not limited by the platform but by simple supply/demand dynamic on the market. Other business models like creating competitions are again focused around specific location, audience or interest group which is limited by default. So in any scenario a business that acquires large quantities of FTR will have to spend them slowly and controlled and will NOT be able to manipulate platform.
Activity: 434
Can a business buy all the tokens right now and in the future how can it manipulate the system? How it will all be tracked. I have not really understood this yet. If the owner of the hotel buys a lot of tokens, he can roll out his business?
Business can promote himself, like a advertising, it's a feature of the platform and why it should be tracked?
Pages:
Jump to: