Author

Topic: [ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GIS & GeoTechnologies - page 248. (Read 563876 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Not another x11 coin , change algo to something else or why release it at first place.
Activity: 168
Merit: 111
GeoCoin Creator
nice logo.
I'll mine some GEO,but I really don't like X11 algo for it has really been raped by FPGA for months.  Sad
Ya it is tough to get around that FPGA raping when it comes to X11 but this coin also has a very small block reward so it might deter huge mining rigs from wanting to put their power and energy into mining this coin but I don't know for sure because I'm not a owner of a huge miner so I couldn't really tell you Smiley

I agree they will rape X11

What algorithm do you guys think is best to start? Maybe qubit is the most fair?

How well does FPGA outperform? Do you have any links showing how the FPGAs are used for x11? This coin will be mined over several years.
GeoCoin Creator
http://geo.minerpools.com/ - Dev please add it to the op! Thank you!

Hi and thank you for adding your pool, it is on the OP. We are considering switching to Qubit mining algorithm before launch. If we do this, does you pool support qubit?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Qubit would be cool.
GeoCoin Creator
nice logo.
I'll mine some GEO,but I really don't like X11 algo for it has really been raped by FPGA for months.  Sad
Ya it is tough to get around that FPGA raping when it comes to X11 but this coin also has a very small block reward so it might deter huge mining rigs from wanting to put their power and energy into mining this coin but I don't know for sure because I'm not a owner of a huge miner so I couldn't really tell you Smiley

What algorithm do you guys think is best to start? Maybe qubit is the most fair?
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Finally an interesting coin.
Activity: 1540
wait wut.

Activity: 357
Merit: 250
nice logo.

Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
nice logo.
Activity: 56
nice logo.
Activity: 776
Merit: 308
GeoCoin Developer - GIS Technologist
I'm personally interested to see if GIS and crypto can be integrated together that is why I will be supporting it by mining it at the beginning.  Good luck with the development  Smiley
GeoCoin Creator
If you have nothing before launch,plz fuck off!
we don't need any empty promise. too many shitcoins and scams in crypto world now.

We did not make any promises.

Note this anyone who is thinking of buying this bs.

Hi,

We are professional GIS developers and in no way are we bs. If you are uncomfortable with it, don't invest. Investors should feel confident in it.

This is an opportunity for people to get in early before significant developments are made. If you need to see our developments first, then wait until you see them.

1. Ok so then prove it

2. This is an opportunity for people to get ripped off by vaporware

3. Scam until proven otherwise

Thanks for your comment. I understand your point of view because there is no regulation and scams are everywhere. Since the developments are just starting up I have nothing to show you to prove we are not a scam. I see how that is risky, we are strangers in an unregulated market. But if it were a scam we would make barely any money. Scammers these days get maybe $5000 if they are a success. We are GIS professionals, we are not poor, there would be no point in scamming for us, would just be a waste of time. We are in this for the long run, to be one of the top coins.

I will be mining and buying the coins up while we develop. Proof will come in time. Best of luck with your investments.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
we don't need any empty promise. too many shitcoins and scams in crypto world now.

Hi,

We are professional GIS developers and in no way are we bs. If you are uncomfortable with it, don't invest. Investors should feel confident in it.

This is an opportunity for people to get in early before significant developments are made. If you need to see our developments first, then wait until you see them.

1. Ok so then prove it

2. This is an opportunity for people to get ripped off by vaporware

3. Scam until proven otherwise
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I think, at first, people will have a hard time understanding GIS and how it can be used with cryptocurrency. Most people don't know what GIS is right? I am really excited someone is doing this and no doubt has large potential. I would hate for this to be another scam. We NEED good quality projects in niche markets for crypto to survive.

No joke a developer told me today their biggest plan was to get on c-cex exchange.. I mean that is sad. Invest in coins with a real purpose. Just my 2 bits
GeoCoin Creator

Hi,

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist

GeoCoin Creator

We did not make any promises. We are simply showing the projects we are working on and people can decide if they want to invest or not. Our goal is a great one and if we are able to complete it, we will see huge gains. If you don't feel comfortable with it, wait until we deliver some developments and you can see we are true professionals before investing.
Activity: 31
GeoCoin Creator
What is a raster data processor?

GIS raster data is like an image. It has pixels in rows and columns. Massive amounts of raster data is collected by agencies like NASA, USDA, etc. and made open to the public. Satellite and aerial imagery are both examples of raster data. Each pixel has a geographic coordinate, meaning a location on the surface of the earth. When data is collected, each pixel is assigned a value. Take a look at the temperature image below. This is also raster data. The points represent the pixel values. A raster data processor would take different raster layers for the same area and execute some type of analysis.

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
GIS and crypto? what a load of BS.
Jump to: