Author

Topic: [ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GIS & GeoTechnologies - page 244. (Read 563991 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Announcement

Geocoin testing with Qubit algorithm has been successful. We will launch the coin with the source, windows-qt wallet and mining instructions at 7:00 AM Monday, January 19, 2015 UTC. Which is 8 hours from now.

Dev, thanks for listening to everyone, making the decision to switch to Qubit and doing it so quickly. I am ready to mine  Wink
So to my understanding is Qubit a GPU mining algo then?

Qubit is a secure hasing algorithm that uses 5 rounds of hashing functions (luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo). It is ASIC & FPGA resistant. You can mine qubit using CPU or GPU. Mining rentals don't support qubit because it is so rare.
Since 11 rounds of hashing functions have already be cracked by FPGA ,it's easy to crack Qubit algo as well.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Announcement

Geocoin testing with Qubit algorithm has been successful. We will launch the coin with the source, windows-qt wallet and mining instructions at 7:00 AM Monday, January 19, 2015 UTC. Which is 8 hours from now.

Dev, thanks for listening to everyone, making the decision to switch to Qubit and doing it so quickly. I am ready to mine  Wink

Qubit is a secure hasing algorithm that uses 5 rounds of hashing functions (luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo). It is ASIC & FPGA resistant. You can mine qubit using CPU or GPU. Mining rentals don't support qubit because it is so rare.
So anyone tell me what miner I can use to set up qubit algo on? I wouldn't mind trying this rare algo out Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 111
GeoCoin Creator
Announcement

Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Announcement

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Announcement

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
I just did some updates for ccminer (Nvidia) to the Qubit Testpool, ccminer should work much more steady now, would be cool to have some feedback.
Activity: 714
@kryptographer
Awesome! Great to have another Qubit coin! I think there are like 2 in existence  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
Announcement

Geocoin testing with Qubit algorithm has been successful. We will launch the coin with the source, windows-qt wallet and mining instructions at 6:00 AM Monday, January 19, 2015 UTC. Which is 8 hours from now.

Great news !

I'm ready, Pool will be up Smiley
GeoCoin Creator
Announcement

Activity: 308
sgminer -k qubitcoin --difficulty-multiplier 256 -o stratum+tcp://cdt.suprnova.cc:3000
                  qubit

much better thanks forgot the diff multiplier
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
sgminer -k qubitcoin --difficulty-multiplier 256 -o stratum+tcp://cdt.suprnova.cc:3000
                  qubit
Activity: 308
still looking for some feedback on rejection rate.  I am getting a high rejection rate when testing with CDT on suprnova
GeoCoin Creator
Hi everyone,

I have gotten a big wave of PMs asking me about the launch so here is the update:

We have compiled and tested GeoCoin with the qubit algorithm and everything is working smoothly. Many blocks have been mined for testing purposes. The wallet is running on multiple unix machines (Qt wallets compiled smoothly on Ubuntu & fedora) and wallets are synced. We are compiling the Windows wallet so we keep an eye on this forum. Launch time will be announced soon.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1002
Quel marth Melloneamin
Lol)))) Sorry for stupid question what is a 3S algo? Idk it Shocked
Activity: 195
when launch  Undecided
Activity: 260
From qubit to 3s??? Is it true?

I'm fine with 3S too Cheesy
Activity: 215
that with the launch?
Activity: 215
and?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
From qubit to 3s??? Is it true?
Activity: 280
will there be a normal qt wallet for windows?
Jump to: