Author

Topic: [ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GIS & GeoTechnologies - page 247. (Read 563991 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1014
-360.000 pow coins
-34.000 premine coins
-%9,4 premine

Real specs.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
Twitter @Acimirov
One vote for qubit!

Like this algo. The coin will be different!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
any info on aprox launch time?

I doubt it will be out anytime this week. They are switching algos. If they can do that in less than a week, I would be impressed.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
any info on aprox launch time?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
I'll have to withdraw from this one, although I do have support for qubit, there's no place to rent from and i won't use my cpus testing this. Success of a coin isn't tied to the algo, but promotion itself.

That being said, testing the algo would require time and effort that I'm not willing to invest, good luck with it ocminer.

EDIT: There's no such thing as x11/x13 FPGAs, nor will there  ever be one (not profitable to build one). Those hashrate spikes are rentals Wink

I have myriad on qubit running already and can share my source with you (python) if you are interested. Testing would not be necessary as my myrq pool is already running for over a Year, its running fine Smiley
Activity: 574
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll have to withdraw from this one, although I do have support for qubit, there's no place to rent from and i won't use my cpus testing this. Success of a coin isn't tied to the algo, but promotion itself.

That being said, testing the algo would require time and effort that I'm not willing to invest, good luck with it ocminer.

EDIT: There's no such thing as x11/x13 FPGAs, nor will there  ever be one (not profitable to build one). Those hashrate spikes are rentals Wink
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Sounds good, count and me!
Activity: 168
Merit: 111
GeoCoin Creator
So Qubit or X11 ?

Qubit would be really cool.. Had long time no Qubit Pool running...

ocminer, are you setting up a pool for this coin?? I love to mine on your pool.

I like x11 or x13.

Thanks mate, yes i'll be hosting a pool since they switch to Qubit now which is really an interesting algo and quite rare.

@Dev: Good choice ! Give me a short heads up when you're ready and I'll prepare the pool for you.

Will do, and thanks for the support!
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1000
So Qubit or X11 ?

I like x11 or x13.

There is no relationship with the algo altcoin choose

now all the coin people are no interest

legendary
So Qubit or X11 ?

I like x11 or x13.

Thanks mate, yes i'll be hosting a pool since they switch to Qubit now which is really an interesting algo and quite rare.

@Dev: Good choice ! Give me a short heads up when you're ready and I'll prepare the pool for you.
GeoCoin Creator
Not another x11 coin , change algo to something else or why release it at first place.
X11 algo is really a bad choice

Miners are not willing to mine X11 aglo coins with GPU to compete with FPGA

So Qubit or X11 ?

After taking some time to review our algorithm choice, we are switching to Qubit. I'm sorry I didn't realize this at the beginning. Launch will likely be delayed until we can switch algorithms. Update will be made on this thread later today. x11 is out, qubit is in.

Thanks to everyone for your comments and helping me come to this realization.
Activity: 431
Merit: 250
So Qubit or X11 ?

I like x11 or x13.
legendary
So Qubit or X11 ?

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Miners are not willing to mine X11 aglo coins with GPU to compete with FPGA
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Not another x11 coin , change algo to something else or why release it at first place.
X11 algo is really a bad choice
GeoCoin Creator
CKC COPY CAT

I don't get the impression that they are working off of the CKC code base at all. The dev of this coin uses big scientific words. CKC looks like they want to put pins on a map. I get a good open source feeling from this coin.

Hi, yes we are science & analysis driven. As a geo-enthusiast, I hold some CKC but unfortunately I don't think they have delivered any geotechnologies yet. I think we should all support integrating new technologies with crypto. People need to stop supporting coins that have no purpose.

I don't think CKC has any GIS developers which would make things really difficult. The only similar thing we have is that we both are developing geocaching technologies. However, this is only 1 geotechnology we are working on and we are taking a very different approach.
legendary
CKC COPY CAT

I don't get the impression that they are working off of the CKC code base at all. The dev of this coin uses big scientific words. CKC looks like they want to put pins on a map. I get a good open source feeling from this coin.

legendary
Does algo even matter anymore? If someone wants to rape a coin, then they will: https://www.miningrigrentals.com/

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
How well does FPGA outperform? Do you have any links showing how the FPGAs are used for x11? This coin will be mined over several years.

I don't know of any proof but it's pretty obvious that there are FPGAs for x11, x13 etc. just by the massive amount of hashrate on some weak looking coins at launch. Qubit would be cool but the ultimate would be multi-algorithm like Myriad or Digibyte. Best for distribution and security IMO. 
Activity: 770
Jump to: